What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll preface this by saying I'm a fan of Tim Mannah.

But his actions are damned inspirational, imo - f**k, he was back playing football, and training, the week after his younger brother tragically lost his life, and all because he did not want to let the club down.

I don't know about you, but that is f**king inspirational, and if a player is not pushed to perform at 100% capacity by that, then it says more about the other player, than it does about Timmy, imo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All I'm saying is that firstly, no refs seem to respect any players except Cameron Smith, who is one of their own obviously, because all of our refs are jumped up little twats. Secondly, Mannah is obviously a leader, and a well respected one, based on what he does on and off the field. Is that enough to make a good captain? We can't really say. He might well be a shit captain, but that brings me to my other point.

Does it matter? He has nothing to do with running the side, realistically. There are other leaders in the side who can fire people up if needed, eg Nathan Brown (who would be my captain, but that's a different discussion). He basically just talks to the refs, and even that's a pointless exercise these days.

I just think there are much bigger issues than who is designated to speak to the refs.
I agree there are plenty more important issues than who speaks to the refs, but I think a Mannah has had his time as on field leader and failed miserably.

I’d like to see Guth and Brown given a shot.

Glenneel

Bench
Nah it’s just another media beat up.

If Norman actually traded we'll rue this decision. Imo a very poor move and we'll field a very inexperienced spine. Expect a plethora of wooden spoons or low finishes coming our way until they gain the necessary experience. Even Nathan Cleary, for all his talent, needs an experienced offsider to help him, I doubt Moses is the man for Dylan Brown. BA just engineered his own demise, he doesn't need 10 matches to be sacked, he guaranteed his own dismissal. Come on down Holbrook.

Glenneel

Bench
Nice if they gave us Widdop for a year.
The only way the blow will be softened if the club did a deal with St Geo and we got Lomax their young centre. He'd cover 2 areas we're in great need of, cover centre that we are very skinny in plus is an excellent goal kicker. But doubt Parra are that switched on, but you can only hope.

The backline I'd put on the park for the first match would be:
1. French
2. Ferguson
3. Mennings
4. Lomax
5. Sivo/Gennings
6. Gutho
7. Moses

Avenger

Immortal
You are drawing a long bow.

Both halves were shopped around.

The only thing that Norman being signed proves is that he is a more attractive option to outside clubs than Moses.

@emjaycee has always had better sources than you.
But I was right on this occasion and now you can tell him that he is free to blow a load in your big mouth.

Avenger

Immortal
I don’t pretend to be anything other than a guy who comes on here and talks shit.

You could do with some of my modesty.
It's too difficult. However I don't make things up. That's where you crossed the line last time. Everything I hear is fair dinkum.

Latest posts