What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes NFL career

big hit!

Bench
I think he was assigned to the Jets technically. The 4 international pathways players were allocated to the AFC East clubs this year - Jets, Pats, Bills, Fish.

Great city, great opportunity, shit club

gerg

Juniors
To me Valentine Holmes was always a poor mans Karmichael Hunt. Remember that guy?

Who could forget? Always willing to give all the credit to his teammates after finding the white line.

On Holmes, he certainly picked the right franchise to chase that Super bowl dream. The Jets have been on the cusp of victory for 40 years now.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you cant make it at the Jets you aren't making it anywhere! Probably a good idea to start at the bottom.

They stay on a practice squad. They are NEVER called in to play. I wish all the media outlets would emphasize this point instead of carrying on as if he is going to be an actual starter.

Just shut the f**k up idiot.

You know shyte about the NFL.

When players get injured NFL teams do sign up practise squad players to play. And they PLAY!

Val if he doesn’t make the 53 man squad will be on the practise squad and because he is on the International program he won’t be allowed to play because he is an extra to the usual practise squad.

But he’ll make the roster and a lot of jealous farkers here will be made to eat shyte.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Meh - he'll be back in the NRL in 2020. I think that is the thing that sh!ts me most with code hoppers.

The NRL is the wife that let's him come back home once things don't work out with their mistress. It just sends the message to all other players that it's ok to walk out on RL because you can always come back.

It's not a good look for the game that we are always the code to lose players to other sports. It is also usually our star players which compounds the issue.

gUt

Coach
players have every right to make as much money as they think they can (aka "chase a dream") and the NRL would be making a huge error by standing in their way.

I think it highlights that RL produces the best, most versatile all-round contact sport athletes in the world.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I hope he fails spectacularly and comes back to the NRL. As with Hayne, there is zero upside for the NRL from star players making it in other sports and massive downside in terms of causing other players to leave. Not to mention leaving his club in the lurch at short notice.

I'm still waiting for the nonsensical upside promised from Hayne's NFL journey (TV, extra fans, magic beans, whatever).

You sound like a fun person....

Latest posts