What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rule changes you'd like to see

i'd like to see the first 5 minutes of extra time changed to golden try:
for field goals and penalties points are added and game carries on as per normal
if a try is scored that ends the game
if scores are locked at the break 2nd half goes to golden point

i think this would help resolve the boring field goal kick-a-thon we get whenever a game goes to golden point

frankly given how long the rule has been in place and how many games have gone to golden point you would think players would be getting better at kicking them by now some attempts are downright embarrassing

p.s. i think refs wouldn't be as scared to blow a penalty in golden try knowing it might not decide the game

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I'd like to see a rule where if 1 rule is changed then there can't be any rule changes for another 5 years. I'd also like to see a rule where the rules can't be changed during a season. Another one would be that the proposed rule change would be announced in the time after the grand final and before the first team returns to pre-season training.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd like to see a rule where punching Dylan Walker was worth as many points as a penalty goal.

I'd like to see a rule where if 1 rule is changed then there can't be any rule changes for another 5 years. I'd also like to see a rule where the rules can't be changed during a season. Another one would be that the proposed rule change would be announced in the time after the grand final and before the first team returns to pre-season training.

good point

so often the nrl brings in these knee-jerk rule changes as a reaction to some controversy and they forget that any change to one part of the game can create a ripple effect somewhere else

ideally they would only change rules at the end of the season and only after consulting with the clubs

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
I agree with golden try ... tho just have the entire 2 periods of extra time golden try

Some logistics to sort out though ... what if a team kicks 2 penalty goals? Its gonna need more than a try to get the win

Gazzamatta

Coach
I agree with golden try ... tho just have the entire 2 periods of extra time golden try

Some logistics to sort out though ... what if a team kicks 2 penalty goals? Its gonna need more than a try to get the win
. No penalty kicks for goal.
. No field goals.
. No trys scored after extra time the match declared a draw.

strider

Post Whore
yeah i think in extra time you should be able to accumulate as many points as you can via goals and field goals - and if no tries are scored then whoever is infront at the end of the extra time wins .... but if a try is scored to put you infront you win instantly

84 Baby

Referee
f**k extra time off for regular season games. It was brought in, knee jerk as usual, because a finals game went overtime. Just have draws for regular season, full 10 min extra time for finals matches and if still tied go to golden point

Dibs

Bench

Differential penalties only. No kicks at goal.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Get rid of the game entirely and replace it with something more interesting.

You reckon remove 4 players per side, add a bonus zone where tries count as 5 points, condense games into 9 minute halves? I reckon it could take off.

Or alternatively we could build a time machine and prevent Craig Bellamy from ever becoming a coach. Whatever one is easier.

hindy111

Post Whore
No extra time in normal rounds

Try scorer kicks off

Any penalty inside redzone is given at end of set rather then in middle of it

chiefy1

Juniors
Id like to see every player wear gps trackers, and only those caught continuously inside the 10 be penalized.
Sick of these tit for tat infringements where if you're offside by half a meter the opposition gets an enormous field position advantage, when some offsides aren't looked at

Latest posts