What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAVALAWA speed freek or bulldozer

possm

Coach
It sounds like you hope Rav has a shocker on Saturday Poss !
No, not at all. If you read my posts from before the trials I was pumped that we bought him. At the time I was relying on statements made by Millward. Now I have seen what he can do and also can see that he is improving each game.

I'd like to see Pearson get a run and see how he performs.

The right edge is an Aitken problem, whether it be instructions from Mary or just an urge Aitken has to run up and in to cut off play. The problem is that he often misses his target and leaves a big mess that the likes of Dufty and Rava can't clean up.

Against the Dogs, Aitken did not run up out of the line but did miss-read his opposite number in defence a couple of times. Luckily the Dogs stuffed things up - they had a very poor day.

I've said all along Aitken to utility and Lomax to right centre.

denis preston

First Grade
No, not at all. If you read my posts from before the trials I was pumped that we bought him. At the time I was relying on statements made by Millward. Now I have seen what he can do and also can see that he is improving each game.

The right edge is an Aitken problem, whether it be instructions from Mary or just an urge Aitken has to run up and in to cut off play. The problem is that he often misses his target and leaves a big mess that the likes of Dufty and Rava can't clean up.

Against the Dogs, Aitken did not run up out of the line but did miss-read his opposite number in defence a couple of times. Luckily the Dogs stuffed things up - they had a very poor day.

I agree.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Im not into bagging old players. Good luck to him fore getting paid what he's getting paid even though they are over paying him to much good luck to him. He did his best for us most of the time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Lol.
He caught a pass with no defender in front of him 10 meters from the try line and put it down without dropping it.
What an achievement.

He was one of only a few Cronulla players who looked as though they would trouble the scoreboard.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Dugan had a terrible game one lucky try doesn't make up for his mistakes .......

I think you’re being a little harsh there. By no means was Dugan magnificent, but he did make a few damaging runs while suffering from reported “gastro”.

He went ok despite playing on the wing, which is not the best position for him.

SnowDragon

Juniors

Said it before, young, raw, inexperienced... he WILL have some poor games, some shockers too... and he still may not make it... but his positional play and defence is improving...as is his ability under the high ball...

So the question is, do we continue to bet on him? A few weeks past I was very unsure, even if I wanted to see more time... the last few weeks have me believing!

I have no idea on Pearson, but I think he needs to bide his time to an opportunity arises, and push with solid performances in reserves. Lomax will get his chance too :)

Crush

Coach
Ravalawa had an absolute shocker tonight. He looked like a deer in headlights whenever the ball was kicked to him.
And the other winger Pereria wasnt any better.
Ohh, and Lafai should never kick for the dragons ever again.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Ravalawa had an absolute shocker tonight. He looked like a deer in headlights whenever the ball was kicked to him.
And the other winger Pereria wasnt any better.
Ohh, and Lafai should never kick for the dragons ever again.

Hey Crush, I generally like your comments and insight mate, but I think this is unfair.
Mika had a great game the week before, not tonight. Have to expect this, the point is still “do we continue to bet on the improvement and the con site cy which comes with more experience?”

On Periera, yeah he made one mistake, BUT he had a great game at times and I would say it was overall a good game for him, best winger on the park.

j0nesy

Bench
Hey Crush, I generally like your comments and insight mate, but I think this is unfair.
Mika had a great game the week before, not tonight. Have to expect this, the point is still “do we continue to bet on the improvement and the con site cy which comes with more experience?”

On Periera, yeah he made one mistake, BUT he had a great game at times and I would say it was overall a good game for him, best winger on the park.

Actually he made two mistakes. But otherwise, agree, he had an excellent game. As someone else said his mistakes seemed to inspire him and even fire him up.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Rav is... Shit let's be honest. Yeah I'm pumped for the win, but any winger can fall over the line like he did tonight, and he very nearly f**ked that up too...
He's not particularly strong, he'd prob get outpaced by flo and his hands are f**king atrocious! And that footwork he'd shown he possesses in that Knights trial has been non existent since.
Why continue with this Rav nonsense when we have a goalkicking Ferrari warming the bench!

Last edited:

Crush

Coach

Hey mate, dont get me wrong, I have said from the start that we need a bit of patience with Ravalawa but he took a big step backwards tonight. I can handle the odd fumble but tonight he wanted nothing to do with those high balls.
He needs to be much better because he now has a target on his back and will get bomb after bomb after bomb from opposition kickers.