What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

zombie jesus

Staff member
Mark this down as a loss for Colbert, Tomlin, Rooney et al. Sets a precedent that hopefully doesn't become a trend. I'd keep an eye on Juju, he seems a genuinely nice dude but you never know, he loves the spotlight.

Brown played the situation well. Ends up where he wants, gets the money he wants and the Steelers get nothing near his on-field value in return and a $20m cap hit. I would have been happy if they had squeezed a 2nd rounder, but not much they could do I guess, Brown made sure of that.

Anyway, I'm glad this is all over.

shiznit

Coach
Mark this down as a loss for Colbert, Tomlin, Rooney et al. Sets a precedent that hopefully doesn't become a trend. I'd keep an eye on Juju, he seems a genuinely nice dude but you never know, he loves the spotlight.

Brown played the situation well. Ends up where he wants, gets the money he wants and the Steelers get nothing near his on-field value in return and a $20m cap hit. I would have been happy if they had squeezed a 2nd rounder, but not much they could do I guess, Brown made sure of that.

Anyway, I'm glad this is all over.
From a Raiders perspective I’m happy with the picks.

the contract is pretty big though... not as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

But I’m happy we didn’t get fleeced...

I’m not so sure AB really got what he wanted here... I don’t know if he truly knows what a f**king mess we are from owner, coach, gm and even where we are playing... be careful what you wish for...

nick87

Coach
I traded Brandin Cooks and a second round pick last year in about week 4 for Juju and Dj Moore in a dynasty league I’m in with some pals

Suffice to say I’m over joyed by this haha

Frederick

Staff member
Boy the compensation isn’t much, is it?
Hard to blame the Steelers that was a tough spot to negotiate from

We’re gonna find out how good AB still is.
I'm not worried. With our recent track record we'll draft a better WR with that 5th round pick

nick87

Coach
I'm not worried. With our recent track record we'll draft a better WR with that 5th round pick

I’d usually call hubris on this, but you can’t argue with the scoreboard

I’ll be very keen to see how this impacts James Conner who I don’t think is THAT good
Now it’s just Juju, so you can fully commit that 8th man in the box, instead of having them start there at the snap and go out

Combine with the departure of Manchuck. Could spell disaster. Or maybe Conner is a stud and Juju takes off and it’s just new triplets

Fascinating team to watch early imo

Frederick

Staff member
I’d usually call hubris on this, but you can’t argue with the scoreboard

I’ll be very keen to see how this impacts James Conner who I don’t think is THAT good
Now it’s just Juju, so you can fully commit that 8th man in the box, instead of having them start there at the snap and go out

Combine with the departure of Manchuck. Could spell disaster. Or maybe Conner is a stud and Juju takes off and it’s just new triplets

Fascinating team to watch early imo
We should be fine without munchak. His deputy has stepped into the role, and all our key O-line are wrapped up for the next few years, so it should continue to be one of the best units in the league.

Conner was a bit hot and cold last year, but I think he'll be better next year.

Juju is a stud, but needs Washington and Rogers to really step up now to take some heat off him

shiznit

Coach
Maaaan Cowboys fans are something else....

A work mate just starts blowing my phone up about now that the AB trade is done it’s confirmed the Cowboys spanked the Raiders...

I’m like... dude... We just traded Coop, a 3rd and a 5th for AB and a 1st...

I’d take that shit any day of the week...

Dude hasn’t replied... :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Steelers really screwed that trade, But it probably also shows much highly they value James Washington, and they will draft the next hines ward in the 5th or 6th anyway.

zombie jesus

Staff member
From a Raiders perspective I’m happy with the picks.

the contract is pretty big though... not as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

But I’m happy we didn’t get fleeced...

I’m not so sure AB really got what he wanted here... I don’t know if he truly knows what a f**king mess we are from owner, coach, gm and even where we are playing... be careful what you wish for...
He's the headline act for a high profile team and getting paid some more, he got what he wanted for now.

The only downside he didn't go for a first, he would have loved that.

shiznit

Coach
The only downside he didn't go for a first, he would have loved that.

TBH... I think he knew he wasn’t going for a first when he made a video calling himself mr big chest...

The only reason he didn’t go for a first was because he chose to act out... he tanked his draft stock and left the Steelers between a rock and hard place..

shiznit

Coach
And by good do you mean bad?

One or the other...

I still believe he’s a franchise guy...

I’ve given him a break due to the fact he hasn’t had much continuity with system in his career.

but this season we need to see him master this offense and make the type of jump he made in the only other season he’s had the same coordinator/system for consecutive seasons... the year he was an MVP candidate and took them to the play offs.

If he keeps regressing this season I think we might be tanking for Tua.

nick87

Coach
The Raiders are HUUUUURTING to be on Hard Knocks
They're stuck in OAK for one more year before going to LV,, they're going to have AB, Gruden, 3 first rounders, one of which might be a new franchise QB. still a shit ton of money to bring in free agents.

It's the lock of all locks, SURELY!

Latest posts