What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fights || Modern Day vs Old Days

thorson1987

Coach
How about this classic fight from 2003. Dont know who the players are though.
Yeah sure the 80s undoubtedly had the best biffo but i think the early to mid 2000s also had some pretty f**ken decent fist cuffs!

Pretty sure the Cowboys player was Glenn Morrison. Not sure on the Souths bloke though.

_Johnsy

Referee
Not really a fight but definitely one of the most infamous moments in NRL ... finally someone uploaded it

That one act epitomises melbourne.

One of my favourites was when dog shot Steve Price shaped up in origin and got put on his ass like an over packed sack of spuds. Always makes me smile.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Is there footage online anywhere of Warriors vs Cowboys fight from Townsville in 2001? The one that spilled over the sideline and resulted in a couple of cheergirls getting bowled over in the chaos? Tony Tuimavave was the main guy on the warriors side, can’t recall who the Cowboy was. That was a good one, as was the whole game for action- Ali Lauiti’iti got sent off for a high shot (they got the wrong guy), and Tai Liava’a absolutely destroyed Shaun Valentine witha legal tackle- Ventine was knocked cold and had to retire soon after due to concussion issues.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
That one act epitomises melbourne.

One of my favourites was when dog shot Steve Price shaped up in origin and got put on his ass like an over packed sack of spuds. Always makes me smile.
Pricey talks about that in his book. Admits he couldn’t punch his way out of a paper bag and didn’t know what the hell he was thinking

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Not really a fight but definitely one of the most infamous moments in NRL ... finally someone uploaded it

Probably the closest thing the NRL has had to what Ben Flower did in the Super League Grand Final a couple of years ago, and he's still running around up there shockingly.

Seb Paez

Juniors
Is there footage online anywhere of Warriors vs Cowboys fight from Townsville in 2001? The one that spilled over the sideline and resulted in a couple of cheergirls getting bowled over in the chaos? Tony Tuimavave was the main guy on the warriors side, can’t recall who the Cowboy was. That was a good one, as was the whole game for action- Ali Lauiti’iti got sent off for a high shot (they got the wrong guy), and Tai Liava’a absolutely destroyed Shaun Valentine witha legal tackle- Ventine was knocked cold and had to retire soon after due to concussion issues.

I’m looking for that game. I can probably try my luck with myreplay.com.au that sells dvds of full games. It’s not listed on the catalogue but I’ve already pestered them a few times for games not listed haha. Also looking for the dragons vs tigers game with the brawl where hopoate and some other merkin got sent off

_Johnsy

Referee
My 1st guess (even though I have NFI about the dates/years of careers) would be Luke O'Donnell

beave

Coach
My 1st guess (even though I have NFI about the dates/years of careers) would be Luke O'Donnell

nah he didn’t come up til 2004 mate, the game in question was in 2000.

Brett Boyd was the main NQ player involved (ex penrith hooker) and Chad Halliday and David Myles for NZ from my rubbish memory.............

Both clubs got fined a shit tin as well. Was not a good look, pretty much summed up the NQ club at the time really.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Probably the closest thing the NRL has had to what Ben Flower did in the Super League Grand Final a couple of years ago, and he's still running around up there shockingly.

the thing with that incident, if Badger had of had his f**king eyes open and penalised O’neill for the initial high shot, Williams probably doesn’t get up like a f**king idiot and throws that ridiculous punch. I never understood why Badger wasn’t put under more scrutiny for it.

beave

Coach
what about that time Ian Roberts laud our Gary Jack?

speaking of Gary Jack, check out his instagram, the merkin is whinging about fox playing old games with him in them and not getting paid any money from fox for the privilege....... I know it was bantered around that he was a tight ass but he is honestly living up to it with that shit.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Weyman ruining Daniel conns future modelling career. Didn’t he actually try to get damages paid out to him or something like that?

Mr Spock!

Referee
what about that time Ian Roberts laud our Gary Jack?

speaking of Gary Jack, check out his instagram, the merkin is whinging about fox playing old games with him in them and not getting paid any money from fox for the privilege....... I know it was bantered around that he was a tight ass but he is honestly living up to it with that shit.
@4:45