What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Sharks

MilanDragon

Juniors
Perfect result - very smart, go into the bye with 5 losses on them trot, bring expectations down. Lull everyone into a false sense of security, then just win 10 games on the trot.

If only.. field for 3 games hasn’t offered much, Norman coming back will help, put field back to 14 and drop Robson just for the fact he has signed with NQ, why develop him for their gain.

I’d keep Dufty in the 13, maybe wing spot worst case, one thing he does that Lomax didn’t is back Leilua up through the middle.

Lots of issues

sa1nt5

Juniors
Now just need to move Hunt to 9. McInnes to 6 because he at least would take the line on Norman to 7

Warabrook saint

Juniors
No mate...sorry...I can’t see the effort. Every team cops injuries. But they still manage to jag a win here and there. All we do is blame our pathetic performances on injuries. And when our players come back, and we lose again, we manage to find something else to blame...refs maybe? The full moon? Who the f**k knows with this team. Overpaid hacks
So very very true

jeffdragon

Bench
A big gap from Reggies for field hes not good enough.
Pearson is slow jp can't defend don't fall over when chasing the ball .
We're fckd
Hard enough for us to win losing four in a row with 17 players
Then we drop to 14.
Footy sux.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
my observation and I am sure it will annoy some on here - our transition into the Illawarra steelers is nearly complete. I have been a supporter of the merger coming from the St George side of the marriage and always railed against others who suggested that the Illawarra side is taking over - well the last few weeks since the resigning of McGregor has seen a deep dive into Steeler footy where it is not unacceptable to lose and a champion mentality (such as was at St George) it is most definately not. Unless there is a major shift in mindset this club is looking more like being in a battle to avoid the spoon rather than in a desperate fight for the title.The ship is taking water and is listing in the ocean off Wollongong and there are no more hands below deck to bail it out.

hewi

Bench
I’m a great fan of Pereira, he’s a bull dog doesn’t give in, today second highest meters run, second fastest play the ball speed and highest number of tackle breaks. He has a heart like Pharlap and doesn’t stop trying, we have far bigger problems than him IMO.

Dea

Juniors
We lost this before being hit by the injuries. Besides the charge over from dummy half we never looked like scoring a try. Our attack is woeful! Teams must enjoy playing against us as it looks as easy as a defensive training run for them. Our 6 and 7 not doing enough to control the team or the game. Even if we didn’t lose Frizz, Lafai and Graham, I don’t believe we would have won this game. Didn’t score in the 1st half with them on the field, wouldn’t have scored in the 2nd either.

Positives... Lomax did enough for me to be kept at the back. Pearson played ok, as did Robson.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
The determination was there today but we fell way short on smarts.Some really dumb plays and dumb mistakes too.
I was dissappointed in Hunt's performance. It looked like he was just going through motions - especially the second half after a few plays didn't pan out.
Everyone is, understandably, down on confidence so I hope they use the bye constructfully and work on this aspect.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I did get the part that I am a "deeply shithouse observer" which I enjoyed.
I look forward to watching the rise of the dragons and the fall of the Kaylan Pongas.
Remember the bet Jimmy, Dragons finish above the Pongas and its egg on you and your thesaurus.....

You can also point the finger at Tony Stark (aka Iron Man).

possm

Coach
It’s likely Norman will be back when we play next, but i’m disappointed with Hunt in his absence.

Let’s be honest, the season is gone. I’m happy with our young blokes and they should be given the opportunity for the rest of the year.

To me 3 through 5 needs a revamp. Play around with what we have before we go to market. Anyone worth a damn wouldn’t consider coming anyway.
I hear what your saying but we need to a least buy one player to take advantage of the NRL's salary cap compensation for JDB.
  • I'm sure Saab will come into the first grade side soon after July 1.
  • I would at least buy Robertson prior to 30 June mainly because he is on the outer at Brisbane and is ready for the picking.
  • If we can afford DWZ try to get him before June 30 as well.
  • In the forwards bring in Robson, Kerr and Timm need to be included next game.
It looks like we will need a left centre to replace Lafai as well.

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s likely Norman will be back when we play next, but i’m disappointed with Hunt in his absence.

Let’s be honest, the season is gone. I’m happy with our young blokes and they should be given the opportunity for the rest of the year.

To me 3 through 5 needs a revamp. Play around with what we have before we go to market. Anyone worth a damn wouldn’t consider coming anyway.

I agree Red V for life but I think that most of our players do not cut it in 1st grade and I feel that there is no one really wanting to come to the club. We basically are crap this year and we would be lucky to win another game. We have crap administration, crap coaches, crap players. It will take a massive miracle for SGI to turn things around for the years ahead imo.

Our defence has been crap this year, our attack except for the game against the bulldogs has been woeful, We cannot mount consistent pressure and we make too many fundamental mistakes and bad decisions. We just don't have any really smart thinking players that have any vision or anticipation and we always seem to panic, panic, panic with the result of losing possession or try scoring opportunities.

Ive been a fan of the Red V for 58 years and been so very proud of the club for many of those years but lately it has just been a big waste of time following them I'm afraid to say.

Cheers

SEAT 1A

Bench
I can't believe what I just witnessed. Lomax is not a fullback, he was walking. At least Peirera had a go, bring Dufty next week.

Robson was on the bench, thought he was to replace McInness, no he was playing front row at times.

We were throwing the ball out wide when we should have been going forward and going forward when it should have gone out wide and I don't know what Luc was doing.

Ben Hunt could have fallen over and still scored and Atkin should have passed the ball.

This game shows the players were out of control and Mary has no idea as a coach.

Dea

Juniors
With Norman coming back Field goes back to CC to improve his game control. Dufty can stay there as well.
We need more from our 1-5. Lomax could be worth developing at 1 unless we can find an alternative (not Dufty or Field) and move him into the centres. Aitkin still can’t pass and I wonder if his future in the forwards has come?
I like Graham but wonder if he needs a week off every so often? Plays his heart out but not having the impact with the ball we need. Time to give some of our younger guys a go instead of persevering with the same players who are loosing every week.
This season is over. Can’t see us getting into the 8 and at present performance could fight it out for the spoon.