What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW Going bust ?

VictoryFC

Bench
Dont have anything to say about this, cos I dont care about women's sport, but thought it was a good opportunity to post this rant from a while back about the WNBA.

You wont regret it:

Mr Spock!

Referee
1.5 million per team on a quality less than sg ball.

Theres money well spent.

Would be better spent on juniors and regional league.

Makes as much cents as womens bbl which is as interesting as watching junior cricket.

kbw

Bench
There was no 1.5 million dollars spent per team.
But the women's side of the game is growing where the male side is not

Billythekid

First Grade
Women’s sport is a huge growth area and sports not embracing it will be left behind. The NRL of all sports has so much to gain, our reputation of being a sport that treats women poorly is in the spotlight more than ever. There is no better time to embrace the women’s game.

Whilst articles led are being posted about whether we’ll even hold a comp the AFLW is drawing 50K+ people to its GF (don’t care if it’s free) and continues to expand whilst garnering a ton of goodwill.

Not only can the women’s game be a potential extra source of revenue it also generally improves the reputations of the sport.

Dont have anything to say about this, cos I dont care about women's sport, but thought it was a good opportunity to post this rant from a while back about the WNBA.

You wont regret it:

I did regret it. The guys a dickhead and the attempt at humour in that video was just plain awful.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
When are we making a trans league? That’s a growing market so I think it’s bigoted if we don’t expand into it.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Women’s sport is a huge growth area and sports not embracing it will be left behind. The NRL of all sports has so much to gain, our reputation of being a sport that treats women poorly is in the spotlight more than ever. There is no better time to embrace the women’s game.

Whilst articles led are being posted about whether we’ll even hold a comp the AFLW is drawing 50K+ people to its GF (don’t care if it’s free) and continues to expand whilst garnering a ton of goodwill.

Not only can the women’s game be a potential extra source of revenue it also generally improves the reputations of the sport.

I did regret it. The guys a dickhead and the attempt at humour in that video was just plain awful.
Nah....

Just like I don't care about men's netball.

Probably a huge growth area though. :rolleyes:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good story in the same week the AFLW gets over 50k to the GF! With the abundance of riches the NRL has it is incredulous they cant find $4mill a year for an 8 team comp. We are so half arsed in everything we do in RL!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nah....

Just like I don't care about men's netball.

Probably a huge growth area though. :rolleyes:

Probably isn't, where as womens RL is a proven massive growth area. If we are not careful we will end up being the only sports code without a top tier womens comp. and that would be just plain embarrassing.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Probably isn't, where as womens RL is a proven massive growth area. If we are not careful we will end up being the only sports code without a top tier womens comp. and that would be just plain embarrassing.
Nah....

The women's comp is a joke. 4 teams of park footballers playing four weeks a year.

As for top tier it reminds me of the wbbl game I watched where there were like 3 people there.

kbw

Bench
Its not just 4 weeks a year. All these players are playing the NSW or QLD Cup competitions and the standard of these competitions are getting better and better.

siv

First Grade
Its not just 4 weeks a year. All these players are playing the NSW or QLD Cup competitions and the standard of these competitions are getting better and better.

But Easts and St George Illawarra are not represented in the NSW-W comp ?

I only saw a few in the Cronulla team. Seems a lot have gone missing

kbw

Bench
But Easts and St George Illawarra are not represented in the NSW-W comp ?

I only saw a few in the Cronulla team. Seems a lot have gone missing

what sort of response is that ?
Was I talking teams or players ?
The players are spread throughout various teams in those competitions as well as some NZ players playing in their comp
There are no feeder teams in the NSW/QLD cup comps for the WNRL the players are spread across the teams in those comps (and the Illarawara comp)

siv

First Grade
what sort of response is that ?
Was I talking teams or players ?
The players are spread throughout various teams in those competitions as well as some NZ players playing in their comp
There are no feeder teams in the NSW/QLD cup comps for the WNRL the players are spread across the teams in those comps (and the Illarawara comp)

Looking forward to how NRLW will prepare players for SOO-W

siv

First Grade
NRL announced they have reduced their central contracts by more than 50% in 2019

Cost cutting continues

kbw

Bench
NRL announced they have reduced their central contracts by more than 50% in 2019

Cost cutting continues

Not cost cutting as they are spending the same amount of money but on less players.
There were several of the top 40 that retired but its really not good enough

Latest posts