What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We took a potential play maker out of our backline and placed him at dummy half. I don’t care if gutho does his best work from there, it was a ludicrous decision. Maybe it’s the reason gutho was missing tackles towards the end of the match. He was probably gassed from the work he did at dummy half.

Of course him starting Mahoney on the bench was a problem. Because there wasn’t a genuine hooker to take his starting spot!!!!
How was Gutherson working any harder at dummy half? He wasn't in two places at once.

If anyone was working harder in attack it was Moses, and the little merkin thrived. He set up two tries on the left side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We have an 80 minute hooker.

If you think we don’t, why is this the first time BA has used this brain fart of a tactic, when we haven’t carried a second dummy half on the bench?
Because he knew our middle would be targeted, and Mahoney is still a weak link in defence. Did you see how few tackles he attempted despite playing only sixty minutes? More minutes from him would have been worse, not better.

T-Boon

Coach
Quote from Bernie

“The reality is [Eels general manager of football] Mark O’Neill and [Gutherson’s manager] Sam Ayoub have continued their dialogue, they met today, but there is no deadline,” Gurr said.

“The negotiations will continue because there is no deadline. We have continually told Sam and Clint we want him to stay at the club — we want Gutho at the Eels. He’s the captain, he’s a popular member of our club, so nothing has changed there.”

One thing that has changed is that Gutherson is a lot less popular with the fan base (or at least me).
5 weeks ago he was my favourite player and a must retain, now I basically hope he moves on because if we sign him the media narrative is going to be that the club caved which then will mean these grub agents will do the same next time in the media.
The only way he could change my opinion of him now would be if he did a press conference with the club to announce his signing and basically put everything out there. How much he signed for, who won the negotiations battle, his regret about the stories etc.

Glenneel

Bench
FMD. How were we travelling just before we got busted cheating in 2016 ? How did we go at the tail end of 2016 and then 2017 ? 2018 was a dogs breakfast, but he has restored some steel in 2019. Tidy up inconsistencies and you have a top 8 side. You cannot deny that. Facts matter merkin.
You keep believing in the facts that matter to you, my facts are that he has made the finals ONCE for ZERO wins. If that's not the most relevant fact than I don't know what is. And if you think BA will win the big one just keep dreaming.

Now we've got 2 more years of inconsistency ahead of us, 2 years of highs and lows, 2 more years of mediocrity and 2 more years of disappointment at the end of the season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You keep believing in the facts that matter to you, my facts are that he has made the finals ONCE for ZERO wins. If that's not the most relevant fact than I don't know what is. And if you think BA will win the big one just keep dreaming.

Now we've got 2 more years of inconsistency ahead of us, 2 years of highs and lows, 2 more years of mediocrity and 2 more years of disappointment at the end of the season.
Ricky Stuart won a premiership at the Roosters and a wooden spoon at Parra. Don't overstate the influence of a coach.

Glenneel

Bench
:joy::joy::joy: restored some steel???

We just got beat by 54 points, we are the same mentally weak team we have always been under him. Sure we have jagged some good wins but it’s just further proof the comp is uneven and as poor as it’s ever been.
Think he was referring to steel just out of the furnace.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Was going to post the DWZ article... but it's already done. Can't be worse at centre than Taka is, I'd like to see him come across to us.

IFR33K

Coach
How was Gutherson working any harder at dummy half? He wasn't in two places at once.

If anyone was working harder in attack it was Moses, and the little merkin thrived. He set up two tries on the left side.

I’m not sure mate, running behind every play to get into position sounds easy.

Glenneel

Bench
FMD it astounds me how some of you merkins function day to day. If we are winning life is good. We get randomly thumped by the best NRL club for two decades and you're after any merkin's head that has ever worked for the club.

They is no grey for you merkins, it's either black or white. Contentment or pathological rage.
Its not only getting flogged its the way we played from the first moment of the match, As someone said previously we are mentally weak when the pressure is applied and fold easily. That is not the measure of a team coached well. Good teams get flogged occasionally but never have 50-60 points against them and always fight hard. Our fight on Saturday stayed in the dressing room and this happens too much to our team under BA.

Glenneel

Bench
We are as good a chance with BA as any other middle of the road coach.

