What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Johnno, we don’t know, it may be one stupid mistake
If it’s serial, fair enough
We don’t know the history to judge the guy

Ouryears, you are right, I don't know the guy, and I agree its not my place to judge him.

On the other hand if we're talking about the crime of which he has been accused, I cannot condone it. I know plenty of young blokes do stupid things but I am not going to downplay what he has been accused of by suggesting it's not uncommon behaviour. I dont think it is.

Coffs dragon

Bench
It's so disappointing & again Rugby League News of the very worst type. It's time to wait & let the justice system prevail. I just hope that all parties involved are given the necessary support to help deal with this awful situation and alleged charge played out in the media. The families and friends of those concerned will be in shock and need help & support.

denis preston

First Grade
I dont make comments here very often, but im just so over all of this sort of thing seeming to be the norm these days.What the hell is wrong with these guys.They are role models whether they like it or not-it goes with the job these days.Guilty or not is not my concern-its the fact that they seem to not care about the great opportunity they have been given. I'd give my eye teeth to be told-hey,youre pretty good-how about we pay you $200k-$950k plus to go and do what you love anyway.None of this working lousy hours for lousy pay. Yet they risk it all for a few nights out and being stupid-and its not like its just 1 or 2. Is this the best we can expect now.My god-give me the old days-they hit the piss pretty hard back then-but summer was devoid of NRL news.Now its full of NRL news-and none of it good. Secondly-I have 3 daughters between 19 and 22. Is this the best young guys can do now-because it certainly wasnt when I was their age.We were taught to respect women- seems like footballers now think theyre so good that they can do whatever they want-even with a partner at home already.So disappointed.I really hope he's innocent-but the damage has already been done. Get ready to be earning $50k a yr and getting up at 5am Jack

Unfortunately DS the öld Days " were just as bad but these things were never reported by the victim or when they were ,not taken seriously by the authorities.Thank goodness things have changed. As for the media picking it up in the good old days they knew but never reported on these things.I remember a interview years ago with Alan Clarkson & Peter Frilingos about the 1967 ashes tour to England and their comments about the players of field behavior wasn't reported and if it was their access to players and stiries would be closed & therefore their jobs would be in jeopardy. The man in the bowler hat incident was just the tip of the iceberg.

I do agree though that a lot of players nowdays are used to being mollycoddled from a very early age by parents ( who see a paycheck and reflected glory ) and peers so from 12 to 13 years of age start to feel superior and more entitled than their mates.Whether he is guilty or innocent i agree with others , what was he doing exposing himself to a 19 year old girl with his pregnant fiance at home ? Who would have thought that our no dickheads policy was hiding one under our noses all the time !

Old Timer

Coach
How do you not get this?

Doing the dirty is bad enough.

Doing it when you are about to have a kid is irresponsible, selfish and screws up multiple lives.

Bringing a kid into the world comes with a raft of responsibilities, playing up runs the risk of bringing a child into the world in a broken family.

If someone thinks with their dick instead of their head when they are about to become a dad, they are not someone I’d want to associate with.
Oh I get it alright as usual you have double standards
If you are going to be a moralist then the pregnancy is irrelevant.
If you are willing to dump on JDB and take the moral high ground with no evidence then why the f**k are you following the NRL as itt us full of bad arses who have criossed all sorts of morally acceptable lines and there is more than enough documented evidence to validate that.

Gardenia

Juniors
Gutted by this.... Jack is a junior I have watched come through from day dot..whatever happens may the right outcomes prevail... Too bad Trent Merrin got away a few weeks back...
I'm pretty sure we would be one down now? the money used for Jack would still be taking up part of our cap? But of course he wont be playing.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Thou shalt not judge.....
He who has never sinned cast the first stone....
And so on......
I can understand if their behaviour is a dead set pattern and a common behaviour
However, If a friend makes a mistake, I stand by them
Thou shall not judge?

When it comes to choosing the type behaviour displayed by people you are comfortable associating with, there’s no better judge than oneself..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Terrible news and hopefully something that will get dealt with quickly for the victim and De Belin's sake. The longer it drags on the worse it gets.

