What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Watching someone in a 3rd world country doing their best just to try and survive while some white guy stares at them and smiles sure is a great experience for b9th parties.

Same as these people who go to africa for 2 weeks to feed the starving kids. Its more a feel good story for themself then anything. Oh what a great person you are.

If you think that's what travel is, then I feel bad for you. Get off the rich kids Insta and actually go try it for yourself

TheRam

Coach
Just got back from our family cruise. Happy new year everyone.

PS me thinks cruises are for bogans. Can’t see myself doing it again despite going on a supposed beter one.

Well I went on my first ever cruise a bout 3 years ago now with my girlfriend and it was actually a lot better then I had hoped for. We did the NZ and Aus land and sea package for 33 days I think it was. The sea part was from NZ to Aus Syd, Mel, Ade, Esperance and Peth. 17 Days on the boat I think.

Well we must of got lucky because the average age would of been in the late 50's-60's I think. I think we would have been closest to the youngest on that cruise. And it was almost child free, maybe 5 or 6 kids all up, well behaved and hardly ever saw them anyway. The conversations were brilliant at times, talking to retired doctors, lawyers, bankers, farmers, teachers, business owners, 90 yr old politician(very funny man) and even and old magician who thankfully restrained himself from doing his magic on the cruise.

But many on the cruise told us that the cruise and ship we were on, the Celbrity Solstice, was usually always for the mature and retiree types and the Carrabean ones were for the Bogans. Like I said, we had no clue, just lucky I guess and if you asked me would I do it again, the answer would be yes.

P.s. I worked with a fella who went on his first ever cruise at around the same time I went on mine and he had a blast. The people were around his age group, late 40's early fifties types and not Bogany. He loved it so much that he convinced a lady friend and her young boy to go with him and have a nice relaxing adventure on the high seas. Well apparently the boat was this time around, full of young and insane to party bogan louts. They were miserable. He had to fight the throngs of drinkers 10 deep at bars to get served, loud and obnoxious, kids running a muck, pools swamped with hundreds of over bearing pissheads. He said he was embarressed that he had convinced this woman to come along with her boy only to experience such a shitty time. He ended up spending the last 3 days in his cabin and she in hers. He came back miserable. So I suppose it can be very pot luck with these things depending on what you are looking for.

Gronk

Staff member
I have no desire to go to Bali. I think it's a paradise for aussie bogans. The Balinese only tolerate us because we bring dollars into their economy.
Bali is fine, just avoid Kuta etc. Stay at Jimbaran, Seminyak. Get a pool villa in Ubud. It's easy to avoid the bogans except for the airport.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Only bogans surf.

c116c7bea59f7efd93cbd7ce33189698