What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
State of Origin jerseys should be the most valuable in Australian sport. High profile companies should be fighting each other to get their name on what should be very limited spaces. Instead we’ve got a law firm and a bank nobody’s heard of.

Perth Red

Post Whore
State of Origin jerseys should be the most valuable in Australian sport. High profile companies should be fighting each other to get their name on what should be very limited spaces. Instead we’ve got a law firm and a bank nobody’s heard of.

It is very strange there aren’t major companies fighting each other given the exposure it gives. Ga,eone even made the back page of the West Australian today!

yakstorm

First Grade
When the NRL managed the sponsorships you had AAMI/Suncorp (Front) and Lion Co./XXXX (Naming) for Queensland and Wizard/Aussie/VB (Front) and Sony / nib (Sleeve) and Gio (Shorts)

Suncorp Group has over $90bn in Assets, including AAMI & GIO brands, so definitely bluechip.

Wizard was owned by GE at the time, so one of the world's largest companies. Aussie only got the sponsorship as they bought Wizard off GE, whilst we all know how big Lion and Foster's are.

Sony speaks for itself.

Since the State Leagues took over the management of the sponsorships, Suncorp left, XXXX reduced their partnership and Foster's was replaced by Lion on the NSW kit.

It has also created this scenario where the NRL is selling against the State Leagues for overall tournament sponsorship (Holden, Carlton Dry, Finder) which I'm sure isn't helping the situation.

macavity

Referee
If they were going a V, wouldn't they make it out of the 4 stripes? the double V really doesn't fit their brand elements at all - almost as bad as their ciggie packet jersey.

Pommy

Coach
CS19-3D-Kokoda_Jersey-Mns-FS__674552442.jpg

What’s the significance of this to the sharks? They didn’t even exist at this point did they? I assumed last year it had been a significant anniversary and would have just been a one off.

AJB1102

First Grade
What’s the significance of this to the sharks? They didn’t even exist at this point did they? I assumed last year it had been a significant anniversary and would have just been a one off.

Green on a Sharks jersey. I think they're playing the Raiders in it too. I seen a mock up with blue instead of green and it looks great. Will post it if I can find it again.

carcharias

Immortal

What is the significance to any team?