What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Eels

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
On the subject of the Eels, its a rare occasion that players who sign with them actually improve. Its usually the place you go to kill your career. They have an enormous list of failed signings.

Fergo was brilliant in 2018. The toxicity of the Eels will most likely take him down a peg. Junior Paulo and Shaun Lane too unfortunately.
Eels need to sign competive players who always give a shit. Unreliable guys like Fergo, Lane and Paulo you can only count on to play well for a new contract and they've all got 3+ year contracts for the moment.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Egan can't play 80 mins yet. So will be Luai
You sure he can't? Maybe he hasn't been given the chance to. Almost all the hookers who can't play 80 effectively are big stocky guys like Granville, Katoa and Havilli. Only reason he shouldn't be able to is if he's a lazy trainer considering he's small.

franklin2323

Immortal
You sure he can't? Maybe he hasn't been given the chance to. Almost all the hookers who can't play 80 effectively are big stocky guys like Granville, Katoa and Havilli. Only reason he shouldn't be able to is if he's a lazy trainer considering he's small.

I haven't seen him play a full game even in NSW Cup. IMO you need the cover just incase

mxlegend99

Referee
Going to be a lot of rain over the next week. 20-40mm forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Given how well we did in the rain vs Souths it might benefit us more than Eels. But we wont see much attack on display.

TheFrog

Coach
Egan can't play 80 mins yet. So will be Luai
I've got a feeling Egan played the full 80 against the Warriors last season in R24 but unable to check NRL site which won't load up.

Edit: Confirmed that he played 80.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I've got a feeling Egan played the full 80 against the Warriors last season in R24 but unable to check NRL site which won't load up.

Edit: Confirmed that he played 80.

May spent plenty of time in hooker too. Say we only play Egan and he goes off HIA?

franklin2323

Immortal
Going to be a lot of rain over the next week. 20-40mm forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Given how well we did in the rain vs Souths it might benefit us more than Eels. But we wont see much attack on display.

Well it says possible showers. Monday and Tues is fine so hopefully that means it will be dry for the game and Penrith surface is good. So might not be one of those shocking wet game. Still damp ball means bash up. Our kicking game is better so should help

Fangs

Coach
Eels need to sign competive players who always give a shit. Unreliable guys like Fergo, Lane and Paulo you can only count on to play well for a new contract and they've all got 3+ year contracts for the moment.

I do think they may have tried that. The club culture is just extremely toxic. Board level says it all, always infighting and then pulling shit like cheating the cap to get a result.

More than happy to see them relocated. Western Sydney Panthers doesn't sound too bad at all.

MrBlack

Juniors
I do think they may have tried that. The club culture is just extremely toxic. Board level says it all, always infighting and then pulling shit like cheating the cap to get a result.

More than happy to see them relocated. Western Sydney Panthers doesn't sound too bad at all.

Moses is the player they should have been able to build a team around. Unfortunately he hasn't stepped up enough.

I think Ferguson will be ok for them, but he cant do it all on his own.

TheFrog

Coach
That is just silly. Wait till Roosters fans see it. Dean must be wondering what he has to do.

Not really, leadership group of 6, game day captain James Maloney has been mentioned in the press

It seems like it’s going to be a different game day captain each week, that’s the bad part.

As frog mentioned, too many chiefs, not enough Indians..