What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019. The year of the Warrior.

spear tackle

Juniors
Like every other year I really don't know where we will end up but after last year I think we will do better.

vvvrulz

Coach
Can't say at all until we see how they go without Princess.

Love him or hate him, our record has been generally diabolical without him.
Reserving all judgement until I see how the new #7 clicks; results could swing in any direction.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Can't say at all until we see how they go without Princess.

Love him or hate him, our record has been generally diabolical without him.
Reserving all judgement until I see how the new #7 clicks; results could swing in any direction.
Yeah I think he's undoubtedly a huge loss. If we don't do well this year without him, a lot of peeps that said we would be better off without him, will be eating their words...

Top 8 result is not an improvement, we made that last year. Need better because we SHOULD want better.

BLN2

Juniors
The expectation on the new half will be huge, the media will be wankers about it and make them feel either untouchable if we win the first few, or will bash the shit out of them if they start slow. Lose/lose really, they will need to stay grounded and keep focused on performance and following the gameplan.

Is Green going to wear the 7? He was basically being the halfback last year, but I think it would be a good move just to take a little bit of spotlight off the rookie. SJ basically only ran the plays on the right, using his and Harris running games to create holes in the defence, and if they were numbered out he'd pass to the centre (or stop dead, do some dancing and hope for the best).

I think if the new guy can defend well, offer some decent kicking and passing game, we can do what we did last season. Although, if we lose a RTS, Harris, Luke or Green for a decent length of time, we'll be in trouble. Those guys bar maybe Luke (if Roache steps up) are irreplaceable. I'm expecting a 6-10th finish.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
The expectation on the new half will be huge, the media will be wankers about it and make them feel either untouchable if we win the first few, or will bash the shit out of them if they start slow. Lose/lose really, they will need to stay grounded and keep focused on performance and following the gameplan.

Is Green going to wear the 7? He was basically being the halfback last year, but I think it would be a good move just to take a little bit of spotlight off the rookie. SJ basically only ran the plays on the right, using his and Harris running games to create holes in the defence, and if they were numbered out he'd pass to the centre (or stop dead, do some dancing and hope for the best).

I think if the new guy can defend well, offer some decent kicking and passing game, we can do what we did last season. Although, if we lose a RTS, Harris, Luke or Green for a decent length of time, we'll be in trouble. Those guys bar maybe Luke (if Roache steps up) are irreplaceable. I'm expecting a 6-10th finish.
Nice post.

I remember the Penrith game last year (not the final) that we got hammered in, and their young half carved us up. By the sounds of it, our young halves have been talked up somewhat, and I'm really interested to see their enthusiasm. SJ, as much as I've enjoyed him play has looked disinterested for a while now.
I think there will be a lot of mistakes from the youngens, and while that is expected, I'm really hoping that the enthusiasm outshines this and we see them stepping up.

Imo we will do better this year than last. I'm picking 6th or 7th. That could improve if we pick up a signing before rd 1

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Too many questions to have much expectation yet. But it’s a bit like 2001, so many unknowns that we can go into the season with very little pressure and hopefully enjoy the year as it unfolds.

JJ

Immortal
Missing the 8 comfortably for mine . Then there's always one team that looks shithouse on paper that makes the 8, just that was us in 2018

Big Marn

Juniors
i know this is cliche but our season will live or die on how healthy our best players are throughout a full season. We dont have the depth to cover losing a RTS or a Green or a Harris this year.

Interesting article that came about a week ago about how Mt Smart is the 3rd most dangerous stadium for injuries.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12181637

A couple of seasons ago, I commented about how i felt we were getting more than our share of ACL injuries on Mt Smart Stadium and was wondering about the field being fit for purpose. Looks like i may not have been imagining things.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Looks like a few people have had a big Christmas bender.

Surely we cannot make the 8. If we do, minus SJ and Gavet with no replacements, Kearney will cement himself as a bona-fide NRL coach.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors

Surely we cannot make the 8. If we do, minus SJ and Gavet with no replacements, Kearney will cement himself as a bona-fide NRL coach.

SJ and Gavet did bugger all last season. Mannering looked like he played one year too long, so with those three gone and our younger players with more experience, and a good prop in Ah Mau coming on board (plus Roache back, who was injured all year), I don't think it's crazy to imagine us going as well as we did last year.

We have gotten stronger IMHO. SJ was all about himself and Gavet went down a few gears from his previous season. With our additions and culture change how can you not think we will make it to the 8? SJ is not a god and he failed us big time.

Cannot wait to see the boys take on the Sharks in Wellington my hometown

Warriors finals bound (again) 2019

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
UNLIKE most of you guys, I'm truly gutted we lost SJ but I like the optimism that you SJ haters bring - in that we can be successful without him.

JJ

Immortal
UNLIKE most of you guys, I'm truly gutted we lost SJ but I like the optimism that you SJ haters bring - in that we can be successful without him.
We certainly can be successful without him I just reckon we will take a couple of years given there's no obvious successor

Pretty sure it's the year of The Pig.

There are always the unknown unknowns, injuries, bounce of the ball calls, young halves, off field drama.

Positives; 2nd year of Corvo training, a few more games under the belt for last years rookie forwards. A solid core of experienced players still there. 1 less ego.

SK selection repeat selection of bad defenders (looking at your Kata) will be interesting.

We feel like a mid table team 6-12.

Latest posts