What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
If you think that's what travel is, then I feel bad for you. Get off the rich kids Insta and actually go try it for yourself

I've been to Tokyo, Usa x 3, Europe x 2, all around Australia,Egypt and Sth America.
Look its nice but every city starts to feel the same after a while.

hindy111

Post Whore
c116c7bea59f7efd93cbd7ce33189698

She is ok

hindy111

Post Whore
Well I went on my first ever cruise a bout 3 years ago now with my girlfriend and it was actually a lot better then I had hoped for. We did the NZ and Aus land and sea package for 33 days I think it was. The sea part was from NZ to Aus Syd, Mel, Ade, Esperance and Peth. 17 Days on the boat I think.

Well we must of got lucky because the average age would of been in the late 50's-60's I think. I think we would have been closest to the youngest on that cruise. And it was almost child free, maybe 5 or 6 kids all up, well behaved and hardly ever saw them anyway. The conversations were brilliant at times, talking to retired doctors, lawyers, bankers, farmers, teachers, business owners, 90 yr old politician(very funny man) and even and old magician who thankfully restrained himself from doing his magic on the cruise.

But many on the cruise told us that the cruise and ship we were on, the Celbrity Solstice, was usually always for the mature and retiree types and the Carrabean ones were for the Bogans. Like I said, we had no clue, just lucky I guess and if you asked me would I do it again, the answer would be yes.

P.s. I worked with a fella who went on his first ever cruise at around the same time I went on mine and he had a blast. The people were around his age group, late 40's early fifties types and not Bogany. He loved it so much that he convinced a lady friend and her young boy to go with him and have a nice relaxing adventure on the high seas. Well apparently the boat was this time around, full of young and insane to party bogan louts. They were miserable. He had to fight the throngs of drinkers 10 deep at bars to get served, loud and obnoxious, kids running a muck, pools swamped with hundreds of over bearing pissheads. He said he was embarressed that he had convinced this woman to come along with her boy only to experience such a shitty time. He ended up spending the last 3 days in his cabin and she in hers. He came back miserable. So I suppose it can be very pot luck with these things depending on what you are looking for.

I never told you Ram. But I was the magician. Remember the night you fell asleep on the deck and woke up 2 days later? That was the magic trick.I made 2 days dissapear.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well I went on my first ever cruise a bout 3 years ago now with my girlfriend and it was actually a lot better then I had hoped for. We did the NZ and Aus land and sea package for 33 days I think it was. The sea part was from NZ to Aus Syd, Mel, Ade, Esperance and Peth. 17 Days on the boat I think.

Well we must of got lucky because the average age would of been in the late 50's-60's I think. I think we would have been closest to the youngest on that cruise. And it was almost child free, maybe 5 or 6 kids all up, well behaved and hardly ever saw them anyway. The conversations were brilliant at times, talking to retired doctors, lawyers, bankers, farmers, teachers, business owners, 90 yr old politician(very funny man) and even and old magician who thankfully restrained himself from doing his magic on the cruise.

But many on the cruise told us that the cruise and ship we were on, the Celbrity Solstice, was usually always for the mature and retiree types and the Carrabean ones were for the Bogans. Like I said, we had no clue, just lucky I guess and if you asked me would I do it again, the answer would be yes.

P.s. I worked with a fella who went on his first ever cruise at around the same time I went on mine and he had a blast. The people were around his age group, late 40's early fifties types and not Bogany. He loved it so much that he convinced a lady friend and her young boy to go with him and have a nice relaxing adventure on the high seas. Well apparently the boat was this time around, full of young and insane to party bogan louts. They were miserable. He had to fight the throngs of drinkers 10 deep at bars to get served, loud and obnoxious, kids running a muck, pools swamped with hundreds of over bearing pissheads. He said he was embarressed that he had convinced this woman to come along with her boy only to experience such a shitty time. He ended up spending the last 3 days in his cabin and she in hers. He came back miserable. So I suppose it can be very pot luck with these things depending on what you are looking for.

