What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
So let me understand this.....

Mary can't get the team to win with our current forwards, yet he have yet to seriously test our younger players. God knows Bellamy would build young players up and get them to excel in FG.

Why can't we?

We always seem to want experience which to me is just someone older. if Pongia was playing for the Dragons he would still be playing in CC with his experience in FG been limited to a number of 5 to 10 minute stints after sitting on the bench for first grade.

Mary is useless and having recruitment stove-piped out does not work.

Hardcore Dragon

Juniors
Sent the below tweet to a number of 'journos'/radio personalities including Buzz, Carayannis, the Big Marn, Soward, Riccio and Chammas. Doubt it will get any traction though.

'@MichaelChammas can you shed any light on why journalist do not scrutinise Mary's coaching abilities? His record since 2014: 11th, 8th, 11th, 9th, 7th. One semi win out of three over 2 years. Won 9 of last 24 games. No other club interested. Yet gets extended. Boys club #dragons'

XXX

getsmarty

Immortal
Sent the below tweet to a number of 'journos'/radio personalities including Buzz, Carayannis, the Big Marn, Soward, Riccio and Chammas. Doubt it will get any traction though.

'@MichaelChammas can you shed any light on why journalist do not scrutinise Mary's coaching abilities? His record since 2014: 11th, 8th, 11th, 9th, 7th. One semi win out of three over 2 years. Won 9 of last 24 games. No other club interested. Yet gets extended. Boys club #dragons'

XXX

Has too many friends in the Media and I genuinely believe he is a must be a "nice bloke"....but that should not be the sole criteria for selecting a coach.

So let me understand this.....

Mary can't get the team to win with our current forwards, yet he have yet to seriously test our younger players. God knows Bellamy would build young players up and get them to excel in FG.

Why can't we?

We always seem to want experience which to me is just someone older. if Pongia was playing for the Dragons he would still be playing in CC with his experience in FG been limited to a number of 5 to 10 minute stints after sitting on the bench for first grade.

Mary is useless and having recruitment stove-piped out does not work.
The simple truth is that McGregor doesn't have the first clue about how to promote lower grade players.
That is why he continually opts for older, "turn key" players.
It is a bottom half of the table strategy that doesn't take into account improvement in other teams.
This lead is from todays Smelligraph ................ why doesn't someone look at Mary?

View attachment 30796
They can't ignore it forever.

blacksafake

First Grade
I’ve sent a few emails over the years expressing my feelings & congratulating when necessary & the one thing I can say about Doust was he normally responded, whether I liked his reply or not.
Since Johnston has taken over not a peep. After the first email I sent him the auto reply you get from the club thanking you for your email, blah blah blah has been stopped.

I’ve sent a few emails over the years expressing my feelings & congratulating when necessary & the one thing I can say about Doust was he normally responded, whether I liked his reply or not.
Since Johnston has taken over not a peep. After the first email I sent him the auto reply you get from the club thanking you for your email, blah blah blah has been stopped.
Traits of a puppet coward.

hazzbeen

Bench
The whole Club is starting to have a real stench about it ...... Won't be long before the maggots start coming out with nowhere to hide ...... The more the team looses the maggots will be flushed out........

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Mary Mary it's quite scary , how does your team go ?

Dont get your hopes up buddy.
The media, apart from some fringe journo's, wont hassle Mary.

Each and every year, mainstream pundits have cushioned Mary's record with " circumstances and excuses".. And this year there is a litany of them.

Stared pre season, and a few injuries have only added to the coaches arsenal.

Should' we jag a win against the Cows, we wont be in headlines. In fact, if he manages a few wins on the trot, it will be "against the odds" and an achievement.

As I have mentioned numerous times, good luck to Mary. Job security for him. Any anger should be directed at the decision makers.

hazzbeen

Bench
Dont get your hopes up buddy.
The media, apart from some fringe journo's, wont hassle Mary.

Each and every year, mainstream pundits have cushioned Mary's record with " circumstances and excuses".. And this year there is a litany of them.

Stared pre season, and a few injuries have only added to the coaches arsenal.

Should' we jag a win against the Cows, we wont be in headlines. In fact, if he manages a few wins on the trot, it will be "against the odds" and an achievement.

As I have mentioned numerous times, good luck to Mary. Job security for him. Any anger should be directed at the decision makers.
I hear you Tru , but I can't see us stringing games together , so the pressure IMO will be on .... I never want to see us get beaten , but it's the only way to put pressure on the board .......

St Georgio

Juniors
I will never vote for Kevin Walters to coach the dragons or any NRL team, if he plays Moses Mbye, Qlders must be so desperate to win this series without knowing what the cause of his near death experience!