What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAVALAWA speed freek or bulldozer

possm

Coach
I'd prefer two wingers that can jump and contest a bomb from Hunt or Norman. This attacking option happens a lot more than the runaway try.

Unfortunately our wingers/centres don't seem to know when we are putting up the bomb and we rarely compete in the air near the try line. Mary give then a quick maths class and after 5 tackles expect the bomb to go up! or l;ook at the ref and if he/she raises their arm, get ready to sprint.
Yes, jump and contest the high ball, yes bring the ball back out of our red zone, yes have a good sense of positional play, yes have good hands and yes HAVE SPEED.

nontime111

Juniors
Pereira isn't young. He has been playing great but I don't think he has any more upside to his game. If he can maintain this level for a few years, that will be great. As long as it doesn't come down to an Aitken-Lomax situation where one guy performing relatively well is keeping a guy with much more potential who is ready for NRL now on the bench or in the ISP.

I would like to see Ravalawa get into the clear to see how fast he really is. He runs hard and took a few really good bombs against his taller Bullgrubs opposite last week. Seems to have tremendous potential.
I didnt say hes young, I said hes new to the game.. no probs though great comment...

Frank Facer

First Grade
Dugan a winger now.
Speedster or bulldozer?
750K dump truck.

I was thinking tonight how stupid Cronulla must feel paying Dugan 700 to 750K a season, especially now that they have Xerri coming through and how they let Ramien go last year as well.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I was thinking tonight how stupid Cronulla must feel paying Dugan 700 to 750K a season, especially now that they have Xerri coming through and how they let Ramien go last year as well.
I recall you were saying 13 years ago how Dugan would never work out as a winger..

Crush

Coach
Pretty sure that was all Flanno who is no longer at the club.
I think Dugans career is over now, he won't see out his 4 year contract at sharks if he keeps playing the way he is. The sharks fans have absolutely turned on him, he is their new pomeroy.

possm

Coach
Tufua plays left so he will line up against our right side Rava
Hasler will make sure of it. Watch how our right edge is exposed against Manly. But it really doesn't matter does it; Mary has his extension so the pressure is off.

possm

Coach
Ravalawa is on minimum wage
Really has nothing to do with it. We should be playing first grade ready players in our 13. OK to develop in Canterbury Cup and bring them into first grade now and again until they are ready to play in the 13 full time.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Really has nothing to do with it. We should be playing first grade ready players in our 13. OK to develop in Canterbury Cup and bring them into first grade now and again until they are ready to play in the 13 full time.
Ravalawa has demonstrated incremental improvement over the opening 5 rounds, culminating in a fantastic performance last week. He is currently our best right wing option

possm

Coach
Ravalawa has demonstrated incremental improvement over the opening 5 rounds, culminating in a fantastic performance last week. He is currently our best right wing option
Maybe you will have more to say about this after the Manly game on Saturday.

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
Maybe you will have more to day about this after the Manly game on Saturday.
Maybe, but I'm also not the guy to demand someone is dropped after one, even hypothetical, bad performance.

He hasn't played a bad game for a few weeks now. Even his bad ones in the opening rounds he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Crush

Coach
I was comparing Dugan to Ravalawa as wingers. Its relevant that Dugan is on 750K and Ravalawa is on minimum wage. It's very relevant.
And BTW, I'd take Ravalawa over Dugan.

Glenn012

Juniors
Maybe you will have more to say about this after the Manly game on Saturday.
I don't know what has gotten into you in regard to this guy. He was never that bad. Made a few mistakes but ran hard, made good metres. Recently he has been making still more metres and cutting mistakes to zero. I know there have been issues with the defence on that side but if you were going to pin that on one guy, surely it would be Aitken.
I know it looked like Hunt ran away from him last week but I think you will find Ravalawa slowed way down because he was in danger of running into pursuing Grubs and likely giving away a penalty. He did exactly the right thing.

Latest posts