Honestly can you see us winning a comp with Justin Holbrook and the continuation of off field mismanagement?

Given where we sit on the basket case scale, can you honestly see us winning within the next three seasons regardless of coach?

We have deeper problems that need addressing. It really is that simple.
Talk about a split personally. You've just defended BA ad nausium? and now you're calling the club a basket case. Wtf?

Gronk

Staff member

I'm hearing you mate. Probably best you take a sabbatical from the Club until 2023 and maybe then they will have the staff in place that meets to your satisfaction.

Glenneel

Bench
Yep thats a more than reasonable clause to include for a coach who has had minimal/limited success, whilst keeping in mind the basket case the club was in for a large period of his current employment with the club.

He now has the support he needs, a roster he has built, relative stability in the back office and plenty of players off contract if he wants a roster overhaul.

There is absolutely no excuses for not achieving consistent top 8 finishes.

He was lucky to get extended with the results he has produced so far and I can’t see there being too many other employment opportunities for him to use during negotiations. let’s hope the club is holding a get out of jail free card if it turns out the results Arthur has produced so far are the limit to his capabilities.
With BA in charge expect most of those off contract to be re-signed.

Glenneel

Bench
There were unsubstantiated reports that BA was on 1 million per year. Id be surprised if hes on anywhere near that with this new contract. Maybe bonuses built in for finals wins etc. I also reckon there would be kpi's he needs to achieve. 50% win record would have to be a minimum I would hope. This contract would be much tighter. Now days contracts mean shit. If this season deteoriates anything is possible and so it should. To all the wrist slashers out there id suggest BA will still need to perform or else. Repeats of Saturdays performance wont save BA contract or not.
Unfortunately I'm not confident with this weekend, worried it will also result in another flogging.

emjaycee

Coach
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

You been drinking the Poo cool-aid my friend.

Fan expectation is our clubs problem? Now I've heard it all. Imagine how sh*t house Man United must be with all their "FAN EXPECTATION". Wow how the hell can they cope with so much pressure from them dirty, rotten, nasty fans? Clubs should just tell their fans to just p*ss the f**k off! Damn them, How dare they ever want or expect success.
Until February 2017 the fans ran the Club through the process of regular elections of a board that like anyone who is popularly elected into a position of power, would do anything to keep that power. And like anyone running for elected office, the candidates continuously claimed premiership under their watch if they were elected.

If anyone was drinking Kool Aid it was the fans/members who kept changing the Board at every opportunity from 2008 onwards.

Penrith Panthers’ DWZ responds to rumours
linking him with shock Parramatta Eels switch

PANTHERS

ffdd2274b0d061f36d4d4e1b2625c383

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak of the PanthersSource: Getty Images
Penrith Panthers outside back Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has spoken for the first time about rumours linking him to a move to the Parramatta Eels.

The New Zealand native, who last year was made captain of his national side, has been part of a Panthers side which have struggled in the early part of the season.

Over the weekend, reports emerged that Watene-Zelezniak was a target for the Eels as part of a mid-season raid on the Panthers.

But speaking to the Fox League Podcast, the 23-year-old admitted his surprise at the speculation and said he was happy at the Panthers.

“I woke up that morning and I was like: ‘wow’ I have no idea about this. It’s pretty weird but all I know is I’m signed here for two years.

“That was my biggest fear. It was the first time I have been in that position. I have been reassured that I’ve got two years here and I’m happy and I’ll be doing everything I can to do my best for those two years.

“You never know what happens, football’s a weird sport, things can happen just like that.

I had family messaging me saying: ‘is this true?’ All I know is it’s all words and rumour at the moment.”

Watene-Zelezniak was quick to shoot down the notion that it might have been a little bit of agent talk which fired the rumour mill into overdrive, saying he has a close bond with his manger Tyran Smith.

“My manager’s like a family friend, he’s been amazing for me,” he said. “I know whatever he does is in the interest of my family and wife and kids. But he said just to be focused on football and do your thing. I trust my kids with him, he’s family to us.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/d697ba1f077e62c43eb1f99140c00069
Surely this is a contender for least convincing denial of the year. It almost sounds like the deal is done.

Latest posts