What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes NFL career

VirgilTracy

Juniors
I hope he fails spectacularly and comes back to the NRL. As with Hayne, there is zero upside for the NRL from star players making it in other sports and massive downside in terms of causing other players to leave. Not to mention leaving his club in the lurch at short notice.

I'm still waiting for the nonsensical upside promised from Hayne's NFL journey (TV, extra fans, magic beans, whatever).

kdalymc

Bench
whats this mean then

"As part of the International Player Pathway Program, Holmes will join the Jets’ practice squad via an international player exemption, and won’t be eligible to play during the regular season."

T-Boon

Coach
To me Valentine Holmes was always a poor mans Karmichael Hunt. Remember that guy?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
whats this mean then

"As part of the International Player Pathway Program, Holmes will join the Jets’ practice squad via an international player exemption, and won’t be eligible to play during the regular season."
If he does not make the initial 53 man roster, that is his fate.

Not there yet, will know August/September.

GongPanther

Referee
whats this mean then

They stay on a practice squad. They are NEVER called in to play. I wish all the media outlets would emphasize this point instead of carrying on as if he is going to be an actual starter.

Last Week

Bench
He is exempt from taking up a spot if he's on the practice squad. If he's called up to the 53 man squad, he will count and won't be exempt.

gUt

Coach
I hope he fails spectacularly and comes back to the NRL. As with Hayne, there is zero upside for the NRL from star players making it in other sports and massive downside in terms of causing other players to leave. Not to mention leaving his club in the lurch at short notice.

I'm still waiting for the nonsensical upside promised from Hayne's NFL journey (TV, extra fans, magic beans, whatever).

League players have been pinched from TGG by the lesser codes for ages. We always produce more.

Pedge1971

First Grade
If Valentine Holmes makes the 53 man squad, and actually plays, I will be watching him and barracking for the NY Jets.

The main thing Val should avoid is raping any women, or even biting their beavers, while in the USA.

Advice from personal experience Albert?

Asking for my friend J....

Springs09

Juniors

But the NFL commentators mentioned Australia and rugby a few times, causing a hundred rugby league clubs to spring up in san franshitsco overnight and thousands of Americans came to Australia to support the eels.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
But the NFL commentators mentioned Australia and rugby a few times, causing a hundred rugby league clubs to spring up in san franshitsco overnight and thousands of Americans came to Australia to support the eels.
Yep, when the USA win the league world cup in the near future it can all be drawn back to the very moment hayne ben hunted a punt live on american television