What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

nontime111

Juniors
Saabs such a level headed positive can do fella and a GREAT natural athlete! so excited by this kid.....this year feels like the Golden era of the early 90s when we had Tallis, Mundine, Brownie, Stevens all coming through as SERIOUSLY talanted kids all at once!! HAPPY DAYS GO SAABY!!! GO DRAGONS!!!

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Saabs such a level headed positive can do fella and a GREAT natural athlete! so excited by this kid.....this year feels like the Golden era of the early 90s when we had Tallis, Mundine, Brownie, Stevens all coming through as SERIOUSLY talanted kids all at once!! HAPPY DAYS GO SAABY!!! GO DRAGONS!!!
Better replenish our supply of brown paper bags I say !!!!:D

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
6ft 6 100kg
Taller and heavier than any back in our 30.
Do you mean muscle, wouldnt want him being too much heavier.
he doesnt look to me to be that strong just looking at the video clip he looks too skinny no muscle definition in the legs , arms need more muscle, looks like he would get pushed around, he doesnt look ready for 1st grade for a few years as i said before 2021 at the earliest, will be interesting to see how he develops in 2019

BLM01

First Grade
He certainly is a good prospect and I believe young Coyne is as well. Would be greate to see them come through together.
Possm.....every day just that little bit you are becoming more and more positive about the team and the prospects for this year and beyond to the point of nearly excitement.
Be sure to pass your thoughts on to Basil.

possm

Coach
Possm.....every day just that little bit you are becoming more and more positive about the team and the prospects for this year and beyond to the point of nearly excitement.
Be sure to pass your thoughts on to Basil.

It's nice to read a little humour on here, it has been a loooooong off season and I am just itching to see if our new recruits will be selected and how they will fair.

I've always only wanted the best for SGI and believe people like Doust, the Youngs, the Millwards and Mary have dragged our club to the depths of under-performance on and off the field.

From a pathways and recruitment point of view, I have to say things have improved on previous years however, nothing has been done at SGI that any club recruitment officer could do in his spare time. At SGI I'm hoping for brilliance on and off the field.

Bring through a bunch of first stars ready for first grade.
Sign some big stars at a reasonable salary e.g. Tedesco for 700k plus TPA.
Be the best person for the job rather than the recipient of an old boys deal.

BLM01

First Grade
It's nice to read a little humour on here, it has been a loooooong off season and I am just itching to see if our new recruits will be selected and how they will fair.

I've always only wanted the best for SGI and believe people like Doust, the Youngs, the Millwards and Mary have dragged our club to the depths of under-performance on and off the field.

From a pathways and recruitment point of view, I have to say things have improved on previous years however, nothing has been done at SGI that any club recruitment officer could do in his spare time. At SGI I'm hoping for brilliance on and off the field.

Bring through a bunch of first stars ready for first grade.
Sign some big stars at a reasonable salary e.g. Tedesco for 700k plus TPA.
Be the best person for the job rather than the recipient of an old boys deal.
You are nearly there..keep going.:D
One thing you must remember Paragraph 2...you are correct.... but Basil himself, did not appoint himself.
And for the record. That Mulholland who is at Canberra and Manly recruitment guy who went to the Tigers..did no better, but they all inherited a mess, mainly Doust & Young running recruitment from 2012-2014

possm

Coach
You are nearly there..keep going.:D
One thing you must remember Paragraph 2...you are correct.... but Basil himself, did not appoint himself.
And for the record. That Mulholland who is at Canberra and Manly recruitment guy who went to the Tigers..did no better, but they all inherited a mess, mainly Doust & Young running recruitment from 2012-2014

You are right, Doust and Young created a really big MESS while they were in charge of recruitment and that is why there was great hope when Mullholland was appointed. Then deals were don by the factions of SGI between the Youngs and the Millwards and jobs such as, pathways / recruitment, assistant coach and to a lessor extent Illawarra's preference for Mary to remain coach in following years, were all backward steps that could have been avoided if correct policy and procedures were put in place and followed.

If positions were advertised widely and Millward and Young were found to be the best applicants for the job, there might have been some bad smell about such a decision but at least things would appear to be done properly.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
You are right, Doust and Young created a really big MESS while they were in charge of recruitment and that is why there was great hope when Mullholland was appointed. Then deals were don by the factions of SGI between the Youngs and the Millwards and jobs such as, pathways / recruitment, assistant coach and to a lessor extent Illawarra's preference for Mary to remain coach in following years, were all backward steps that could have been avoided if correct policy and procedures were put in place and followed.

If positions were advertised widely and Millward and Young were found to be the best applicants for the job, there might have been some bad smill about such a decision but at least things would appear to be done properly.
Remember this is only Basil's 3rd year in charge of the 30 word title that he now has.

Latest posts