What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does It Matter Who We Recruit? Warriors should be re-branded and relocated.

It’s easy to make SJ a scapegoat as the reason they failed this year.

I’ll guarantee for end of season review they roll out a line saying we were unable to recruit a replacement in the halves or they blooded new players in the halves but don’t have the experience as we did in 2018.
While I feel he is not the reason, I have a feeling that behind the scenes the way it all played out has made the players feel uneasy. It is hard to described and just a feeling I have it unsettled things.
It shows a lack of leadership at all levels.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What are Warriors fans thoughts on Neil Henry ?

Had good stints with the Raiders and Cowboys, and had an undermanned Titans team going nicely before the Hayne Plane rolled into town. The premiership Green got was effectively from the groundwork Henry put in place

Obviously he isn’t a top echelon option, but is known as a hardarse and has a record of clubs improving under his watch

spear tackle

Juniors
I'm not convinced its the head coach's fault (well not entirely) since Ivan we have had one failed coach after another, a change in playing personal ,change in ownership , and a change with most of the assistant coaches with pretty much the same result. There appears to be one constant though that became apparent before Cappy got demoted.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
My completely unsubstantiated perspective is that there is likely to be chronic and observable under-performance in management roles across the entire business (and probably in the receptionists and janitorial staff as well). If this was any other business, management consultants would come in, have nervous breakdowns and sweep the place clean.

Iron Lion

Juniors
My completely unsubstantiated perspective is that there is likely to be chronic and observable under-performance in management roles across the entire business (and probably in the receptionists and janitorial staff as well). If this was any other business, management consultants would come in, have nervous breakdowns and sweep the place clean.

I heard from a good source that the Warriors new owners have the players only training twice a week for 2 hours at a time. The rest of the time they are in a factory working with fabrics and making carpets and rugs.

Apparently, the carpet at Warriors HQ has never looked so wonderful.

Cameron George apparently chose the dark woods cashmere for his office, Adam Blair installed it.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I heard from a good source that the Warriors new owners have the players only training twice a week for 2 hours at a time. The rest of the time they are in a factory working with fabrics and making carpets and rugs.

Apparently, the carpet at Warriors HQ has never looked so wonderful.

Cameron George apparently chose the dark woods cashmere for his office, Adam Blair installed it.

Your previous records of sources are a myth.

To be honest though, I'm not sure a re-brand or a relocation is what's needed.
How do we fix the Warriors?...Questions have to be asked on all levels. From coaching staff, to scouts, players.

I think as fans, we jump straight to either Kearney or a scape goat player but we've been mud for so long. Something runs deep in this organization, what it is, or whom is causing our mediocrity, I cannot say.

Trying to remember the last time I properly and thoroughly enjoyed a season...it seems like a distant memory.

What I wouldn't give to back to the days of Ali Lautiti offloads, Villasantis mad tackles, Tookey runs, Paleaasinas kick returns, Meli steam rolling wingers like he was Lomu, Stace not selling Instant Finance. Those were enjoyable times

Iron Lion

Juniors
Your previous records of sources are a myth.

To be honest though, I'm not sure a re-brand or a relocation is what's needed.
How do we fix the Warriors?...Questions have to be asked on all levels. From coaching staff, to scouts, players.

I think as fans, we jump straight to either Kearney or a scape goat player but we've been mud for so long. Something runs deep in this organization, what it is, or whom is causing our mediocrity, I cannot say.

Trying to remember the last time I properly and thoroughly enjoyed a season...it seems like a distant memory.

What I wouldn't give to back to the days of Ali Lautiti offloads, Villasantis mad tackles, Tookey runs, Paleaasinas kick returns, Meli steam rolling wingers like he was Lomu, Stace not selling Instant Finance. Those were enjoyable times

Shit better not tell you this BUT.......... I have it from an insider that Santa is not real either. Dont take it bad.

Agree on the golden period you note though. Best time period ever to be a Warriors fan. So good it carried me supporting this team up until now. WHat stood out about that 2001 - 2003 team?

The forwards! oh those forwards!!!!!! Ball players, rampagers and violent people. Compare that pack to our pack today!!!

Jerry Seuseu
Richard Villasanti
Mark Tookey
Mr Effective
Logan Swann
Awen Gutenbeil
Sione Faumuina
Ali Lautititi
Karl Temata
Vinnie Anderson
Kevin Champion
Monty Betham
Wairangi Koopu
Justin Morgan
Evarn Tuimavave

spear tackle

Juniors
Would you say it is the end of year reviews now?
While we still have some games to play I would say the year has ended , they usually get a group together to do the review it seems to be all old boys and former staff ,comes across more like an informal reunion than anyone asking hard questions. Either way in the past nothing changed

BLN2

Juniors
I don't know who to blame TBH. Recruitment and Kearney maybe? But SK has input from Stacey, Cayless, Iro, Smith etc. We are trying to play boring, grinding football. But we don't have the forward power to actually beat other teams in the grind. And we don't have a class playmaker/kicking game to give us any attacking options. Baring Harris, we don't have second rowers who can offer something ball in hand. How many creative back line moves have we seen this year? F all.

We need to play to our strengths currently, which is not meat and potatoes footy, clearly.

ram raid

Bench
I don't even think God knows the missing ingredient in the Warriors. The only thing left to blame is the travel and climatic adjustments. This year is ripe for Warriors to make a run, with the top 6 separating and the rest of the also-rans fighting it out.

Iron Lion

Juniors
I thought Kearney told the boys to have fun.

Is their version of fun just one up runs. No offloads. Wingers pretending to be props?

Or is their version of fun just collecting salaries and saying 'the effort was there just lacked execution'

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
How about we ditch the "Vodafone" warriors and go back to being the Auckland Warriors.

We play in Auckland, our home ground is in Auckland its not in Vodafone.

Who else is named after a company anyway?

spear tackle

Juniors
How about we ditch the "Vodafone" warriors and go back to being the Auckland Warriors.

We play in Auckland, our home ground is in Auckland its not in Vodafone.

Who else is named after a company anyway?

I thought Vodafone were pulling out on NZ at some point so we might be looking for a new sponsor, but I'm only speculating.

Latest posts