What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
A blow to our forward pack is the least of our worries at the moment. Has the thought of sponsorship, female membership to the club, and our female team entered your thick head yet
those issues will also matter..

one of the more pressing things to worry about for me at the moment is the victim, if the story is true..

and further to this is the repetitive behaviour we are seeing by NRL players and the damage this is doing to younger boys who see these guys as heroes and idols. the repetition sends the message that it's okay.

it's not okay.

obviously jack will have his day in court to determine fact from fiction, but the fact these charges have been laid says that something appears to have gone on when he has a pregnant fiance at home, and that speaks volumes about his character.

KiamaSaint

Coach
those issues will also matter..

one of the more pressing things to worry about for me at the moment is the victim, if the story is true..

and further to this is the repetitive behaviour we are seeing by NRL players and the damage this is doing to younger boys who see these guys as heroes and idols. the repetition sends the message that it's okay.

it's not okay.

obviously jack will have his day in court to determine fact from fiction, but the fact these charges have been laid says that something appears to have gone on when he has a pregnant fiance at home, and that speaks volumes about his character.
I don't mean to downplay any of these issues but my son is not getting his morality from league players, he is getting schooled by me.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I don't mean to downplay any of these issues but my son is not getting his morality from league players, he is getting schooled by me.
Normally I'd make a joke there, but not the time nor place..

Hard part with role models is we never know who people will pick.. Sometimes a person doesn't plan on being a role model, but then someone will look up to them for one reason or another and go from there..

I'm sure if you reflect on your own experience, who you are today is based on your interactions with a number of different people and the opinions you formed from them..

The whole concept of stories throughout history has been to help instill right from wrong in kids (think fables, fairy tales, even superhero stories) however sportspeople play the same role via their actions on the field.. however the hard part for a kid is delineating between on and off field behaviour..

KiamaSaint

Coach
Normally I'd make a joke there, but not the time nor place..

Hard part with role models is we never know who people will pick.. Sometimes a person doesn't plan on being a role model, but then someone will look up to them for one reason or another and go from there..

I'm sure if you reflect on your own experience, who you are today is based on your interactions with a number of different people and the opinions you formed from them..

The whole concept of stories throughout history has been to help instill right from wrong in kids (think fables, fairy tales, even superhero stories) however sportspeople play the same role via their actions on the field.. however the hard part for a kid is delineating between on and off field behaviour..

"It takes a village..." as they say but to a very large extent my moral conviction came from my folks. That is not to say that I wasn't influenced by others but parental guidance was far and away the biggest influence.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
"It takes a village..." as they say but to a very large extent my moral conviction came from my folks. That is not to say that I wasn't influenced by others but parental guidance was far and away the biggest influence.
And probably a great reflection on your parents for doing a good job, but plenty of times kids will look outside of the family unit for guidance.. It's not a rebellion thing, it's more that our development generally involves interaction with a lot of people.. And it can be hard to work out who kids will take a shining to..

It's why good parents can still end up raising jerks and good people can still exist in spite of having terrible parents..

Old Timer

Coach
All the morality lessons are well and good but let's see what happens when all the evidence is on display and then offer informed opinion.
To all the people going on about how heinous it is that he potentially cheated on his partner I ask how many people are in your family or circle of friends who have done similar?
If it is true re his infidelity, JDB is not the 1st and won't be the last, so let his partner decide what is the best way forward for her and everyone else should keep out of it.
If guilty of a crime then he will deserve everything he gets.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
To all the people going on about how heinous it is that he potentially cheated on his partner I ask how many people are in your family or circle of friends who have done similar?
If a mate of mine cheated on his pregnant partner, his number would be deleted out of my phone pretty quickly..

I dont make comments here very often, but im just so over all of this sort of thing seeming to be the norm these days.What the hell is wrong with these guys.They are role models whether they like it or not-it goes with the job these days.Guilty or not is not my concern-its the fact that they seem to not care about the great opportunity they have been given. I'd give my eye teeth to be told-hey,youre pretty good-how about we pay you $200k-$950k plus to go and do what you love anyway.None of this working lousy hours for lousy pay. Yet they risk it all for a few nights out and being stupid-and its not like its just 1 or 2. Is this the best we can expect now.My god-give me the old days-they hit the piss pretty hard back then-but summer was devoid of NRL news.Now its full of NRL news-and none of it good. Secondly-I have 3 daughters between 19 and 22. Is this the best young guys can do now-because it certainly wasnt when I was their age.We were taught to respect women- seems like footballers now think theyre so good that they can do whatever they want-even with a partner at home already.So disappointed.I really hope he's innocent-but the damage has already been done. Get ready to be earning $50k a yr and getting up at 5am Jack

Old Timer

Coach
If a mate of mine cheated on his pregnant partner, his number would be deleted out of my phone pretty quickly..
Does she have to be pregnant for it to be relevant?
IMO lots in here wanting to give it to JDB but at the same time would keep company with people that have strayed from the marital bed.
Is such behaviour so abhorrent that it would preclude you from cheering for a player during a game or even his team for having him at the club?
If your moral fibre is that strong then I wonder why you bother being part of anything to do with the NRL?

Mark D

Juniors
Gutted by this.... Jack is a junior I have watched come through from day dot..whatever happens may the right outcomes prevail... Too bad Trent Merrin got away a few weeks back...

Walpole

Juniors
Just when you think your club is above this sort of thing...

If JDB, Walker, Hayne or whoever is found guilty of sexual assault the NRL needs to take a stand and ban them for life. No bullshit about second chances, their second chance will come in life and whether they can go on to become a better person. Their time as a highly paid NRL player should be over. These players are not more important than the women they mistreat.

True_Believer

Juniors
All the morality lessons are well and good but let's see what happens when all the evidence is on display and then offer informed opinion.
If it is true re his infidelity, JDB is not the 1st and won't be the last, so let his partner decide what is the best way forward for her and everyone else should keep out of it.
If guilty of a crime then he will deserve everything he gets.

I'm really starting to think the world has gone mad because this is the second time I've agreed with you OT.

I'm willing to wait until we find out for sure. There are so many scenarios that may have happened here that it's not worth speculating. The court will decide the outcome based on information we don't have. As we know, the papers have been known to sensationalise events to get a story. So for me, I can't believe everything I read.

I'll wait until Feb.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Does she have to be pregnant for it to be relevant?
How do you not get this?

Doing the dirty is bad enough.

Doing it when you are about to have a kid is irresponsible, selfish and screws up multiple lives.

Bringing a kid into the world comes with a raft of responsibilities, playing up runs the risk of bringing a child into the world in a broken family.

If someone thinks with their dick instead of their head when they are about to become a dad, they are not someone I’d want to associate with.

Brutalitops

Juniors
How do you not get this?

Doing it when you are about to have a kid is irresponsible, selfish and screws up multiple lives.

Bringing a kid into the world comes with a raft of responsibilities, playing up runs the risk of bringing a child into the world in a broken family.

If someone thinks with their dick instead of their head when they are about to become a dad, they are not someone I’d want to associate with.
100% agreed. Cheating is a dog act at the best of times, but if someone did it with a pregnant wife then it really shows not only they're a bad person but way too immature/irresponsible to raise a child, and I'd be ending my association with them quick smart

ouryears

Bench
How do you not get this?

Thou shalt not judge.....
He who has never sinned cast the first stone....
And so on......
I can understand if their behaviour is a dead set pattern and a common behaviour
However, If a friend makes a mistake, I stand by them

Status
Not open for further replies.