What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post game discussion v panthers

Noise

Coach
Not much talk about the playing surface at Bankwest after thursdays game. I heard 'dew' and 'slippery' several times during the broadcast and we all saw Moses almost slipping over kicking for goal, once. Is this going to be be an ongoing issue with night games and how cold was it at parra on thursday night?

Obviously I didn't feel the surface but it was a warm night, particularly for May. I wasn't even wearing a jumper

Eelogical

Referee
Obviously I didn't feel the surface but it was a warm night, particularly for May. I wasn't even wearing a jumper
It seems quite odd that dew would be present when it really wasn't in the past. Maybe it has something to do with the roof structure of Bankwest.

Kornstar

Coach
I'd chip in another $5K. I'd feel good after watching him do it but I doubt it would be effective.

I agree about the effectiveness but there are times when i would like the coach to show some passion. Maybe Thursday wasn't the night to do it because we were so bad but realistically he could have blown up at 2 decisions.

The first one was the forward pass (which should have ben off-side as he was already in front of the passer when he threw it) and the second the Gutho quick tap. I know he can't predict the future but last night there was a team who did the same thing and didn't get called back.

At a simple level (and most of our fans don't follow the game like a lot on here so they have a much simpler view) you could say it cost us the game.

We are no doubt officiated differently than a lot of teams a large majority of the time, why can't fans want their coach to be their voice every now and then, just because?

emjaycee

Coach
I agree about the effectiveness but there are times when i would like the coach to show some passion. Maybe Thursday wasn't the night to do it because we were so bad but realistically he could have blown up at 2 decisions.

The first one was the forward pass (which should have ben off-side as he was already in front of the passer when he threw it) and the second the Gutho quick tap. I know he can't predict the future but last night there was a team who did the same thing and didn't get called back.

At a simple level (and most of our fans don't follow the game like a lot on here so they have a much simpler view) you could say it cost us the game.

We are no doubt officiated differently than a lot of teams a large majority of the time, why can't fans want their coach to be their voice every now and then, just because?
He can be our voice however if he was to state out loud even 10% of the frustration us fans feel, he'd be fined for questioning the integrity of the refs.

Eelogical

Referee
I didn't watch the game live or read the game day thread comments during the game as I had a previous commitment. I decided to watch the replay yesterday (after reading all the drunken game day posts and knowing the result) and try to be open-minded about it as if I were neutral. While the game itself was not one for the ages by any means I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as the routing from Melbourne or our inability to beat Newcastle or the Cowboys. To put it in to perspective, we aren't getting pounded (apart from the Storm game) and were bound to lose at home soon enough. Regardless of all the failed wrist slitting comments in here, we have another two years of BA as coach. While I'm not excited by our recent performances, I'm not going to go full despondent either.

He can be our voice however if he was to state out loud even 10% of the frustration us fans feel, he'd be fined for questioning the integrity of the refs.
So what? Cop a fine. Cop several. Plenty of other coaches do. I think he's of the opinion that you've got to be one of the top teams before questioning refs but I reckon that approach is wrong. If you don't act like you deserve respect then you're not going to get it. He doesn't need to go full Ricky but something, anything, please!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I get that and it is a legitimate position for a fan to have.

My point is that he doesn't do press conferences for the fans.

hindy111

Post Whore
I get that and it is a legitimate position for a fan to have.

My point is that he doesn't do press conferences for the fans.

I've never watched a press confrence in my life. Are they exciting? I just imagine mosdt coaches dont even want to do them but are forced too.
Questions like why did you lose? And thing along those lines right?

84 Baby

Referee
So what? Cop a fine. Cop several. Plenty of other coaches do. I think he's of the opinion that you've got to be one of the top teams before questioning refs but I reckon that approach is wrong. If you don't act like you deserve respect then you're not going to get it. He doesn't need to go full Ricky but something, anything, please!
I reckon it’s more a case of thinking if you’re good enough, bad reffing doesn’t matter. But Bradley, we ain’t good enough, so f**king give it to those cheating merkins. I’m sure we’ll get Perenara next week so that’ll be the next opportunity

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We should just start ripping the refs heads off and shitting down their necks and then if Todd gets angry we should tell him to get f**ked!