What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViceVersa

Juniors
CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 61JA
Aggravated sexual assault in company
61JA Aggravated sexual assault in company
person a) who has sexual intercourse with another person without the consent of the other person and who knows that the other person does not consent to the sexual intercourse, and
(b) who is in the company of anotherperson or persons, and
(c) who:
(i) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, intentionally or recklessly inflicts actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby, or

(ii) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, threatens to inflict actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby by means of an offensive weapon or instrument, or

(iii) deprives the alleged victim of his or her liberty for a period before or after the commission of the offence, is liable to imprisonment for life.

(2) A person sentenced to imprisonment for life for an offence under this section is to serve that sentence for the term of the person's natural life.
(3) Nothing in this section affects the operation of section 21 of the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act 1999 (which authorises the passing of a lesser sentence than imprisonment for life).(4) Nothing in this section affects the prerogative of mercy.

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61ja.html

I'm not grandstanding, just stating the exact definition of the charge to understand how serious it is. On the Steeton Lawyers website, it says "This offence is regarded as among the most serious offences, reflected in the maximum penalty of life imprisonment. Upon conviction a full-time custodial sentence is highly likely. The Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act 1999 (NSW) prescribes a standard non-parole period of 15 years."

As always, at this stage he deserves the presumption of innocence. I hope as a club we can get through this, but don't jump to conclusions.

Wittenberg

Juniors
My brother grew up playing union while I played league. We have always argued since we were kids about which was the better code. He has always maintained that league players are brainless boofheads. I hated that stereotype. I always was annoyed when, inevitably, some off season story hit the papers. I would point to Ben Creagh and other players who not only broke the 'dumb NRL' player mode, but who made a positive contribution to their community. I believe the majority of NRL players do that but FMD is right! Yes, innocent until proven guilty etc but it sounds bad, ' sexual assault in company' ? I hope this is baseless but ......to think earlier today the thing that annoyed me most was seeing our new 'marque player' out with Hayne. Feel sorry for JDB's partner and also the victim if, what is alleged, is true.

Wittenberg

Juniors
People call me negative.
Why don’t you all shut up until the matter is resolved?
When the matter is done and dusted them make your comments.
The girl & JDB need to be given time to make their case and baseless rumour mongering or trivialisation won’t help either side.
You have a point Old Timer. Many, myself included, are disappointed and saddened by it all, hence the reactions. Maybe keep our powder dry is good advice.

kenz272

Juniors
CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 61JA
Aggravated sexual assault in company
61JA Aggravated sexual assault in company
person a) who has sexual intercourse with another person without the consent of the other person and who knows that the other person does not consent to the sexual intercourse, and
(b) who is in the company of anotherperson or persons, and
(c) who:
(i) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, intentionally or recklessly inflicts actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby, or

(ii) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, threatens to inflict actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby by means of an offensive weapon or instrument, or

(iii) deprives the alleged victim of his or her liberty for a period before or after the commission of the offence, is liable to imprisonment for life.

(2) A person sentenced to imprisonment for life for an offence under this section is to serve that sentence for the term of the person's natural life.
(3) Nothing in this section affects the operation of section 21 of the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act 1999 (which authorises the passing of a lesser sentence than imprisonment for life).(4) Nothing in this section affects the prerogative of mercy.

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61ja.html

I'm not grandstanding, just stating the exact definition of the charge to understand how serious it is. On the Steeton Lawyers website, it says "This offence is regarded as among the most serious offences, reflected in the maximum penalty of life imprisonment. Upon conviction a full-time custodial sentence is highly likely. The Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act 1999 (NSW) prescribes a standard non-parole period of 15 years."

As always, at this stage he deserves the presumption of innocence. I hope as a club we can get through this, but don't jump to conclusions.
WOW dose not get much bigger than this

Bench
I think the admin of our forum should delete these threads and ban any future postings in the forum.
To be fair JDB is innocent at this stage and the matter needs to be left to the appropriate people.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I think the admin of our forum should delete these threads and ban any future postings in the forum.
To be fair JDB is innocent at this stage and the matter needs to be left to the appropriate people.
Never happened with any other player. Yes he's innocent until proven guilty but there's no suppression order in this case so the public are allowed to discuss

TruSaint

Referee

Why?

This is news. Relevant to the forum. One cannot regulate the subject because the case has yet to be determined. We can be cautious and considerate as to the facts at hand, but thats it.

ouryears

Bench
People call me negative.
Why don’t you all shut up until the matter is resolved?
When the matter is done and dusted them make your comments.
The girl & JDB need to be given time to make their case and baseless rumour mongering or trivialisation won’t help either side.
I agree with you OT.

Plus, if he is found guilty, which I hope very much he is not, but if he is, sympathy to the girl...but as a football club, move on from it....

We can't control every action by men who are nearly 30, there is never ever any point crying over spilt milk, nor at looking back.

If he is innocent, beauty.

If he isn't I will feel for the girl, but as far as our footy club goes, move on....while also championing proper behaviour.

Won't catch me crying over him if it's true, another player gets an opportunity in my view.

Might sound simple, but sure as hell let's me sleep well. Naturally, I hope he is not guilty.

If he is guilty, the club still needs to offer support and counselling to ALL parties, Inc JDB. I don't believe in scrap heaps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts