What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Sharks

SaintPauli

Juniors
So disappointing to say the least.
Yes sure we had injuries half time.
The gummies had players out too but they out performed and enthused us.

The drop balls in critical field position was a bad as I saw.

At this stage all I am thinking of is avoiding wooden spoon. Not looking good this year.

I still be there as a supporter but it will be friggin hard.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Pretty easy to take aim at the players but for me you can really see the lack of confidence that has crept into the team. Playing catch up footy (even when in front) mentality forces silly mistakes and we saw that today with the push passes that weren't on.

Having only 1 on the bench after half time certainly didn't help but when you're already in a down cycle these things just compound on top of everything else.

Considering we were only behind by 7 until the 79th minute showed we have resilience, especially when its 14 v 16 players. Lafai was a huge out when he went off, that when they directed their play to that side and it payed off for them.

I thought Lomax did well for his first run at fullback, we looked safer, however, he was gassed not long after half time. Robson was great, some nice darts and runs through the middle, a few errors yes, but in a confidence team those errors probably don't happen. Pearson was ok, only 1 error but generally looked better than Rava.

I hope we stick with this team for a while now, the only change I would make is when Norman comes back and maybe play him at right centre and leave Field at 5/8, because it doesn't appear likely that Lomax will be the goal kicker playing fullback, he'd be too exhausted with the extra responsibilities.

We wont make the finals this year, that's a gimme, some say we have to win 8/13, I'm thinking more like 10/13 and that's not going to happen.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s just heartbreaking to watch them go around now . I realize that we had injuries to key players , but some of those errors made the Dragons look like school kids .

Dugan , I always knew that he had a big head , but why in the name of hell did he use it to tackle poor old Fitz. The man has been in the wars this season with injuries to his chestnuts and now knock out cold by an ex-dragon turn nark.

So super coach is not disappointed with that performance, he is actually quite excited.

Apparently the Sharks getting a 5-1 penalty count in the 2nd half from the referees gave them all that momentum to win the game. But the boys were brave etc etc.

Didn’t mention the first half penalty count though or the momentum the lads had from that, but failed to capitalise upon.

Wanker

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
Mary has the bye to ponder selections! Aiken had another shocker... Lomax back to centre Field FB Norman will be back!! As for Ben Hunt he should not be in QLD team! 6 million dollar man never steps up when we need him the most!

TruSaint

Referee
So super coach is not disappointed with that performance, he is actually quite excited.

Apparently the Sharks getting a 5-1 penalty count in the 2nd half from the referees gave them all that momentum to win the game. But the boys were brave etc etc.

Didn’t mention the first half penalty count though or the momentum the lads had from that, but failed to capitalise upon.

Wanker

Yep,

Well said.

PS congrats mate.

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
Ironic or cursed when Lafai went off injured, Mcfraud didn't have a waste of a bench player sitting on bench to cover that injury! Also if you were at WIN today our warm up was very uninspiring for fans!! No wonder why we were not vocal on the hill! I actually heard some Dragon supporters hoping Sharks put 50 on us!

rednwhites

Juniors
It would be nice to be talking about a win and how good Field and Lomax are but they aren't making the most of their chances. I have high hope for both and it is now getting frustrating waiting for them to take hold of their opportunity.

rednwhites

Juniors
Ironic or cursed when Lafai went off injured, Mcfraud didn't have a waste of a bench player sitting on bench to cover that injury! Also if you were at WIN today our warm up was very uninspiring for fans!! No wonder why we were not vocal on the hill! I actually heard some Dragon supporters hoping Sharks put 50 on us!

I do suspect something deeper is going on here a la Panthers. Difference is it's all on display for Penrith while our club tries to hide and protect until fortunes change. I just sent through 2nd frank email for this month. If I wasn't interstate I would be getting a Sack Mary banner made. Listen to the players speak.They are so unconvincing in their rhetoric like never before. The belief is not there. I hope this spells the start of the end for Mary.

Ascalon

Juniors
We had plenty of ball in first half but offered the same crap. The only direct ‘move’ we put on is to go wide to tariq and since the brisbane game last year, every team expects it and puts numbers on him. Our attack other than super coaches master play is pedestrian with no one running direct asking questions of the defence. Our marker play is disgraceful and has been jumped on by Newcastle last week and the scum this week. We serve the same shit week in and week out and teams have worked us out. If laymen can identify it why can’t the supercoach and his army of assistants....

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
I do suspect something deeper is going on here a la Panthers. Difference is it's all on display for Penrith while our club tries to hide and protect until fortunes change. I just sent through 2nd frank email for this month. If I wasn't interstate I would be getting a Sack Mary banner made. Listen to the players speak.They are so unconvincing in their rhetoric like never before. The belief is not there. I hope this spells the start of the end for Mary.
Spot on mate:thumbsup::ok_hand:

hazzbeen

Bench
Yea it all comes down to the game was there to win , but we don't have anyone that can take it by the balls and control the game for us to win . Sadly Hunt can't do that , Norman not sure . This is why players like Field Dufty struggle at times , there is no one showing them the way on or off the park ......