What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAVALAWA speed freek or bulldozer

Life's Good

Coach
Ravalawa - speed freak, bulldozer but mostly a genuine heart attack player.
He just looks like he doesn’t want to be wherever the ball is. I posted elsewhere he legit looked surprised to take that kick instead of just pinning his ears back.
A stint in reserves must be close so he can build some confidence.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
He just looks like he doesn’t want to be wherever the ball is. I posted elsewhere he legit looked surprised to take that kick instead of just pinning his ears back.
sorry mate MARY hasnt met the reserves coach , and probably never will

Brutalitops

Juniors
Thank f**k some posters here aren't involved with team selections. The whole makeup of the team would chop and change every week over reactionary shit. Mary certainly pushes too far the other way sometimes but there is merit in allowing your players to have a bad game or two to build character in firsts before "playing their last game for the club" lol

slippery5

Juniors
Rav is... Shit let's be honest. Yeah I'm pumped for the win, but any winger can fall over the line like he did tonight, and he very nearly f**ked that up too...
He's not particularly strong, he'd prob get outpaced by flo and his hands are f**king atrocious! And that footwork he'd shown he possesses in that Knights trial has been non existent since.
Why continue with this Rav nonsense when we have a goalkicking Ferrari warming the bench!
That try against a reserve grade Nights at the time was scored from the slowest stepping winger in our club history & was laughable.
Actually thats probably why he scored it because they stood their looking at how slow he was.

gitano

Juniors
Thank f**k some posters here aren't involved with team selections. The whole makeup of the team would chop and change every week over reactionary shit. Mary certainly pushes too far the other way sometimes but there is merit in allowing your players to have a bad game or two to build character in firsts before "playing their last game for the club" lol
A lot of low footy IQ activity around these parts.

I'm here for a laugh mostly.

gitano

Juniors
So did Rav but we need Lomax for the kicking, that almost cost us tonight & will cost us wins in the future, Mc'Noidea will not move Aitken so Lomax to right wing.
Why would he move Aitken? The only place suggesting it is this Cloud Cuckoo land called the Dragons LU forum.

He's in our top 3 most weeks

epDragon62

First Grade
Why would he move Aitken? The only place suggesting it is this Cloud Cuckoo land called the Dragons LU forum.

Yawn...

Your consistent and blind support for Aitken is tiresome.

That said, he isn’t making it as easy as I expected for Mary to put Lomax in his spot. However, Lomax is plainly a better overall player for our team.

possm

Coach
Hey Crush, I generally like your comments and insight mate, but I think this is unfair.
Mika had a great game the week before, not tonight. Have to expect this, the point is still “do we continue to bet on the improvement and the con site cy which comes with more experience?”

On Periera, yeah he made one mistake, BUT he had a great game at times and I would say it was overall a good game for him, best winger on the park.
The Dragons were the better side tonight but the score was much closer mainly because of our goal kicking and Hasler's astute instruction to exploit the defence on the right edge. Aitken is often caught mid-field leaving his winger way out there on his pat Malone. There should be a plan for when Aitken is out of position because this happens often.

possm

Coach
Ravalawa has the build to make a very good first grade winger. Now that he has been tested, he should be sent to Canterbury Cup to smooth out the rough edges.

It is time for Pearson to be tested in first grade.

gitano

Juniors
The Dragons were the better side tonight but the score was much closer mainly because of our goal kicking and Hasler's astute instruction to exploit the defence on the right edge. Aitken is often caught mid-field leaving his winger way out there on his pat Malone. There should be a plan for when Aitken is out of position because this happens often.
You see what you want to see.

The right edge was absolutely rock solid. The Parker try was only due to Aitken making the previous tackle. It was a 1 on 1 miss from Friz. The only other try was up main street due to a lucky offload.

18to87

First Grade
You see what you want to see.

The right edge was absolutely rock solid. The Parker try was only due to Aitken making the previous tackle. It was a 1 on 1 miss from Friz. The only other try was up main street due to a lucky offload.
It's rock solid when there is a lack of class on the other side. Next week will be interesting...

hazzbeen

Bench
I thought Dufty was good last night.
He looked safe and comfortable under the high ball and was threatening when he ran.
He'll always cop a bit of rag dolling because he's a little bloke.
He needs to stay away from the sideline as much as possible when returning kicks , and he will be OK ....

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
As others have said, Ravalawa may have scored the match winner last night but overall, he was terrible.

Hie simply cannot catch a kick to save himself.

Although not ideal, Lomax must replace him,

j0nesy

Bench
Some of his returns, particularly in the first half, were amazing. But he tired as the game went on. He defended ok the few times he needed to make a tackle and positioned himself wel in defence. His finishing is pretty good and he jagged that try at the end. However he is still a massive liability under the high ball. I’d be dropping him for Lomax or Pearson.

slippery5

Juniors

And your opinion is in the top 3 cuckoo land.
Anyway seeing him with ice on his hammy in the victory song gives me hope their maybe a footy god & Frank Facer may get his wish. But then again we know Mc'Noidea doesn't believe in resting busted players in such a short turnaround !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!