What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Get ready for the latest saga in the NRL's coaching merry go round.

Rumour doing the rounds that Kevin Walters will replace Garth Brennan at the Titans after origin 3. I can tell you this will not happen. I do know that the coach is skating on thin ice and disgruntled players, board members are fermenting another shitshow at the Goldy which could result in having the first coach sacked this year.
Here is the gist of things;
  • If Garth Brennan finishes at the bottom four this year again then he will be fired after the 2019 season is over.

• Kevin Walters will not coach the Titans at all. He not only rejected them previously when Henry was sacked but also again earlier this month when Titans hierarchy discussed the possibility of replacing Brennan should they fire him. Walters not only will be coaching the Maroons next year but he is watching Seibold's position just in case he doesn't see out his Broncos contract. So no chance.

• But this is the best part; The Titans have already shortlisted three coaches to replace Brennan at the end of this season. They've already held preliminary discussions with these coaches just recently. GET READY. The three coaches are Anthony Griffen, Jason Taylor and Trent Barrett.
F**king LMAO
Another year. another recruitment blunder for the Titans coming up. Just fold them already and bring back the Bears. People can go through my post history, I called Michael Gordon to the Titans and Benji back to the Tigers amongst others. I get good mail about the Broncos and Titans due to where I'm located.

I’ve been critical of Hook in the past, but he’s very good at getting a team fit and competitive. Hook for 2-3 years with a handover plan to another coach would be a decent outcome.

davi

Juniors
Your last post before this...

Well done, bang on the money there :joy: Amazing sources.

To be fair that post wasn't really based on sources and was more a post based on opinion. You haven't disproven anything quoting that post.

davi

Juniors
Seeing what Des Hasler has done with a worse squad than Barrett had who in their right mind would recruit him?

Paul Kent made an interesting comment about Des Hasler. He suggested Hasler is a coach who operates better on less is more. Hasler at the Bulldogs have the latest up to date technology and huge amount staff and Hasler found it too much. Hasler goes to Manly where he doesn't all latest technology and but its enough for him to operate and keep it simple which works better for Hasler.

BennyV

Referee
Paul Kent made an interesting comment about Des Hasler. He suggested Hasler is a coach who operates better on less is more. Hasler at the Bulldogs have the latest up to date technology and huge amount staff and Hasler found it too much. Hasler goes to Manly where he doesn't all latest technology and but its enough for him to operate and keep it simple which works better for Hasler.
I’ve made the comment a few times (when dumbass dragons fans say dumbass stuff like ‘Hasler is past it, I’d rather stick with McGregor’...f**king idiots) that Hasler is a brilliant coach and that’s it. When he was at Manly in his first stint, Bob Fulton did most of the footy and roster management, allowing Hasler to coach the team. And it worked. When he stepped into the Dogs, the roster was ready made for him, and he was instantly successful. However over the following years he took on more and more responsibilities like recruitment, roster management, and so on, and he f**ked it.

Back at Manly, he is focusing on coaching footy again and is showing he is damn good at it.

justdave

Juniors
Manly have all the up to date tech, it’s lawn chairs and tables we desperately need.
Gardens are great though

davi

Juniors
The Australian is reporting the QRL are considering bringing back Wayne Bennett for the Maroons coaching job because of the potential departure of Kevin Walters. There is a view Walters will likely depart from the job after this series if he secures the Titans coaching position which he is reported the front runner if Garth Brennan gets the boot which is looking increasingly likely. The other names thrown around for the job are St Helens coach Justin Holbrook, and Roosters assistants Craig Fitzgibbon and Adam O'Brien.

I really can't see Titans going for an upcoming assistant again. I know commentators were championing Brennan for the Titans vacancy after Neil Henry's departure.

It's a bit concerning for Queensland the lack of coaches available in the ranks for the QLD job. After Bennett a couple former players names were thrown around with limited coaching experience and Paul Green which the article acknowledges is not a realistic option because Green won't be allowed to accept the QLD coaching position from his club.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The Australian is reporting the QRL are considering bringing back Wayne Bennett for the Maroons coaching job because of the potential departure of Kevin Walters. There is a view Walters will likely depart from the job after this series if he secures the Titans coaching position which he is reported the front runner if Garth Brennan gets the boot which is looking increasingly likely. The other names thrown around for the job are St Helens coach Justin Holbrook, and Roosters assistants Craig Fitzgibbon and Adam O'Brien.

I really can't see Titans going for an upcoming assistant again. I know commentators were championing Brennan for the Titans vacancy after Neil Henry's departure.

It's a bit concerning for Queensland the lack of coaches available in the ranks for the QLD job. After Bennett a couple former players names were thrown around with limited coaching experience and Paul Green which the article acknowledges is not a realistic option because Green won't be allowed to accept the QLD coaching position from his club.
After Thursday night billy Walters will captain/coach the maroons to 10 straight series wins

BennyV

Referee

So they recognise that Green is not a realistic option due to coaching an NRL team, but their front runner is Wayne Bennet.

They really do breed them special up there...

betcats

Referee
So they recognise that Green is not a realistic option due to coaching an NRL team, but their front runner is Wayne Bennet.

Green is not a realistic option due to being an uppity little midget.

lynx000

Juniors

Green is not a realistic option because the Cowboys will not let him coach the State side whilst he is the cowboys coach.

Burns

First Grade
Wigan have announced that George Williams will leave Wigan at the end of the year. Raiders to annouce signing soon/today?

no name

Coach
Wigan have announced that George Williams will leave Wigan at the end of the year. Raiders to annouce signing soon/today?
I thought that was already a done deal?

Or was it a ‘done deal’? As in everyone knows but hasn’t been confirmed?