What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Not sure if someone posted this last night. CBFd looking.

Quote from Bernie

“The reality is [Eels general manager of football] Mark O’Neill and [Gutherson’s manager] Sam Ayoub have continued their dialogue, they met today, but there is no deadline,” Gurr said.

“The negotiations will continue because there is no deadline. We have continually told Sam and Clint we want him to stay at the club — we want Gutho at the Eels. He’s the captain, he’s a popular member of our club, so nothing has changed there.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/469d4e63a416c6f426b0804665b0e853

Happy MEel

First Grade
With RCG seemingly out of favour (and form) at Penrith, perhaps he might be a target. He has the ability to be an elite prop and if he could find that form from 2017-18 he would be massive for our middle.

He has a long term deal with the Panthers, but that was signed under the previous coach. Cleary May be happy to have him off their books to create cap space.

Gronk

Staff member
With RCG seemingly out of favour (and form) at Penrith, perhaps he might be a target. He has the ability to be an elite prop and if he could find that form from 2017-18 he would be massive for our middle.

He has a long term deal with the Panthers, but that was signed under the previous coach. Cleary May be happy to have him off their books to create cap space.
IIRC he’s on squillions. I think he would be the highest paid player at our club if we took over the contract.

T-Boon

Coach
Someone mentioned Lachlan Coote as a possible cheap option if Gutho goes. By the sound of this article he might be open to it.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...t/news-story/5c19e943111888094f022a53166cda8e

Nice whinge from Coote.
I love the inconsistency of these NRL players. How many players in the last few months have said "I've got know idea, I leave all that up to my manager/agent" but here at the tail end of his career he is demanding all the information be communicated to him. Blame your agent Coote.
Back on topic I would take Coote at fullback over Guth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

You been drinking the Poo cool-aid my friend.

Fan expectation is our clubs problem? Now I've heard it all. Imagine how sh*t house Man United must be with all their "FAN EXPECTATION". Wow how the hell can they cope with so much pressure from them dirty, rotten, nasty fans? Clubs should just tell their fans to just p*ss the f**k off! Damn them, How dare they ever want or expect success.
Man United have plenty of money and no limits on how much they can spend on players. Their fans are right to have high expectations.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you enjoyed watching the team play with no hooker or fullback to start the game? If it were such a great idea why haven’t the great coaches adopted this ploy? It wasn’t the reason why we lost,
But possibly the worst tactic many fans have witnessed in recent times. I don’t understand how the coach is immune to criticism in your eyes. Just another brain fart from him I guess
Fullback is only a position in defence and dummy half only exists in attack. So it was easy for one player to fill both roles.

And I said after the game that I thought we needed to move on from Arthur. I still think that might be the case. But him starting Mahoney from the bench wasn't the problem. It wasn't even A problem.

Happy MEel

First Grade
RCG has been rubbish since he broke his jaw, and on huge coin.

Penrith would have to tip in a massive chunk of change.
I agree they’d have to chip in but I wouldn’t say he has been rubbish. Down on usual form...yes.

His stats this year across 9 games are:
Avg run metres: 96.12
Avg post contact m: 32.9
Avg tackles: 34.4
Avg missed tackles 2.4
Tackle Breaks: 6

Comparatively, his stats for 2018 before the broken jaw were:
Avg run metres: 97.62
Avg post contact m: 34.4
Avg tackles: 26.8
Avg missed tackles: 3.4
Tackles breaks: 23

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/...hip/penrith-panthers/reagan-campbell-gillard/

He’s clearly being required to do more defence and yet his missed tackles are actually lower. I’d say this is having more of an impact on his attacking stats more than anything.

TheRam

Coach
Man United have plenty of money and no limits on how much they can spend on players. Their fans are right to have high expectations.

Money isn't Parramatta's problem either. So it's right we should have high expectations too.

But then again, you're one of the few supporters who likes and supports mediocrity. Enough said.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Money isn't Parramatta's problem either. So it's right we should have high expectations too.

But then again, you're one of the few supporters who likes and supports mediocrity. Enough said.
Spending as much on players as the top clubs is a massive problem for us, so much so that we were willing to waste plenty trying to pay merkins outside the cap.

TheRam

Coach
Spending as much on players as the top clubs is a massive problem for us, so much so that we were willing to waste plenty trying to pay merkins outside the cap.

Mate if you really think that money is our issue then you have less idea then El Dicko ever did and that is probably the worst insult I could give a merkin on these forums.

IFR33K

Coach
Fullback is only a position in defence and dummy half only exists in attack. So it was easy for one player to fill both roles.

And I said after the game that I thought we needed to move on from Arthur. I still think that might be the case. But him starting Mahoney from the bench wasn't the problem. It wasn't even A problem.

We took a potential play maker out of our backline and placed him at dummy half. I don’t care if gutho does his best work from there, it was a ludicrous decision. Maybe it’s the reason gutho was missing tackles towards the end of the match. He was probably gassed from the work he did at dummy half.

Of course him starting Mahoney on the bench was a problem. Because there wasn’t a genuine hooker to take his starting spot!!!!

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate if you really think that money is our issue then you have less idea then El Dicko ever did and that is probably the worst insult I could give a merkin on these forums.
Our problem isn't money, it's spending it on players legally. Manchester United don't have that problem.