What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I honestly enjoyed Haunting of Hill House. It was a bit confusing for the first couple of episodes with the time jumps, but once I knew who everyone was and got used to it, it was fine.
I'm actually going to watch the first episodes again now that I know what's going.

Episodes 5 &6 were amazing. The final episode dragged on a bit but it did the job of wrapping up the story.
All in all great show.

Agreed
I just finished the final last night.

I felt the first couple of episodes are the best.

A brilliant jump scare in a later episode, I won't say which one.

Final was good

Apparentely there will be another season.

Next on the watchlist is Last Kingdom latest season

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sick Note

Dude gets mistakenly diagnosed with cancer, and things go from bad to worse.

It's really good.

PJ

First Grade
Agreed
I just finished the final last night.

I felt the first couple of episodes are the best.

A brilliant jump scare in a later episode, I won't say which one.

Final was good

Apparentely there will be another season.

Next on the watchlist is Last Kingdom latest season

Up to Ep8, watching with the wife.

Both of us feel that we are only watching now as we have invested that much into it.

Hope it pays off but can't see me starting Season 2.

I really wish Netflix didn't seem to have this obsession with 10 episode runs. This could have been a great 5-6 episode thing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Uhtred, Son of Uhtred is awesome.

I quite enjoyed Line of Duty, Bodyguard and The Level. If you like one you will like the others.

Generalzod

Immortal
Yeah that was awesome.

I still can't believe that dude allowed himself to have the bomb put around his neck.
I wonder whether the people that made the SAW movies you know "let's play a game" got their inspiration from this event.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Stan has secured a pretty massive deal with Disney. From tomorrow Stan will have a whole lot of Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Lucasfilm content. The premium package is $12 a month right now.

Vozzy

Juniors
If you like a good time travelling/crime solving thriller then watch DARK (German series with English voice over). It's complicated at first but do a re-watch it will be a hard show to explain to friends but it's a show that at the end you will want to talk about with someone. It's something done differently.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Can’t believe no one has mentioned Maniac.

Jonah Hill and Emma Stone star in this series of around 8 eps.

Set in a strange future, it’s a comedy thriller.. done in a hip, retro style, with loads of amusing details.

One of the only shows worth watching of the last few years. Hill & Stone are great, along with many others.

They both participate in a pharmaceutical trial (very common in this fictional society) done by a Japanese co. and the craziness ensues.

Another tick for MaM:1&2 and Evil Genius (hard to believe it’s true).

I watched a couple eps of a food show that was refreshingly different to the slew of others. Can’t recall the name.

azzah72

Bench
I've really enjoyed travellers.

Third season is out now.

Basic premise is people from the future have the technology to inhabit the body of someone who is destined to die and take over them just before they do.

They are trying to go back to correct history and save the future bit in doing so have to assume the lives of the people they've taken over.

It's a wild premise but pretty well done.

Frederick

Staff member
I've really enjoyed travellers.

Third season is out now.

Basic premise is people from the future have the technology to inhabit the body of someone who is destined to die and take over them just before they do.

They are trying to go back to correct history and save the future bit in doing so have to assume the lives of the people they've taken over.

It's a wild premise but pretty well done.
I started this last night when it popped up front and centre of my Netflix account. Only seen the first couple of episodes but enjoying it so far