What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Harry Kane on MBE: ‘It’s hard to put it into words’
@SpursOfficial

Fri 28 December 2018, 22:3

Harry Kane has spoken of his pride after being awarded an MBE in the Queen’s New Year Honours list.

It’s the latest chapter in the incredible story of the local lad from Walthamstow who had to do it the hard way before becoming one of the Club’s greatest-ever goalscorers, captaining England at the World Cup and winning the Golden Boot as the Three Lions reached the semi-finals in Russia – all by the age of 25.

His story reads like a footballing film script. Joining our Academy in July, 2009, Harry made his first team debut in 2011 but was loaned out to Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich and Leicester before getting his first run in the team at the end of the 2013/14 season.

After scoring goals in the Europa League and League Cup at the start of 2014/15, new manager Mauricio Pochettino promoted Harry to a starting role in the first team.

Since then, he’s twice won the Premier League’s Golden Boot (2015/16, 2016/17), been named PFA Young Player of the Year (2015) and selected in the PFA’s Premier League Team of the Year every season as we’ve finished fifth, third, second and third.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...y-kane-on-mbe-it-s-hard-to-put-it-into-words/

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
f**ked if I know how the hell we keep winning with our broken disjointed squad that we have.

Poch is a f**king miracle worker. How the hell anyone could make a player out of Sissoko I really dont know.

TruSaint

Referee
What a second half.

52024237_10156677914783880_9198832066899214336_n.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
great win but another costly injury, Harry Winks is our only central midfielder and looks like he's injured his hip again

I guess thats what happens when you play every f**king game for 90 mins, he's the only CM we have

I think our only option is Ali dropping back to CM but he wont be up for 90 mins as he is still injured and f**k me Danny Rose is not a CM, it just shows the desperation in our shallow squad

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't mind Foyth as a DM but we already have Sissy and Dyer. Its hard to believe a top 4 club only has one PL quality CM in its squad and he's just a kid.

TruSaint

Referee
QF's in the CL, hanging on to 3rd spot in the PL..
Yes, we have faulted lately against Burley and Chelscum, but we're still 3rd.

Dembele gone, looks like we may lose Christian, I hope we make some astute acquisitions this summer.
Overall, its been a very good season.

2 massive games in the PL away to Pool and City.. Would love to jag a point or 3 in either game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not convinced we'll lose Eriksen, RM dont have the appeal they once did and seem to be focusing on Hazard, not to mention the fact that Levy has priced him at 225 Euros.

TruSaint

Referee
Not convinced we'll lose Eriksen, RM dont have the appeal they once did and seem to be focusing on Hazard, not to mention the fact that Levy has priced him at 225 Euros.

You may be right mate. Only suggesting we "may" lose him based on months of spec. Didnt know about the figure you quoted, but wow.

He has been down on form of late, but i still rate him highly. Keeping the core of kane, Dele, Christian, Son and co. would be awesome. Out of interest, do think Toby will stay ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You may be right mate. Only suggesting we "may" lose him based on months of spec. Didnt know about the figure you quoted, but wow.

He has been down on form of late, but i still rate him highly. Keeping the core of kane, Dele, Christian, Son and co. would be awesome. Out of interest, do think Toby will stay ?

Toby has let his contract run down so he is a free agent at the end of the season so he will go to whom ever offers him the highers wages. He was ready to sign an extension at the end of last season but his agent was his old man who talked him into looking for a higher wage. He has since singed new agent and the teams that showed interest in him being RM and ManU have dropped off since Jose left and he is now 30 years old.

We offered him something like 150K a week and his old man said he could get 200K a week elsewhere but the interest has waned. I think he will see what happens but we already have his replacement lined up as as usual with Poch the guy is about 20 years old.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mauricio Pochettino given two-game touchline ban for improper conduct
  • Spurs manager rowed with referee Mike Dean on the pitch
  • Pochettino has also been fined £10,000
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...n-two-game-touchline-ban-for-improper-conduct

I think that was from a week ago, he should have head butted the f**kwit.

Of the 16 games in recent times that we have lost, 9 of them were games that he officiated. Some of the blatant "mistakes" he made in the Burnley game were so obvious he has been demoted to the championship.

hellteam

First Grade
Toby has let his contract run down so he is a free agent at the end of the season so he will go to whom ever offers him the highers wages. He was ready to sign an extension at the end of last season but his agent was his old man who talked him into looking for a higher wage. He has since singed new agent and the teams that showed interest in him being RM and ManU have dropped off since Jose left and he is now 30 years old.

We offered him something like 150K a week and his old man said he could get 200K a week elsewhere but the interest has waned. I think he will see what happens but we already have his replacement lined up as as usual with Poch the guy is about 20 years old.

Pretty sure we triggered the 12 month extension offer, meaning he's with us until after next season?

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/january/club-exercises-toby-contract-option/

Could still sell him I guess. But looks like we want him to stay

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure we triggered the 12 month extension offer, meaning he's with us until after next season?

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/january/club-exercises-toby-contract-option/

Could still sell him I guess. But looks like we want him to stay

we sure did but if he stays till the end he walks, if we sell him at the end of this season then at least we get something for him and we all know how Levy works.

the longer this goes on the more likely it is he will stay because we made him a standing offer of 150K a week and he can sign it at any time but his old man wanted 200K, not sure where its at atm but I'm sure all will be revealed at the end of this season

I cant see him getting 200K a week at the age of 32

cb4

First Grade
What has happened to you lot? Wheels well and truly fallen off in recent weeks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What has happened to you lot? Wheels well and truly fallen off in recent weeks.

we just dont have the depth to be able to rotate, so we basically play the same 13 or 14 players all season long as well as the friendlies and our players dont get managed like other squads not to mention our only central midfielder is currently injured so we try to make do, they looked OK last night but in the last few games we looked tired and interpreted

we have 1 striker and 1 CM in the club

2 windows with no transfers is costing us big time right now