Why De Belin would do such a thing or put himself in this situation at this time in his careers really astounds me. They get drilled on how to act during their time off plus it is common sense to most how to act, why you would choose not to is just plain dumb. Anyway, lets see what the courts say. Innocent til proven guilty.

And as per above, Stewart was also accused of similar or worse and got cleared so it's best not to judge too quickly.

Old Timer

Coach
Thou shall not judge?

When it comes to choosing the type behaviour displayed by people you are comfortable associating with, there’s no better judge than oneself..
You’re doing plenty of judging and convicting so you must be an Old Testament person.
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and all that vengeful stuff.
Best you get into the New Testsment where god is far more forgiving (hard concept for you no doubt)
Obviously not a catholic as a confession is ok by the church and absolution can be granted but not in the great Muzby’s world.
What a great friend you are in that someone might make a gross error in judgement and be forever repentant and in his moment of absolute need he turns around to find you walking in the opposite direction.
Don’t take up a religious vocation.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You’re doing plenty of judging and convicting so you must be an Old Testament person.
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and all that vengeful stuff.
Best you get into the New Testsment where god is far more forgiving (hard concept for you no doubt)
Obviously not a catholic as a confession is ok by the church and absolution can be granted but not in the great Muzby’s world.
What a great friend you are in that someone might make a gross error in judgement and be forever repentant and in his moment of absolute need he turns around to find you walking in the opposite direction.
Don’t take up a religious vocation.
You do realise you’re doing a terrific example of judging & convicting right now....?

KiamaSaint

Coach
Regardless of the outcome, what terrible news. It leaves a horrible taste in one's mouth. As supporters of this great club, we have all been proud of how our players have handled themselves off field. We scoffed and laugh at other teams who couldn't develop a culture.

It seems it is our turn but let's not let our disappointment overflow into ripping each other apart. We are going to cop it enough from other supporters.

De Belin has been accused.
De Belin has denied the allegations and any wrongdoing.
We don't know the facts.
The courts will decide.
Remember Brett Stewart?
The biggest issue is not that he has been accused, he has been charged.
The police wasted little time which is surprising to me.
Of course we all have to wait and see but not very good for the club.

Das Hassler

Bench
We keep hearing how these guys ( dickhead element of the NRL ) need to be educated by the clubs and the NRL on how not to treat people...on how not to present as a fool in public etc etc....isn't that a part of a child / parent relationship?....that we need to have grown men sat in a class to have it explained how and why not to be an idiot pretty much says where we're at...perhaps a "Hey dude..I'm not an idiot" game where some of these overgrown children can rollplay being a grown man... of course it would still need car crashes..gunfights and the rest to keep their attention but at least it would be a start.
Overhyped....over indulged.. playstation bedwetters

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Regardless of the outcome, what terrible news. It leaves a horrible taste in one's mouth. As supporters of this great club, we have all been proud of how our players have handled themselves off field. We scoffed and laugh at other teams who couldn't develop a culture.

It seems it is our turn but let's not let our disappointment overflow into ripping each other apart. We are going to cop it enough from other supporters.
As a WT supporter going through a similar thing with an idiot that hasn't even played a game for us yet . . . I feel for you guys too.
KiamaSaint, mate, there was the same differing reactions and opinions with us as well. If we are younger, older . . PC, or not . . . decent bloke, arsehole . . . the differing opinions and the ferocity in defending them, is amazing !!
The league, or society doesn't need these idiots out there. The law will hopefully sort them out.

Brutalitops

Juniors
We keep hearing how these guys ( dickhead element of the NRL ) need to be educated by the clubs and the NRL on how not to treat people...on how not to present as a fool in public etc etc....isn't that a part of a child / parent relationship?....that we need to have grown men sat in a class to have it explained how and why not to be an idiot pretty much says where we're at...perhaps a "Hey dude..I'm not an idiot" game where some of these overgrown children can rollplay being a grown man... of course it would still need car crashes..gunfights and the rest to keep their attention but at least it would be a start.
Overhyped....over indulged.. playstation bedwetters
Nothing will expose someone being out of touch faster than the classic "playstation is a kids activity" argument.

These idiots are not getting in trouble because of their playstation, movies, televisions, or any form of media. They're getting in trouble because they're morons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts