What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If we want to free up 30 spots for inferior players... Ivan and Hook are perfect. If we want our team to get better... well neither of these merkins is or was the man for the job. Ivan peaked with us 5 years ago.

Its hilarious he cones back trying to get rid of good players because they are on overs... yet he's the merkin who gave Matulino, Packer, Reynolds and Mbye 4 year deals on huge money.

We're in great hands with nobody at the club to stop him.

You talk as though you know exactly why Waqa Blake is leaving and whose decision it was.

So please, if your going to continue to bag him out, please explain what you know.

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/06/26/blake-granted-release-to-join-parramatta/

Blake granted release to join Parramatta

Penrith Panthers can confirm Waqa Blake has been granted an immediate release from his contract to pursue an opportunity with Parramatta Eels.

The 24-year-old centre won back-to-back premierships at Panthers as a member of the club’s NYC side in 2013 and NSW Cup side in 2014.

He made his NRL debut the following year and played 88 NRL games in his time at the club.

“Panthers was initially approached by Parramatta to express their interest in acquiring the services of Waqa Blake,” Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher said.

“Ultimately it was a difficult decision to grant Waqa’s release but it will assist the management of our salary cap moving forward.

“We extend our sincere thanks to Waqa for his contribution at Panthers and wish him the best of luck for the future.”

Pomoz

Bench
He just brought Roberts to Souths, who’s renowned as having a poor attitude.
Under Bennett he played SOO and he has now brought him to Souths. I think his attitude has clearly improved. Nearly every player that has played for Bennett has said he tries to improve them as a person first and a player second. The results speak for themselves and I think this and Bennetts ability to understand different personalities and work out how to get the best out of them is what sets him apart from others.

As for Ivan, he may follow the well trodden ”on the bus’ path but nowhere have I said that this is the only factor for success and Ivan is the best person to do it. I am merely pointing out that what he is doing makes sense and is supported by other sources. That said, of course there are many other factors in coaching beside getting players with the right attitude, but it’s a good start.

I am not a fan of Dave’s mate, I think having him coach his son was a nepotistic indulgence from Dave that should have been stopped by the board for its self apparent stupidity, so you can interpret my comments as providing balance, not as a bid to be chairman of Dave’s mates fan club.

Under Bennett he played SOO and he has now brought him to Souths. I think his attitude has clearly improved. Nearly every player that has played for Bennett has said he tries to improve them as a person first and a player second. The results speak for themselves and I think this and Bennetts ability to understand different personalities and work out how to get the best out of them is what sets him apart from others.

As for Ivan, he may follow the well trodden ”on the bus’ path but nowhere have I said that this is the only factor for success and Ivan is the best person to do it. I am merely pointing out that what he is doing makes sense and is supported by other sources. That said, of course there are many other factors in coaching beside getting players with the right attitude, but it’s a good start.

I am not a fan of Dave’s mate, I think having him coach his son was a nepotistic indulgence from Dave that should have been stopped by the board for its self apparent stupidity, so you can interpret my comments as providing balance, not as a bid to be chairman of Dave’s mates fan club.

Roberts has been in trouble recently on Brisbane, had to be carried out of a nightclub he was so drunk. His attitude is why the Broncos punted him.

I take your point about the path Ivan is following, but given it’s not a path that’s brought him results, perhaps he should’ve tried some different thinking?

He’s clearly limited as a coach, it would stand to reason for me that rather focussing too much of player attitudes, perhaps he should focus more on ability?

franklin2323

Immortal
If we want to free up 30 spots for inferior players... Ivan and Hook are perfect. If we want our team to get better... well neither of these merkins is or was the man for the job. Ivan peaked with us 5 years ago.

Its hilarious he cones back trying to get rid of good players because they are on overs... yet he's the merkin who gave Matulino, Packer, Reynolds and Mbye 4 year deals on huge money.

We're in great hands with nobody at the club to stop him.

All 4 of those you mentioned are rep players though and look at the position they play. Ivan's team plays boring footy so why do we need $1m plus on outside backs that play good every so often.

If that money goes to fixing the pack then it is an improvement. Peachey for Blake is a decent enough trade just need to see where the rest of the money is going

franklin2323

Immortal

I too am far from a Dave's mate fan the opposite infact but changes needed to happen. Whether they were the right changes time will tell

Dave's mate

Juniors
Wonder if we will break even financially? What are we paying of Blake's contract? Tits will surely be paying for Peach to leave, hes been awful for them

All 4 of those you mentioned are rep players though and look at the position they play. Ivan's team plays boring footy so why do we need $1m plus on outside backs that play good every so often.

If that money goes to fixing the pack then it is an improvement. Peachey for Blake is a decent enough trade just need to see where the rest of the money is going

Iirc one of Cleary’s best players in his first stint with us was an outside back, Dave Simmons. What’s changed?

Why could his team then find its wingers, but now it can’t?

Kilkenny

Coach
There’s still a few days to go before the window closes I wonder whether we may see one more player out the exit door.

Status
Not open for further replies.