What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BLM01

First Grade
At his post match interview some reporter said to Mary we were only two points out of the eight. McIdiot said he never looks at the table....
Unfortunately most of the journos conducting interviews or pressers ask questions and say things but dont really know what they are talking about. Remember the glass is half full at the Dragons...so it's not empty...which is a good thing right?

giboz71

First Grade
It’s during these tough times when injuries and off field distractions hit that a coach earns his keep. It tests resilience in the playing group, and how effective the reserves have been developed when they have to step up.

This is where Mary and the club are getting exposed massively. Any little bit of turmoil, and seemingly we fold Happened to a certain extent last year when Origin hit.

Compare to the Sharks who have had their premiership winning coach replaced with a rookie, injures to key players like Moylan, Johnson, Wade Graham etc. Yet they are still in the thick of the 8.

Chalk and cheese. Mary has no clue how to handle adversity and when Plan A has to be chucked out and replaced, it’s game over for us.

rednwhites

Juniors
Another day Dragons fans left to suffer with no action of any kind taken by the club. Not even a word (my emails get no response). No soul searching getaway trips left to be had. He's tried it all. He's lost and he knows it. We are screwed as a club and soon the rhetoric turns to the chances of next year, like the year before and the year before that.

sack mcgregor

rednwhites

Juniors
It’s during these tough times when injuries and off field distractions hit that a coach earns his keep. It tests resilience in the playing group, and how effective the reserves have been developed when they have to step up.

This is where Mary and the club are getting exposed massively. Any little bit of turmoil, and seemingly we fold Happened to a certain extent last year when Origin hit.

Compare to the Sharks who have had their premiership winning coach replaced with a rookie, injures to key players like Moylan, Johnson, Wade Graham etc. Yet they are still in the thick of the 8.

Chalk and cheese. Mary has no clue how to handle adversity and when Plan A has to be chucked out and replaced, it’s game over for us.

He can't get a full strength team to achieve. End of story.

giboz71

First Grade
He can't get a full strength team to achieve. End of story.

The whole problem is that when the team is at full strength, the players are good enough to make the 8 and even win a semi (like last year).

When you have Ben Hunt, Gareth Widdop, Tyson Frizell, Paul Vaughan, Tariq Sims and James Graham at your disposal, this really shouldn't be too hard to do.

And this proves good enough time and again to get him extended, even though we know the bottom half of the 8 is his ceiling (and only when things are going well).

Dragons 09

Juniors
Unfortunately most of the journos conducting interviews or pressers ask questions and say things but dont really know what they are talking about. Remember the glass is half full at the Dragons...so it's not empty...which is a good thing right?

Kent asked Jimmy Graham last night on NRL360 "how long before the club/board start asking tough questions of the coach/coaching staff" etc. A bit of a "deer in the headlights" moment from Jimmy and a shrug of the shoulders and a couple of comments about injuries and being low on troops (company line stuff) but admitted that was not an excuse for not having a go and that he had no idea what the problem was other than "we know we are capable of better but we are just not delivering it".

Another loss or two on the trot and this line of questioning is likely to get more traction from the likes of Kent. People like Crawley who have a love affair with our coach are unlikely to go there, but the likes of Kent who thrives on sensationalism and is like a hyena if he spots wounded prey would definitely get more vocal if he gets the smell of blood. I never want us to lose, never, but at least if we do, there is some small comfort in knowing the hyena's are circling.

Smurf

Juniors
Kent asked Jimmy Graham last night on NRL360 "how long before the club/board start asking tough questions of the coach/coaching staff" etc. A bit of a "deer in the headlights" moment from Jimmy and a shrug of the shoulders and a couple of comments about injuries and being low on troops (company line stuff) but admitted that was not an excuse for not having a go and that he had no idea what the problem was other than "we know we are capable of better but we are just not delivering it".

Another loss or two on the trot and this line of questioning is likely to get more traction from the likes of Kent. People like Crawley who have a love affair with our coach are unlikely to go there, but the likes of Kent who thrives on sensationalism and is like a hyena if he spots wounded prey would definitely get more vocal if he gets the smell of blood. I never want us to lose, never, but at least if we do, there is some small comfort in knowing the hyena's are circling.