Mate, I was the same. Went on my first cruise 3 years ago.
I never had any intention of ever going on a cruise. It just didn't appeal to me whatsoever. Then, one day the missus came home from work and said "I've gone and done something crazy - I've just put a deposit on a cruise for the family." My first thought was "WTF!"
Then, when I thought about it more, I thought - why not?
It was a 13 day cruise through the Pacific (New Caledonia, Fiji then Vanuatu) Unfortunately, we didn't get to Fiji due to an approaching cyclone so we spent more days cruising at sea and visited more of Vanuatu.
Our ship - Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas, sailed from Brisbane.
I must say I was extraordinarily surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The ship was certainly boganafied.
Sailing out of Brisbane, this was always going to be a given.
Yet, I did not find it difficult to find peace and tranquility at any stage, nor did I find it difficult to keep myself occupied. From peaceful time reading a book in the ships library, to spending time in the ships adults only under cover pool area, to having a spa and sauna, to walking the ships decks, to mini-golf, bingo, Captains talks, movies on the pool deck at night, going for a cappuccino whenever I wanted, browsing the duty free store for a bargain, or just eating all the amazing food available at any time of day. Drink prices were completely acceptable (generally pub prices).
Or, just lazing on a deck staring at the incredible scenery at times, it truly was a wonderful holiday. More than I ever expected.
The onboard entertainment was cheesy, but we got to see a "Queen" show which was quite good. Also had a comedy night and a magicians night, the latter when my 13 y.o. was dragged up on stage in front of 1000 people and had the piss taken out of him, although he performed quite admirably himself and had the audience in stitches a couple of times.
Staff were amazing. Buffet food was endless in choice, and the evening meals were excellent with an amazing array of different menus over the course of the cruise.
I would do another cruise in a heartbeat.
For value for money, cruises are just about the best.

But then, maybe I'm just a bogan.

strider

Post Whore
Hindy likes the scarey ones that you dont know if they will have stolen all your shit when you wake up in the morning

hindy111

Post Whore
None of them compare to sussex inlet

Depends what you want from a holiday. If you like being pampered and fine dining sure go elsewhere. I am happy with a bbq, jump in the water in the backyard for a swim. Launch the boat from my jetty and go fishing. I find it relaxing.
I've done the backpacking thing in 20s. And travelled with a bigger budget later but I prefer simple.
However I do want to go India and Columbia again.

Last edited:

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Mate, I was the same. Went on my first cruise 3 years ago.
I never had any intention of ever going on a cruise. It just didn't appeal to me whatsoever. Then, one day the missus came home from work and said "I've gone and done something crazy - I've just put a deposit on a cruise for the family." My first thought was "WTF!"
Then, when I thought about it more, I thought - why not?
It was a 13 day cruise through the Pacific (New Caledonia, Fiji then Vanuatu) Unfortunately, we didn't get to Fiji due to an approaching cyclone so we spent more days cruising at sea and visited more of Vanuatu.
Our ship - Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas, sailed from Brisbane.
I must say I was extraordinarily surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The ship was certainly boganafied.
Sailing out of Brisbane, this was always going to be a given.
Yet, I did not find it difficult to find peace and tranquility at any stage, nor did I find it difficult to keep myself occupied. From peaceful time reading a book in the ships library, to spending time in the ships adults only under cover pool area, to having a spa and sauna, to walking the ships decks, to mini-golf, bingo, Captains talks, movies on the pool deck at night, going for a cappuccino whenever I wanted, browsing the duty free store for a bargain, or just eating all the amazing food available at any time of day. Drink prices were completely acceptable (generally pub prices).
Or, just lazing on a deck staring at the incredible scenery at times, it truly was a wonderful holiday. More than I ever expected.
The onboard entertainment was cheesy, but we got to see a "Queen" show which was quite good. Also had a comedy night and a magicians night, the latter when my 13 y.o. was dragged up on stage in front of 1000 people and had the piss taken out of him, although he performed quite admirably himself and had the audience in stitches a couple of times.
Staff were amazing. Buffet food was endless in choice, and the evening meals were excellent with an amazing array of different menus over the course of the cruise.
I would do another cruise in a heartbeat.
For value for money, cruises are just about the best.

But then, maybe I'm just a bogan.

I was on that one too. Been on plenty. Best was through the Panama Canal.