What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can't see Brown being back at the Steelers and he's just going to refuse to go anywhere he doesn't want to go.

What a lovely painted corner this is.

shiznit

Coach
Jags absolutely cleaning house...

Interesting that they haven’t cut Bortles yet... I guess they won’t until the Foles deal is 100% done.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Steelers trade RT Marcus Gilbert to the Cardinals for a 6th.

I was hoping they'd move him along, saves cap money, only 1 year left, gets injured a fair bit (played 12 games over the last 2 seasons) and they have good depth at that spot.

shiznit

Coach
Sounding like the Raiders are close to getting it done... but 2 other teams are involved... one of them being the Titans.

So it probably means we’re bidding against ourselves again and we will end up giving a 1st rounder... :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

nick87

Coach
Sounding like the Raiders are close to getting it done... but 2 other teams are involved... one of them being the Titans.

So it probably means we’re bidding against ourselves again and we will end up giving a 1st rounder... :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

If the raiders give up a first for AB... hoo boy

shiznit

Coach
If the raiders give up a first for AB... hoo boy
I wasn’t against the idea of giving one of our 2 late firsts... As much as I love Coop... even at 31... AB is a MASSIVE upgrade from Coop... and we have the capital.

But that was before the Buffalo fiasco... now Ill be f**king FURIOUS if we give up a 1st.

I wouldn’t give up anything better than a 2nd and maybe a late rounder.

But I’m not holding my breath here...

zombie jesus

Staff member
Saw a good tweet earlier, can't find it now.

AB has gone from "bad culture" to "I just want to win" to "it's Ben's fault" to "I want to be the highest paid WR" since the season ended.

The true motives come out in the end.

Frederick

Staff member
Saw a good tweet earlier, can't find it now.

AB has gone from "bad culture" to "I just want to win" to "it's Ben's fault" to "I want to be the highest paid WR" since the season ended.

The true motives come out in the end.
Honestly cannot even begin to fathom why the need for all that f**king money. The fact that Bell gave up $14 million because he wanted $17 million...what's the f**king difference? (Don't say $3 million, obviously I know that). Even if Bell does get $17 million, he's going to have to earn it for at least 5 years just to make up for the 14 mill he gave up.

Bell and brown could have both been part of something special at the Steelers, and still got paid a merkinload to do so

kurt faulk

Coach

Brown just got a $19m signing bonus 2 years ago. He's due $15m this season. Hate how they use their salary to cry about being underpaid while completely ignoring their generous signing bonus. f**kwits.

shiznit

Coach

Brown just got a $19m signing bonus 2 years ago. He's due $15m this season. Hate how they use their salary to cry about being underpaid while completely ignoring their generous signing bonus. f**kwits.

Meh I don’t blame them TBH...

The fact that most of these contracts aren’t guaranteed when they play such a physical sport breeds this type of redo my deal type of attitude.

The NBA guarantees it’s deals and from what I see I don’t think you ever see NBA players threaten to hold out due to money midway through a contract.

They DO force trades to move to new teams as they are sick of losing... but it’s never about a new contract.

nick87

Coach
Boy the compensation isn’t much, is it?
Hard to blame the Steelers that was a tough spot to negotiate from

We’re gonna find out how good AB still is.

Latest posts