What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does It Matter Who We Recruit? Warriors should be re-branded and relocated.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Are we at the stage where it doesn't matter what players we recruit?

Does it seem that any signings are false hope at best?

I get the feeling we could sign Jason Taumalolo, Cameron Smith, Latrell Mitchell and Jake Trbojevic and still play terrible football.

The New Zealand Warriors issues are squarely at coaching and managements feet.

They allow poor performing players to continually get selected which shows they have no idea how to make crucial calls that bring results.

We also have a terrible brand of football. Boring, basic and predictable.

Hiku, Green, Lawton, Blair, Papaili all are reserve grade level talent. That is 5 of your starting 13 players.

We are undersized in the forwards.

Our wingers are not wingers. Fusitua should be dropped. His performances are honestly shit poor. Maumalo is not a winger. It's hurting us. Yes, he gets our sets off to a great start but it's not working. We don't convert the momentum and we lose speed on the edge.

Having said all that cause im just ranting on things they will never address or fix.

I just don't think it matters who we recruit because everyone is protecting and keeping their jobs in management. And they are clueless.

I would love to see the club renamed and relocated to Christchurch or Wellington. Most preferably Christchurch.

It's cold there and you need the heart to play in the cold.

They have effectively killed off the Warriors brand. 1995 - 2003 was the golden period of marketing. They killed it outright. It's a damaged brand now.

I would take North Sydney Bears back over the Warriors now. I felt pride for the Bears. Now I dont even feel anything when the Warriors lose the close games. Are you feeling the same? what does that say?

What are your guy's thoughts?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I don't know about Christchurch. If you're a first timer who's just looking to play league in Christchurch, you'll play prems. No depth in rugby league down there.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I don't know about Christchurch. If you're a first timer who's just looking to play league in Christchurch, you'll play prems. No depth in rugby league down there.
I thought this was what Brian Smith was there to do, pathways etc, he ain't there to coach. What does he do?

Surely now the owners can see there has been no improvement under the current management.

Diesel

Referee
I’d like to know from anyone with inside knowledge, is there pressure on the coach/admin or are they writing off this year as SJ left and we weren’t able to recruit

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
To answer the question, I think the brand is very strong, just has been getting bad results.

All that is needed is a

727_detail.gif

or maybe a

s-l500.jpg

Iron Lion

Juniors
I’d like to know from anyone with inside knowledge, is there pressure on the coach/admin or are they writing off this year as SJ left and we weren’t able to recruit

What do you mean? They weren't exactly a finals team with SJ in the side either.

1 and done in 2018 is as good as it gets.

Iron Lion

Juniors
I thought this was what Brian Smith was there to do, pathways etc, he ain't there to coach. What does he do?

Surely now the owners can see there has been no improvement under the current management.

Id actually wonder if Warriors fans would be happy of Kearney was fired and Brian Smith took over in the short term?

Iron Lion

Juniors

Just buy them in and raid club rugby ranks. Look at the player base in Auckland. Best in the NRL. Just not for the Warriors.

Rich102

Staff member
Funny, I was thinking about this yesterday.
The NRL wants to thin out the Sydney teams and is talking about moving someone, maybe Cronulla or Manly, a different area.
Could we offer them a new home?
I am sure the crowd would be happy to welcome a competitive side.
(Can't see any other way we are going to get one.)

Diesel

Referee
What do you mean? They weren't exactly a finals team with SJ in the side either.

1 and done in 2018 is as good as it gets.
It’s easy to make SJ a scapegoat as the reason they failed this year.

I’ll guarantee for end of season review they roll out a line saying we were unable to recruit a replacement in the halves or they blooded new players in the halves but don’t have the experience as we did in 2018.

WellsNZ

Juniors
It's hard enough to recruit talented players to play in Auckland, they sure as f**k aren't luring anyone to come play in Christchurch. No offense to anyone from Christchurch on the forum, but cold weather, much smaller city, the Aussies aren't going to want to go there. They'd lose a bunch of ticket sales as well. Imagine trying to sell people on going to the Warriors when you've got the Crusaders to spend money on watching.

And the locals, who are primarily Aucklanders with family in Auckland, would all be much more inclined to just f**k off to Aussie also.