What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 9: Parramatta v Storm LIVE GAME DAY Thread 11th May 2019

Bazal

Post Whore
So
Jnr 11 runs for 74 meters 6.72
Alvaro 9 for 57 meters - 6.3 LOL
Terepo 9 for 83 meters - 9.2 per run
Tepai 6 for 55 - 8.3
Mannah 2 for 15 - 7.5
Kafusi - 6 for 57 - 9.5
Manu 11 for 91 - 8.27

Let's drop Terepo he is the f**king problem it's so clear.

And defensive stats?

Including Terepo letting in a try by refusing to get off his line....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Alvaro is a hand back up or toilet at best. People need to stop overating this bloke. He has been rubbish all year and should be dropped for Stone. Let him drop some weight and get back to some form. This season he is junk.
Consistently has our best work rate in defence.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith, near Werrington.

It's a nice house - built October, 2018.

I'm glad it's over - buying a house is stressful!

If need any easy jobs let know. I dont like getting in roofs but if case of swapping single gpo for a double or adding ones back to back or side by side happy to help.....
Congrats btw.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And defensive stats?

Including Terepo letting in a try by refusing to get off his line....
Tackles per minute (minutes)
1.00 Kaufusi (22)
0.75 Alvaro (53)
0.75 Terepo (44)
0.74 Moeroa (42)
0.57 Mannah (21)
0.48 Paulo (48)
0.42 Mahoney (60)

Bazal

Post Whore
Terepo is average. I admit that.
Alvaro is below average.

He's an above average defender. And until this season an average FG level metre eater. He hasn't suddenly become shit

Terepo is below average. Always had been. Geta the basics wrong time after time

hindy111

Post Whore
Consistently has our best work rate in defence.

Sure but his attack is so far below NRL standards. We need to upgrade prop. If it means Terepo and Alvaro are 18th and 19th men so be it. I said this 10x
Mannah and Alvaro should not be in same team. One or other

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's an above average defender. And until this season an average FG level metre eater. He hasn't suddenly become shit

Terepo is below average. Always had been. Geta the basics wrong time after time
Both players are average. They have their strengths and weaknesses.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure but his attack is so far below NRL standards. We need to upgrade prop. If it means Terepo and Alvaro are 18th and 19th men so be it. I said this 10x
Mannah and Alvaro should not be in same team. One or other
The thing about weak attacking players is that you can just give more runs to better attackers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If need any easy jobs let know. I dont like getting in roofs but if case of swapping single gpo for a double or adding ones back to back or side by side happy to help.....
Congrats btw.

Thanks, man.

Good luck with your house sale.

IFR33K

Coach
How atrocious is our kick chase? Saints last week and now Storm have scored long range tries from our kicks. Sooooo fundamental. Absolute basic skill of the game.

So the million dollar question is, if they’re getting the fundamentals wrong, or not showing urgency, is it the players or coaching staffs fault?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So the million dollar question is, if they’re getting the fundamentals wrong, or not showing urgency, is it the players or coaching staffs fault?
It is definitely the players' fault. The question is whether it is also the coach's fault.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am not writing this season off. The squad is good enough to give it a shake still.
For that to happen we do need a 5/8. D.Brown back hopefully or someone else gets a chance.( W.Smith )

Taka is capable at times but certainly a spot worth upgrading. To hot and cold
- Salmon deserves first crack.

N.Brown will be a huge boost as well.

TheParraboy

Staff member
How atrocious is our kick chase? Saints last week and now Storm have scored long range tries from our kicks. Sooooo fundamental. Absolute basic skill of the game.

This started the rot for us for mine (along with stupid errors - am looking at you Taka)
Their kicking game was sublime, particularly pinning us in our own 20. Moses long kicks were poor. Add poor chase to the equation, then we get our asses handed to us on a platter