What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Eels

kinghippo

Juniors
The Roosters rarely get these things wrong. RTS might have won the Dally M but his side has made the finals once in 3 years and out first week. I'm willing to say Ferguson is past his best.

If they get 62% of possession again we'll be in for a tough afternoon.
Ferguson was close to the best in the game last year and at 28 he is hardly past it.
I am sure Roosters had their reasons to let him go, one of them would have been the addition of Ryan Hall, another world class player they can fit under the sombrero.
I agree about the percentage rate, if the refs are blowing that whistle like last year and we are the ones wearing it, it is going to be hard to beat anyone.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ferguson was close to the best in the game last year and at 28 he is hardly past it.
I am sure Roosters had their reasons to let him go, one of them would have been the addition of Ryan Hall, another world class player they can fit under the sombrero.
I agree about the percentage rate, if the refs are blowing that whistle like last year and we are the ones wearing it, it is going to be hard to beat anyone.

Poms are hit and miss though. Why go after a risky signing if you are entirely happy with Ferguson? So there has to be reasoning behind it

kinghippo

Juniors
Poms are hit and miss though. Why go after a risky signing if you are entirely happy with Ferguson? So there has to be reasoning behind it
I am sure there is, no doubt it something in his nature the Roosters don’t want at their club, doesn’t change the fact he is a good player.
Our wingers defence will need to be tight this week, sivo could cause some headaches as well if we are sloppy.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
If things don’t go our way we could finish with the spoon. There are few lock ins for the top eight but I don’t see us being one. There are probably a couple of sides who are guaranteed a spot in the eight and then there are a dozen or so who are all capable of making it if luck and a good run of fortune goes there way.

Wow... Have you seen the line ups of some of the squads?

For us to finish with the spoon, we would have had to been caught cheating the salary cap by about 10 million dollars..

Crashtest

Juniors

He left the Roosters because the Eels offered him a $1.5m 3 year deal, making him the highest paid winger in the NRL. Only a weak team like Parra would have the cap pace to spend that on a winger

Fangs

Coach
On the topic of the spoon, have to say Dogs>Eels in terms of chances. Dogs have the least talented roster by a fair margin. They are also undergoing the same process we did when Elliott left...not going to be pretty for them.

Fangs

Coach
On the subject of the Eels, its a rare occasion that players who sign with them actually improve. Its usually the place you go to kill your career. They have an enormous list of failed signings.

Fergo was brilliant in 2018. The toxicity of the Eels will most likely take him down a peg. Junior Paulo and Shaun Lane too unfortunately.

age.s

First Grade
Dunno. The Dogs showed some fight last year, more than I thought they would anyway. They seemed to get better when they lost that pillow Woods. I doubt they'll make the 8 but I could see them keeping their head above water.

Injuries and attitude are generally the biggest factors in who gets the spoon imo. I could see Manly breaking their duck.

Fangs

Coach

Brett Morris will be one of the signings of the year IMO. He will keep his position. Criminally underrated and moved on because of the Dogs cap situation.

franklin2323

Immortal
Brett Morris will be one of the signings of the year IMO. He will keep his position. Criminally underrated and moved on because of the Dogs cap situation.

All the teams that finished above us have made great signings. Should be a great year

MrBlack

Juniors
Dunno. The Dogs showed some fight last year, more than I thought they would anyway. They seemed to get better when they lost that pillow Woods. I doubt they'll make the 8 but I could see them keeping their head above water.

Injuries and attitude are generally the biggest factors in who gets the spoon imo. I could see Manly breaking their duck.

Pay can coach. They will roll it up the middle all year and score tries from kicks. Real roll of the dice stuff in attack.

Not a top 8 side, but one that may hurt you now and then.

Eels - genuine spoon team there. We only lose this weekend if were not up to it. If we turn up we win by plenty. They should have kept Norman and offloaded Moses.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Eels have no good forwards on their bench atm and the Dogs put Rhyse Martin in reserve grade because of their depth. Games are won and lost up the middle and the dogs have the better forward pack. Having an electric backline didn't stop the Eels from getting the spoon last year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Pay can coach. They will roll it up the middle all year and score tries from kicks. Real roll of the dice stuff in attack.

Not a top 8 side, but one that may hurt you now and then.

Eels - genuine spoon team there. We only lose this weekend if were not up to it. If we turn up we win by plenty. They should have kept Norman and offloaded Moses.

Roll it up the middle with who? Their best metre gainer is Aiden Tolman... and he has steadily become less effective each season for a few years now. RFM is next best with 110m per game. The rest are sub 100m a game. To

Klemmer averaged 181m per game and has been replaced with Dylan Napa who averages 78m per game.

Not sure why so many people rate their pack. Like any team they might have good days. But they're a long way from a Dogs of War pack like they used to have.

Someone is going to have to lift enormously to cover the loss of David Klemmer. I dont see how anyone thinks their halves are better either. Moses has been better than Foran the past 2 seasons and Brown/Lewis are both young and too early to separate. Just different shades of shit really.

For me Bulldogs had an average roster in 2018... and it got a shitload weaker losing the likes of Mbye, Woods, Klemmer, Jmoz and Bmoz. Probably wont get the spoon... but i dont think there's a weaker top 17 in the comp.

franklin2323

Immortal
Roll it up the middle with who? Their best metre gainer is Aiden Tolman... and he has steadily become less effective each season for a few years now. RFM is next best with 110m per game. The rest are sub 100m a game. To

Klemmer averaged 181m per game and has been replaced with Dylan Napa who averages 78m per game.

Not sure why so many people rate their pack. Like any team they might have good days. But they're a long way from a Dogs of War pack like they used to have.

Someone is going to have to lift enormously to cover the loss of David Klemmer. I dont see how anyone thinks their halves are better either. Moses has been better than Foran the past 2 seasons and Brown/Lewis are both young and too early to separate. Just different shades of shit really.

For me Bulldogs had an average roster in 2018... and it got a shitload weaker losing the likes of Mbye, Woods, Klemmer, Jmoz and Bmoz. Probably wont get the spoon... but i dont think there's a weaker top 17 in the comp.

Teams need more than 17 though. Manly have a good top 17 but average squad outside that.

Latest posts