What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

nöyd

Staff member
Ok I've just watched the trailer probably 10 ten times in a row, and every time I physically teared up hearing that iconic laugh at the end.

Please don't be disappointing like the last one.

Please.

Timbo

Staff member
Ok I've just watched the trailer probably 10 ten times in a row, and every time I physically teared up hearing that iconic laugh at the end.

Please don't be disappointing like the last one.

Please.

Is it implying that he’s alive somehow and pulling strings behind the scenes?

The last one made me extremely angry in how bad and nonsensical it was. I sincerely hope this is better.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Is it implying that he’s alive somehow and pulling strings behind the scenes?

The last one made me extremely angry in how bad and nonsensical it was. I sincerely hope this is better.

Well Darth Maul survived being thrown down an endless hole.

I take it, from the title, that Luke isn't dead?

Silent Knight

First Grade
Not going to the cinema to watch this. If there are good reviews here from people who hated TLJ I’ll watch it on another medium. If there’s even a sniff of Hollywood social justice bullsh*t I won’t even bother.

Generalzod

Immortal
I was excited to see another Star Wars film on the big screen the Force Awakens great title for a Star Wars film than I saw the film it was more like the Farce Awakens

Last Week

Bench
The Force Awakens was OK. And it was good as a reintroduction to Star Wars for a new generation, whilst not disrespecting the past.

The Last Jedi just completely shat on everything we loved about the original trilogy. It killed the last living character anyone cared about, for shock value.

This movie is going to have to back track something shocking to try and win back its lost fans. The ones that gave value to the franchise in the first place.

And its already blatantly clear how they're going to do it. By appealing to nostalgia by bringing back iconic characters that have already been killed off. A shame it's come to this.

Storm13

Juniors
Not watching this at the cinema at all. Shows what a complete f**k up this trilogy was as soon as JJ came back for this movie.

Episode 7 was a pass (just) and 8 was a complete f**k you. Lando in this movie is another f**k you, as we couldn't be f**ked to bring back all the characters you loved back all at once in a meaningful sendoff.

I still await the Mandalorian trailer. They went for a white supremacy race for the Mandalorians in the Clone Wars, so ill be interesting how this character fits into that narrative.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not going to the cinema to watch this. If there are good reviews here from people who hated TLJ I’ll watch it on another medium. If there’s even a sniff of Hollywood social justice bullsh*t I won’t even bother.

Meh Hollywood social justice was the least of the last installment’s problems. Try rubbish scriptwriting and shit characterisation.

Generalzod

Immortal
Well if you can go by the heading The rise of Skywalker you can come to the conclusion that Luke will return or Mary Sue is Luke’s Skywalker’s daughter take your pick

Mr Spock!

Referee
There really is no excuse for the shithouse stories in these new star wars movies.

There are so many good stories in the comics and Splinter of the Minds Eye I must have read 10 times when I was a kid.

Would love to see this made into a movie..I have it here somewhere about zombie stormtroopers. Star wars horror--
Death Troopers - the movie.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Death_Troopers