Good post
I watched that too and was about to post something similar
Finally the wheels seem to be turning
Keep it up Paul Kent

giboz71

First Grade

Its absolutely not good enough.

We've just had 4 guys selected to play Origin on Sunday. And Corey Norman is in the extended Qld squad. Cam McInnes was in the Origin conversation last year, as was Euan Aitken (although this was way off the mark).

It's not like we have a poor squad like the Dogs or Titans.

What we're putting out on the field has to be on the coaching staff. Not just Mary, all of them.

Dragon FLY

Juniors
QUOTE="giboz71, post: 13637356, member: 40129"]Its absolutely not good enough.

We've just had 4 guys selected to play Origin on Sunday. And Corey Norman is in the extended Qld squad. Cam McInnes was in the Origin conversation last year, as was Euan Aitken (although this was way off the mark).

It's not like we have a poor squad like the Dogs or Titans.

What we're putting out on the field has to be on the coaching staff. Not just Mary, all of them.[/QUOTE]
Whats very funny .....
Percentage of club is owned by smart people and one of those people is one the board.
Now either that person with influence has NO CLUE and sport in general or is too scared to SACK McFLY.

Simple let McFly FLY.

Dragon FLY

Juniors
Now either that person with influence has NO CLUE in sport generally or is too scared to SACK McFLY.

Simple let McFly <> FLY.

Dragon FLY

Juniors
Simple because the Sharks Board are accountable .
Our Board is simple and basic .... Lets live off the past GF's we have won.
Biggest mistake is having old ex players at levels to which the games was played 50 years ago.
Sack the whole board and coach.

Total Package

Juniors

Unless I wasn't paying attention too well, it sounded like Kent asked how long will the board stand for these losses and the coach's relationship with the players. What did he mean by that? And James really didn't know what to say - you can tell he was trying hard to give an answer without bagging anyone. He did say something along the lines of there being other coaches at the club too - I guess trying to highlight the Mary isn't solely to blame for this mess? And I don't know where he was going when he touched on the ISP players - he said they are good but the coach sees them every day... so I guess he's saying the coach doesn't think they are good enough to make the step up? I thought it was a very interesting segment. Kent clearly knows Mary is not up to it and I reckon he wanted to pursue that line of questioning more. Unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat I really don't see Mary lasting the full 2 years.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Unless I wasn't paying attention too well, it sounded like Kent asked how long will the board stand for these losses and the coach's relationship with the players. What did he mean by that? And James really didn't know what to say - you can tell he was trying hard to give an answer without bagging anyone. He did say something along the lines of there being other coaches at the club too - I guess trying to highlight the Mary isn't solely to blame for this mess? And I don't know where he was going when he touched on the ISP players - he said they are good but the coach sees them every day... so I guess he's saying the coach doesn't think they are good enough to make the step up? I thought it was a very interesting segment. Kent clearly knows Mary is not up to it and I reckon he wanted to pursue that line of questioning more. Unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat I really don't see Mary lasting the full 2 years.

Yeah, you were obviously paying attention because that's a fair rundown of how it unfolded.

Here's what i read into it.

With regards "how long will the board stand for these losses, relationships, tough questions etc", i felt Kent was having a stab at Mary's "good bloke, i'm one of the boys" persona. Kind of hinting that it's a results driven business of which Mary is failing and that it's not a popularity contest.

The bit from Jimmy about "other coaches", i read that the same as you.....Hornby, Young, Head Et Al. are all part of the problem.

With regards the "ISP players", i read that one similar to you but with a twist. I thought he meant that there are a couple of guys that in his eyes are good enough (certainly through this heavy injury period) to get a run but "the coach sees them every day" so the coach obviously doesn't think they are ready. I just felt this was a shot at the coach for not giving a couple of the younger lads a go under the circumstances (maybe the likes of Kerr, Timm, Periera? who knows?)

Agree with you that Kent is on to Mary and another loss or two will see him unable to control himself.....he does love a headline does Kenty!

Latest posts