What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd3: Parramatta v Roosters LIVE GAME DAY thread 29th March 2019

Glenneel

Bench
Except for the errors that cost us dearly at the end generally we played a good controlled game, maybe a little too controlled. In the last 15mins the Roosters showed us how a good team wins games. Part of that is class, the other is the combinations they have built up. Something we are only beginning our journey on. This time next year we'll be better, much better.

Some observations on our players.
Gutho, the energiser bunny, needs to look at Turbo Tom's game and try to emulate him. TT so impressive in attack and kick starting the attack.
Sivo played his best game, maybe Ferguson had a few words to him, but he ran much more strongly than previously and rewarded with 2 tries. We need to structure our attack better to get our big, fast wingers into open space which we've hardly done so far.
Taka and Mennings, both had quiet games imo but Taka just made too many errors. I'd have Salmon in his place next week.
Dyl Brown will learn a lot from this game and improve because of it.
Terepo needs to be in the team, ran strongly and defended well.
Lane and Nuikore both looked gassed towards end of game. BA give them a break to recover!
Alvaro, sorry but you have to lose weight, I'd say 3-4kg. Just not the same player, was an average player before now less than average.
Evans, improved performance but just can't warm to him. Just doesn't bend the line, goes down like he is shot when tackled.
Kaufusi, what a strong performance. Great attack really bending the line and hits hard in defence. Needs to develop an offload but must be in the team.

Next week up against the Sharkies. They really dismantled the Cowboys and the combination of Townsend, Johnson and Moylan really starting to work. We'll need to be very good to beat them so we'll need our best team in to do that. Salmon, Terepo and Kaufusi must be ins. If Moeroa fit I'd have him at prop and drop Alvaro to reggies until he improves.

Kornstar

Coach
Good enough to be an automatic selection in Origin. Even when your club side is running last.

Yep, that is how i would class it too.

Look Gutherson defense was rubbish last night. I would consider French a better defender at this stage ok. There where 4 tries scored yesterday and Gutherson efforts garbage. If French was fullback and chruned that ribish out he gets drilled on here. But cause its King Guth it goes unoticed.

I think your teams woes and the fact that Gus has shit the bed is really affecting you.

I think you really need to look at the game again and see where the problem actually was in the defence for those tries.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Evans, improved performance but just can't warm to him.
That's because you've decided he is the scapegoat.
Just doesn't bend the line, goes down like he is shot when tackled.
He made 122 metres from 12 hit ups ffs.
Kaufusi, what a strong performance. Great attack really bending the line and hits hard in defence. Needs to develop an offload but must be in the team.
He already has an offload, but using it effectively requires confidence and good decision making. He's only a teenager, and the offload will come. I reckon he will be our best forward within a few years. Or some other club's.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, that is how i would class it too.

I think your teams woes and the fact that Gus has shit the bed is really affecting you.

I think you really need to look at the game again and see where the problem actually was in the defence for those tries.

His attack was great. His last effort defense was poor. A guy like Dugan or Hayne or Slater saves 1 or 2 of those tries. It is an area he can work on that is for sure.
Bevan for a small guy has great last ditch defense. Pulls of some gems. Gutherson id sign up and make priority. But what is wrong pointing out areas he needs or can improve on? Its what can make him better.

hindy111

Post Whore
That's because you've decided he is the scapegoat.

He made 122 metres from 12 hit ups ffs.

He already has an offload, but using it effectively requires confidence and good decision making. He's only a teenager, and the offload will come. I reckon he will be our best forward within a few years. Or some other club's.

Evans drove hard and has great leg speed and acceleration. Like Terepo. People say he doesnt bend line or stops dead. I reckon that is better then wrestling and pushing forward half a meter and chewing up 5+ seconds before ball is played. All it achieves is the defense tonget set to belt the next guy about to take a run. Fairly sure our first try come off Terepo charge and a quick play the ball which had defense on backfoot. And the second was when Jnr did the same thing.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Evans, improved performance but just can't warm to him. Just doesn't bend the line, goes down like he is shot when tackled.

Not sure that’s correct.

On Friday he made 41 post contact metres, the best of our forwards and only Ferguson (51) made more. Only 2 roosters made more Crichton - 56m and Taukeiaho 46m.

EelsFan05

Bench
Evans drove hard and has great leg speed and acceleration. Like Terepo. People say he doesnt bend line or stops dead. I reckon that is better then wrestling and pushing forward half a meter and chewing up 5+ seconds before ball is played. All it achieves is the defense tonget set to belt the next guy about to take a run. Fairly sure our first try come off Terepo charge and a quick play the ball which had defense on backfoot. And the second was when Jnr did the same thing.
Exactly. Evans go isn't consistantly breaking the line. So his job is to commit defenders, hit the line, get down and up and play the ball quickly.

Kornstar

Coach
His attack was great. His last effort defense was poor. A guy like Dugan or Hayne or Slater saves 1 or 2 of those tries. It is an area he can work on that is for sure.
Bevan for a small guy has great last ditch defense. Pulls of some gems. Gutherson id sign up and make priority. But what is wrong pointing out areas he needs or can improve on? Its what can make him better.

This is a more sensible response, your last one basically blamed him for the loss......of course he can improve, every player can even the great James Tedesco has f**ked up plenty, it just helps that he has a very good team behind him and a very strong club with plenty of "perks" around to make it nicer for you to play there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This is a more sensible response, your last one basically blamed him for the loss......of course he can improve, every player can even the great James Tedesco has f**ked up plenty, it just helps that he has a very good team behind him and a very strong club with plenty of "perks" around to make it nicer for you to play there.
Sivo stepped inside Tedesco like he wasn't there.

Kornstar

Coach
I am thinking Alvaro's biggest problem isn't his extra weight but the late loss of Tepai to also be there to defend in the middle.

Watching him on Friday night, he looked like he couldn’t run properly, especially when he took the hit up off a drop out, if he was a horse they’d shoot him!

Gazzamatta

Coach
I Alvaro's decline in the very first trial. Its obviously the extra weight which I also think has made him a little harder to defend. On the other hand we have Mannah excelling with the extra weight. Maybe swap this pair around?

Latest posts