What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba sacked by Cowboys

Is there a court case? If his mrs hasn’t reported it to the police or chooses not to press charges will they persue it?

I don't know Qld criminal law well enough to be able to answer that question. As to "reporting it", it happened in public and was caught on CCTV according to all reports.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Ummm, this is LU you f**king snowflake. He was just having a joke...nobody thinks the actual act is funny or acceptable.
Go back to crying about saving the whales or something.

Listen f**ker, you are the snowflake.

Wonder why players are assaulting women, because hero worshippers like yourself think it is fine and a joke can be made of it.

"Grab the old hag" and we wonder why these mentally challegned do it.

dogslife

Coach
$7mil education program: Don't beat the missus

2sldhk.jpg

AJB1102

First Grade
Related to 2013 preseason and what happened then I could imagine a scenario where a desperate Barba comes clean on what took place which would debunk the story Greenberg spun at the time(mental health issues, no alleged assault etc.).
Could get interesting.

We should crowd fund that

beave

Coach
Cows looking good here. Dealt with it quickly, beat the press, dodged a bullet

I was sceptical at first of his signing, he has form in a lot of departments but we did sign Rob Lui after the shit he did and as far as I know he was exemplary off the field when he went home to NQ so I was willing to back the club with him coming to NQ and turn his life around. He’s taken a massive shit on everyone involved at the Cowbs, they went out on a limb for him and this is the repayment we get.

I hope he can sort his life out, but I have my doubts. The whole family is known throughout the mackay area as being less than desirable. He had a great opportunity and has f**king blown it again.

carcharias

Immortal
I was sceptical at first of his signing, he has form in a lot of departments but we did sign Rob Lui after the shit he did and as far as I know he was exemplary off the field when he went home to NQ so I was willing to back the club with him coming to NQ and turn his life around. He’s taken a massive shit on everyone involved at the Cowbs, they went out on a limb for him and this is the repayment we get.

I hope he can sort his life out, but I have my doubts. The whole family is known throughout the mackay area as being less than desirable. He had a great opportunity and has f**king blown it again.

Mate
It is such a disaster.
The dude was so so bank able.
He had it all.
I hate to think of where this road goes for him.

Mick Benson

Juniors

Can’t disagree with this, but I feel like you’re not the first club to find this out

beave

Coach
Can’t disagree with this, but I feel like you’re not the first club to find this out

agreed. But I’d say we probably had to jump through the most hoops out of everyone to get him back on the field. I’m sure all the previous clubs tried to help him but he’s simply in the ‘too hard’ basket. If the reports and rumours are true, I hope his missus is alright, why the f**k would you stay with a bloke like
that I’ll never know. It’s not like
he will be earning much money into the future........

Mick Benson

Juniors
4 kids probably had a bit to do with it, but who knows where it goes from here. Hard to see him getting another contract now

carcharias

Immortal
agreed. But I’d say we probably had to jump through the most hoops out of everyone to get him back on the field. I’m sure all the previous clubs tried to help him but he’s simply in the ‘too hard’ basket. If the reports and rumours are true, I hope his missus is alright, why the f**k would you stay with a bloke like
that I’ll never know. It’s not like
he will be earning much money into the future........

Not knowing the story
I’d guess
She is fairly dependent on him.
It’s not like she can leave and suppythe kids herself.

Sad day for footy
And
Sad day for indigenous people.
They look up to blokes like this.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why does everyone blame the NRL and never have a go at the club's for signing these f**kwits. If the Cowboys prioritised the reputation of the themselves and the game they never would have even tried to sign him. Instead it has gone pear shaped and it is all the NRLs fault.

Reality is these arseholes damage the reputation of the game far more than their clubs. Clubs will always take the gamble.

some11

Referee
I hope he can sort his life out, but I have my doubts. The whole family is known throughout the mackay area as being less than desirable.
Some people are just destined to not learn from their mistakes.

Can't help people who don't want to help themselves. Hang around with enablers and it's even more difficult to admit that to yourself.

Exsilium

First Grade
The NRL has got to stop supporting the idea that players who commit such offences should be given an opportunity to rebuild their lives in the NRL system.

There’s plenty of good kids who don’t get an opportunity in the NRL. Stop giving f**kwits lifelines and start supporting the blokes that deserve it.

Zero tolerance is a must for DV, drugs or assault. No one will complain if a player got sent packing for beating their partner.

Whilst there is certainly going to be exceptions to any rule, If you believe the game has a value to the community, then you simply can’t be seen to support this shit.