What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "MARK MY WORDS" thread 2019

boardlumps62

Juniors
Hunt was playing injured. One swallow does not make a summer. We lost because our coach is too soft and does not make the hard decisions. Dufty needs to build up and get his game in order. Yes is running in broken play is tops but his defence, positional play, taking the high ball and attack in traffic all need work.
Duftyy needs to take some hormones that makes him taller stronger faster

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Titans smell blood in the water and will bury the dragons, they have two games against us coming up, Saints to take the wooden spoon

Reactions: Btk

Slackboy72

Coach
Dufty isn't a fullback. His positional play isn't up to scratch.
Norman has been great at fullback these last two weeks. We should keep him there.
Move Dufty to centre or wing. If he can't cope with that then I don't think he has a place in the team.

Paddles

Juniors
Norman has been great at fullback these last two weeks. We should keep him there.
Move Dufty to centre or wing. If he can't cope with that then I don't think he has a place in the team.

I agree about Dufty's positional play. I think this is a key deficiency that leads to many of his other failings. Opposition kicks find the grass all the time (except when they bomb to him but that's another story). And not only do they find the grass but he generally needs to run a fair distance to them. This lets the opposition chase get right onto him and drive him back. It compounds the initial error and hits his confidence.

Billy Slater is the same size as Dufty and similar speed. Opposition kicks never found the grass with Slater, and he was motoring by the time a chase came through. He was difficult to tackle and got the Storm on the front foot.

In sum: bad positional play leading to poor first tackles, fear of defending, and very shaky under the high ball. None of these weaknesses has been addressed all year. Poor kid needs a new coach or he'll find himself in England sometime in 2020.

slippery5

Juniors
I agree about Dufty's positional play. I think this is a key deficiency that leads to many of his other failings. Opposition kicks find the grass all the time (except when they bomb to him but that's another story). And not only do they find the grass but he generally needs to run a fair distance to them. This lets the opposition chase get right onto him and drive him back. It compounds the initial error and hits his confidence.

Billy Slater is the same size as Dufty and similar speed. Opposition kicks never found the grass with Slater, and he was motoring by the time a chase came through. He was difficult to tackle and got the Storm on the front foot.

In sum: bad positional play leading to poor first tackles, fear of defending, and very shaky under the high ball. None of these weaknesses has been addressed all year. Poor kid needs a new coach or he'll find himself in England sometime in 2020.
Comparing Dufty to Slater who as you say CAN tackle & CAN catch a ball is absurd, based on their size has nothing to do with it. He is a good park player who can score individual try's. England bound his best option.
Unfortunately these weaknesses cannot be addressed when you have this many flawed fundamentals.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Agreed...Dufty is more of an under 16s AFL player where it’s ok to knock the ball on and you get a point for trying.