What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
I’ve got a feeling Arthur is pretty much gone. Part of Gutherson’s contractural silly buggers is trying to pressure the club to re-sign his mate Arthur.

You’d think the club would of re-signed him once we got 4-2 from 6. There seems to be a reason why they’re holding off. It doesn’t make sense.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I’ve got a feeling Arthur is pretty much gone. Part of Gutherson’s contractural silly buggers is trying to pressure the club to re-sign his mate Arthur.
Yep. Thats the way im reading it Poo. If thats the case I really hope they find a gig for him in the organisation. Hes B&G to the core and the players love him.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
You’d think the club would of re-signed him once we got 4-2 from 6. There seems to be a reason why they’re holding off. It doesn’t make sense.
How much clearer could they be? They said we'll look at it in June, and they're sticking to it.
I feel like our club is trying to wrest back some control of recruitment from the media and player managers, who clearly think they run the game. It's not pretty, but for better or worse they are sticking to their guns.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
Yep. Thats the way im reading it Poo. If thats the case I really hope they find a gig for him in the organisation. Hes B&G to the core and the players love him.
I don't see him staying to take up a lesser role at the club. If he's not head coach, he'll walk away IMO. Weird thing is, even though we're only 7 rounds in coming off a spoon season last year, his stocks have risen compared to where they were a little while back.

IFR33K

Coach
How much clearer could they be? They said we'll look at it in June, and they're sticking to it.
I feel like our club is trying to wrest back some control of recruitment from the media and player managers, who clearly think they run the game. It's not pretty, but for better or worse they are sticking to their guns.

Since there June comment, they’ve come out and said they fast track things with BA. We’re now in May, as a fan id like some clarity, before we jeopardise another season. Surely they’ll have some idea in which direction they’re travelling. If they’re hellbent on waiting till June, it could be disastrous. And why June, why not August?

Since there June comment, they’ve come out and said they fast track things with BA. We’re now in May, as a fan id like some clarity, before we jeopardise another season. Surely they’ll have some idea in which direction they’re travelling. If they’re hellbent on waiting till June, it could be disastrous. And why June, why not August?

That's not what they said. They said that it may be brought forward...presumably on the basis of continuing winning results.

“One thing I can tell you is the deadline won’t be pushed out, but it may be brought forward,” Eels chairman Sean McElduff told the Herald.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ee...ff-contract-coach-arthur-20190423-p51gle.html

What if we lose the next 3 games? I hope we don't but you can understand why the club wan't some longer term evidence of improvement before committing again. It's not as if BA is likely to be head-hunted for 2020.

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
Most sense I've heard on the topic.

emjaycee

Coach
It moved from end of June to start of June and BA is happy with that timeline.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Its all a bit weird though. 5 years and we dont know but 4 more games and we will? I suppose they have to put a line in the sand somewhere. I reckon our performances versus Canberra and Newy and our last 20 minutes of The Chooks games have probably hurt his cause more than the big win over The Tigpies has helped.
I also think if BA is not to be retained the timing of that announcment might turn the teams effort to shit. They say timing is everything .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’d think the club would of re-signed him once we got 4-2 from 6.
No I expected the club would know that six games means f**k all. You can look at it as a 67% win rate but the reality is it’s a 50% win rate +/- one win.

If we’re still hovering around 50% by mid year will we keep him? I’d say we should, but the club has a fair bit of info that I don’t have.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't see him staying to take up a lesser role at the club. If he's not head coach, he'll walk away IMO. Weird thing is, even though we're only 7 rounds in coming off a spoon season last year, his stocks have risen compared to where they were a little while back.
I think plenty of unemployed head coaches would be happy with a job as an assistant, especially those who haven’t had a long career earning big money.

The question is whether he could do it at Parra without his presence being a disruption.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think plenty of unemployed head coaches would be happy with a job as an assistant, especially those who haven’t had a long career earning big money.

The question is whether he could do it at Parra without his presence being a disruption.
If Gurr goes they might all shuffle up one position.

strider

Post Whore
I actually think it’s a bad sign for us. If he weren’t interested, he’d say nothing. By saying this, I think it indicates they are interested but they also don’t want to be dragged into bidding war. If media bullshitted about one offer, what’s to stop them from bullshitting our counter offer to Manly, and so on
Absolutely 100%

Parra fans read what parra fans wanna hear