What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I’ve purchased shares in a torch factory.

Should be good to retire by round 12.

WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif
You reckon we'll be fried cactus by round 12

WepnutV

Juniors
I can't agree with what you say. St George in the past were a very successful club, even more successful than Melbourne. Are you suggesting we cheated our way to those 11 successive premierships? Did we cheat our way to 2 minor championships and a grand final under Bennett or to two premierships under Harry Bath? To me this would be a ridiculous assertion.

It is all about having a top line administration focussed on success on and off the field. Melbourne has that in spades and even though they cheated their way though for a few years, and paid the price for that, they still remain competitive each season.

times have changed since we won 11 straight and no i dont think we cheated. bennett done a great job and then left us in a mess. price couldnet get us out of that mess but since getting the sack millward and mcgregor have done a wonderfull job getting us out of the mess.. .. cam smith is a huge reason they are as consistent as they are.. he is also the reason queensland dominated SOO for so long, i rate him better than andrew johns.. melbourne are a one state team haveing the same luxuries brisbane had in the 90s but without the pressure.. Dragons have seen better days but on track to winning another comp under Mcgregor.

71saintsimon

Juniors
Watching manly beat soufff only made me think the importance of a proper first grade coach a real deal mentor and to think des Hasler was available but this shonky management refused to let go of there love child who has achieved nothing in 6 yrs the funny thing is they wil resign him after yet another debacle year and blame injury to key personnel for failure , yet Craig Bellamy has made grand finals without Cronk without slater and continues to be a successful coach without neither player , sack that dragons board for signing duds to coach the team sack them all

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Watching manly beat soufff only made me think the importance of a proper first grade coach a real deal mentor and to think des Hasler was available but this shonky management refused to let go of there love child who has achieved nothing in 6 yrs the funny thing is they wil resign him after yet another debacle year and blame injury to key personnel for failure , yet Craig Bellamy has made grand finals without Cronk without slater and continues to be a successful coach without neither player , sack that dragons board for signing duds to coach the team sack them all
Yes there's definitely coruption going on for their own end

LINESPEED

Juniors
Yes there's definitely coruption going on for their own end

Yep
Snouts in a Dunedoo trough eh Brian?

Your trotters are all over this coaching debacle

And you’ll own Waterboy if you extend him

And he’ll bring you down, just like he brought down Pedro

Your future in the hands of a clown?

Last edited:

possm

Coach
times have changed since we won 11 straight and no i dont think we cheated. bennett done a great job and then left us in a mess. price couldnet get us out of that mess but since getting the sack millward and mcgregor have done a wonderfull job getting us out of the mess.. .. cam smith is a huge reason they are as consistent as they are.. he is also the reason queensland dominated SOO for so long, i rate him better than andrew johns.. melbourne are a one state team haveing the same luxuries brisbane had in the 90s but without the pressure.. Dragons have seen better days but on track to winning another comp under Mcgregor.
I respect the right for all members of our forum to put their view and so I respect your opinion as put in your post however, you fail to grab hold of the real reason our team failed post Bennett:
  • Bennett wanted a five year deal but Doust offered him only 3 years to win a premiership. So Bennett took the express train and won the grand final in two years.
  • Doust and the Board appointed Price, a rookie when coaches Robinson and Maguire were available at the time.
  • Mary has received two extensions but not even won a minor premiership or a grand final. It is unbelievable we only offer Bennett 3 years and he succeeds then offer Mary 6 years with a further extension about to be announced with nothing to show at all.
  • Millward was only appointed to his Directors Pathways/Recruitment/Retension position because it was discovered Mary could not do that part of the head coach job and because the old boys of the Illawarra faction wanted a well paid job for Millward.

WepnutV

Juniors
Now this.....this......is delusional
No, delusional is haveing unrealistic expectations. i dont expect us to win the comp. But i think we will, that thinking is based on facts.. offcourse alot needs to go our way and alot of tough teams to get past. but we have the team and depth to go all the way. mary proved last yeat he can get us up in big games..

WepnutV

Juniors
I respect the right for all members of our forum to put their view and so I respect your opinion as put in your post however, you fail to grab hold of the real reason our team failed post Bennett:
  • Bennett wanted a five year deal but Doust offered him only 3 years to win a premiership. So Bennett took the express train and won the grand final in two years.
  • Doust and the Board appointed Price, a rookie when coaches Robinson and Maguire were available at the time.
  • Mary has received two extensions but not even won a minor premiership or a grand final. It is unbelievable we only offer Bennett 3 years and he succeeds then offer Mary 6 years with a further extension about to be announced with nothing to show at all.
  • Millward was only appointed to his Directors Pathways/Recruitment/Retension position because it was discovered Mary could not do that part of the head coach job and because the old boys of the Illawarra faction wanted a well paid job for Millward.
First point wrong, second point wrong, third point right but then added more fiction to make it wrong, fourth point wrong.. all opinion or media based properganda. good on ya mate

possm

Coach
First point wrong, second point wrong, third point right but then added more fiction to make it wrong, fourth point wrong.. all opinion or media based properganda. good on ya mate
Not much substance to your reply however, I will leave it for others to judge.

Latest posts