What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "MARK MY WORDS" thread 2019

_Johnsy

Referee
James Graham to retire before seasons end, or finish the year just (& only just holding onto a bench spot). He won't finish the season as a starter. I actually think he'll be lucky to hold onto a starting spot by 1/2 way point of the season. He looked very ineffective towards the back end of 2018.

Mark my words

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
James Graham to retire before seasons end, or finish the year just (& only just holding onto a bench spot). He won't finish the season as a starter. I actually think he'll be lucky to hold onto a starting spot by 1/2 way point of the season. He looked very ineffective towards the back end of 2018.

Mark my words
Astute observations.
The romantics in here will argue with you and say otherwise but you are very much on the money.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Widdop to play fullback
at the 1st Interchange Dufty will play fullback, Widdop to play half back, hunt move to hooker and Mcinness to have a 20 minute rest.

Mark my words.
Widdop to play fullback
at the 1st Interchange Dufty will play fullback, Widdop to play half back, hunt move to hooker and Mcinness to have a 20 minute rest.

Mark my words.
Hope your right but maths is not Marys strong point

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Widdop will get injured as he always does and Dufty will get more game time than people think. Widdop has never got through a season without an injury? Dufty has nothing to worry about as he will get time. If not and all 3 stay fit (Norman, Hunt and Widdop) then Dufty will be part of a Grand Final winning team. I just can't see all 3 halves staying fit though.You can throw McInness in as well as if he gets injured Hunt will move to 9 and Dufty to 1. Robson will get no game time and hence will move to the Titans. HE will be crazy not to.

Lomax will be an absolute star.

Norman will prove to be a good buy. He had no interest from other clubs bar Saints which would have made him realise how far down he has dropped in reputation hence put in a massive season to prove all wrong. If anyone can do it he can. On his day is as good as anyone. He will be on a mission to smash the Eels which is a game Saints always struggle to win.

Mary will continue to pick his origin players during the series and burn them out unless they get injured which will see the decline.

Sharks will find another way to embarrass themselves.

Saints will again pick the Dogs games to play rubbish and either get belted or scrape through with a dull gritty display. Giving us fans hell listening to them clowns carry on and say St Merge, chokers etc.

Brett Morris to have a screamer against the Dragons like he always does and make us realise how good he still is.

JDB to have a quieter year because of all the off fields stuff which will hurt the Saints. I hope Sims brothers make up for it with barnstorming displays.

denis preston

First Grade
1. McGregor to use Aitken/Lomax (right centre/wing) in attack and defence.

2. the Norms/Hunt halves combination to flop as it did at the Broncos.

3. as previously mentioned, Dufty won’t be playing in the NRL by year’s end

(He’ll go to the ESL)

4. both new wing recruits will languish in reserve grade for most, if not all the year.

5. Graham to announce his retirement.

6. Robson will demonstrate why he’s better than McInnes.

7. a lack of depth in the three quarters will hurt.

8. Nicholls to play his second NRL game aged 30, only to non inspire again.

9. JDB will miss most, if not all the year.

19. Saints will only just qualify for the semis on points differential alone; this will earn McGregor an unwarranted three-year extension.

11. the club will announce Frizell as the new 2020 captain.

12. WIN Corp. will continue to frustrate with its inability to promote the chance that’s so desperately required at Board level.

You must be a real joy to live with !! Glass half empty kind of guy are you ?

_Johnsy

Referee
Astute observations.
The romantics in here will argue with you and say otherwise but you are very much on the money.
If this comes off I’ll be 2 from 2 re: predictions over 22 odd years. 1996 as best as I can recall.

I went to watch us play Brisbane brothers/valleys ( not 100% sure who) in a trial & a very young Brent Kite was playing.I RemServ going home thinking that kid will play for Australia, I vaguely remember posting something along those lines then.

watatank

Coach

Mark my words

Hasnt been discussed much but agreed.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Jack will Miss a game, Friz will play lock and kill it, Tariq will shift to the right and score 2 tries on the outside of hunt. Jack will come back the following week and he and Frizz will continue to share lock runs and the right will die again.

We all know that the right can learn from the leadership and tactics shown on the left.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This scenario sounds very good and could work.
A fresher McInnes, and Duffman on a mission to blitz when he comes on.
I like it.

Sorry to burst your bubble ole mate.
It is indeed a very good idea but it requires the coach having a Plan B & C.
That said, l'm staying positive for the start of the new season and hoping all comes true.

RedVDave

First Grade
Ok the NRL GF will be a rematch between Melbourne & Roosters with the Storm winning and Cam Smith wining the CC medal and retiring thereafter.

Saints will have another season similar to our previous 2.

Tigers will unfortunately make the top 4 Manly will return to the top 8 Raiders will miss the 8 yet again.

Todd Greenberg will continue to run the game into the ground.

said NRL player will be involved in said incident and the "code will be in crisis"

Latest posts