What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well I mean, to be fair, the refs these days are little tin pot dictators who have no respect for anyone not named Cam Smith...

Mannah is obviously a leader, the question should be whether he does a job as captain. And tbh captain is mostly an irrelevant title in rugby league
Mannah might be a good leader around the club I have no idea, but I know one thing for sure he’s not a captains arsehole.

Bazal

Post Whore
Mannah might be a good leader around the club I have no idea, but I know one thing for sure he’s not a captains arsehole.

I presume that statement is said with such authority based on your extensive understanding of the role of a captain in the NRL, the role of a captain at the Parramatta Eels, and the many games you have played under Mannahs captaincy...?

Glenneel

Bench
I dated a lawyer once. Senior associate.
Well went for coffee, she never replied to my txt after that.
For her every reply it'll cost you $100.

Lawyers are as bad as accountants, they'll drive for kilometres for a free feed, or coffee, in your case.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I presume that statement is said with such authority based on your extensive understanding of the role of a captain in the NRL, the role of a captain at the Parramatta Eels, and the many games you have played under Mannahs captaincy...?
I remember you used to bag the shit out of Ricky Pontings captaincy, doubt you played under him either......

Bazal

Post Whore
I remember you used to bag the shit out of Ricky Pontings captaincy, doubt you played under him either......

I bagged the shit out of what I could see, which was his tactics. Anyone could see that he was rubbish in that regard. He was undoubtedly a good man manager from all reports and I've also said that many times. In fact I'm sure if I could be bothered searching 60k posts I'd find at least one saying that if you combined Pups tactics and Punters man management skills you'd likely have the best Aussie captain of all time.

The thing is, though, a cricket captain has far more influence on the game and his side than an NRL captain, who is basically a glorified liason officer with zero input into tactics and far less of a role in the management of the side. I genuinely don't even know what the point of a captain is anymore...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I bagged the shit out of what I could see, which was his tactics. Anyone could see that he was rubbish in that regard. He was undoubtedly a good man manager from all reports and I've also said that many times. In fact I'm sure if I could be bothered searching 60k posts I'd find at least one saying that if you combined Pups tactics and Punters man management skills you'd likely have the best Aussie captain of all time.

The thing is, though, a cricket captain has far more influence on the game and his side than an NRL captain, who is basically a glorified liason officer with zero input into tactics and far less of a role in the management of the side. I genuinely don't even know what the point of a captain is anymore...
All fair points Baz, but I’m sorry Timmy is about as inspiring as a wet lettuce leaf.

Stevie

Bench
I’m not sad Norman is gone. But one has to ask. Are we buying anyone else or does that mean Moses and rookie halves?

Glenneel

Bench
Nah my mistake, he's a great leader. I mostly love how the refs have absolutely no respect for him at all and completely disregard anything he says on the field.
I think that applies to Parra generally. If playing Storm Smith can chat with them whenever he likes but the Parra captain is always waved away before he can even open his mouth.

Bazal

Post Whore
All fair points Baz, but I’m sorry Timmy is about as inspiring as a wet lettuce leaf.

All I'm saying is that firstly, no refs seem to respect any players except Cameron Smith, who is one of their own obviously, because all of our refs are jumped up little twats. Secondly, Mannah is obviously a leader, and a well respected one, based on what he does on and off the field. Is that enough to make a good captain? We can't really say. He might well be a shit captain, but that brings me to my other point.

Does it matter? He has nothing to do with running the side, realistically. There are other leaders in the side who can fire people up if needed, eg Nathan Brown (who would be my captain, but that's a different discussion). He basically just talks to the refs, and even that's a pointless exercise these days.

I just think there are much bigger issues than who is designated to speak to the refs.

Bazal

Post Whore
Nothing they write is true, they are just out to bring down our club.

latest