What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

ThingFish

Juniors
Nooooo no no Buddy Gordon ru kidding me for AJ nooooo
Does that mean Inglis wants fullback ?
Why sign Gordon when Jennings is still waiting ,if we lose AJ and Jennings I will be fuming wtf

I’d say AJ will make way for Jennings. If we lt him go that is.

B41EFAB2-4167-4064-8F89-E639609752A3.jpeg

250excf

Juniors
I’d say AJ will make way for Jennings. If we lt him go that is.

View attachment 25918
I love AJ but if he doesn’t want to be here at Souths he can get f$#@&*
He’s obviously delirious if he thinks he is a gun fullback has great speed and great hands but lacks in positioning in defence and also refuses to put his body on the line which is a standard requirement in the nrl
Make way for Jennings who
A wants to be at Souths :thumbsup::thumbsup:
B puts his body on the line
C is a team player and will play wherever is best for the team not spit the dummy like some are doing :joy::joy::ok_hand:

callmack1

Staff member
Interesting. I thought the whole thing with AJ wanting out was over but obviously not. Look, if he wants to go, he can go in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great player - As a winger. If he thinks he's a fullback then he is kidding himslelf and if he doesn't want to be here then he can go. As I've said before, I want to keep AJ but I ain't gonna throw my toys out of the cott is he does want to leave.

Happy for Buddy Gordon to come home but I don't think he'll be anywhere near first grade.

Last edited:

Go Bunnies

Juniors
I don’t know why people keep quoting the Mole or Lurker. If they were so sure of their predictions they wouldn’t hide their identities. So much of what they report just doesn’t pan out.
AJ is not going anywhere.
Whether Jennings stays or goes has nothing to do with AJ. It will be dependant on where GI decides to play.
Does anyone know if GI is back at training yet? You need to be fit to play fullback.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
I don’t know why people keep quoting the Mole or Lurker. If they were so sure of their predictions they wouldn’t hide their identities. So much of what they report just doesn’t pan out.
AJ is not going anywhere.
Whether Jennings stays or goes has nothing to do with AJ. It will be dependant on where GI decides to play.
Does anyone know if GI is back at training yet? You need to be fully fit to play fullback.
GI returns on Monday I believe with the rest of the squad, that was always the plan.

Pauly1

Juniors
The squad returned today except for the Rep players
Rep players my ass!
Are they a squad or not?
$Burgi clan and $$inglis, get back to training with the squad, you are 1 team and should train as 1 team.
Why do they require special treatment?

Pommy

Coach
Rep players my ass!
Are they a squad or not?
$Burgi clan and $$inglis, get back to training with the squad, you are 1 team and should train as 1 team.

Because their season was longer and they need a break?

callmack1

Staff member
Rep players my ass!
Are they a squad or not?
Yes that's true but rep players are subject to more games and more training sessions with their rep sides which extends the workload of their season. Thus, they have a longer break.

Was Jennings at training ?
Yep, he was.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I genuinely believe we don’t have enough cap space to re sign Jennings and that is probably because we resigned Cook on big money. We have a lot of good players on good contracts which kind of leaves Jennings out of the equation if he wants a bigger payday. We’ve uncovered a few quality outside backs so I have no doubt we will replace Jennings like we always do. I understand he’s a great player but AJ was a great, no brilliant player in 2014 and everyone is happy to see the back of him now because of one average year at fullback. Wingers are replaceable. Each year there are at least half a dozen that make their mark in the NRL.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Rep players my ass!
Are they a squad or not?

FYI the Players Association has made it a condition of contract that every player must get a minimum 6 weeks off every year, so Rep players always come back from pre season later as they’ve played/trained longer then anyone else.

Some of them will come back earlier to be part of the squad, Esan Marsters was back at Wests training a couple of days after returning from the NZ tour, however more experienced guys like Inglis/Burgess et know what their body requires and would be more likely to come back a bit later.

ThingFish

Juniors
FYI the Players Association has made it a condition of contract that every player must get a minimum 6 weeks off every year, so Rep players always come back from pre season later as they’ve played/trained longer then anyone else.

Some of them will come back earlier to be part of the squad, Esan Marsters was back at Wests training a couple of days after returning from the NZ tour, however more experienced guys like Inglis/Burgess et know what their body requires and would be more likely to come back a bit later.
Both GI and Sammy didn’t play any post season rep footy. They did have off season operations though. Sammy also did start training with the squad last year, he presented WB with his membership.