What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Panthers

TruSaint

Referee
Aitken & Lafai know they are guaranteed a spot no matter how they play & how many mistakes they make. Just like the Dragons Board, Mary has no balls to make changes no matter how bad they play.

Screenshot_12-4.jpg

Wittenberg

Juniors
Johnson has been a huge disappointment. Like the Board many of us thought a RedV boy who was everything we wanted one of our players to be could lead this club forward. He has just continued the ‘jobs for the boys’ mediocrity. I was one of those who thought he would be different from Doust.

Smurf

Juniors
With the Dragons sitting in 14th on the ladder with a 6-10 record, patience among the faithful is running out, and resting Origin representative Hunt hasn't gone down well.

MORE: Garth Brennan replacement can't be a rookie coach, says Gus Gould

A trip to the club's social media channels tells you all you need to know, with plenty of fans of the Red V airing their frustrations at the team's current state of affairs.

"Why is Hunt being rested we are playing for our season and Mary is worried about resting blokes? #maryout," one comment read.

"Hunt rested so he's fresh for the Grand Final," another disgruntled fan wrote, accompanied with some crying laughing emojis, of course.

And there's plenty more where they came from.

Sunday's deomoralising 36-14 loss to the Raiders at WIN Stadium, Canberra playing with 12 men for the final 22 minutes, only served to ramp up the unrest among the supporters.

McGregor, who was signed to a contract extension earlier this season, is the target of much of the anger, with the decision to leave Hunt out for Friday's trip to Penrith the latest move to irk fans

The Panthers are in red-hot form, having won six games in a row to find themselves in the top eight for the first time this season.

They welcome back NSW halves combination James Maloney and Nathan Cleary, with the latter overcoming an ankle injury.

Don't expect the Dragons fans to let up if they're on the wrong end of the scoreboard on Friday.

https://www.blinkist.com/magazine/p...WJsaW5rc2xhYnNnbWJoLXNj&utm_content=168036820

hazzbeen

Bench
Johnson has been a huge disappointment. Like the Board many of us thought a RedV boy who was everything we wanted one of our players to be could lead this club forward. He has just continued the ‘jobs for the boys’ mediocrity. I was one of those who thought he would be different from Doust.
It was like we will just put you there and pay you , but you don't have to do anything at all ..... And Doust got out knowing what was coming ....

blacksafake

First Grade
He’s like the Loch Ness monster.
Surely he’d would have by now at least addressed the Red V members.
#marcelmarceau

rednwhites

Juniors
Hunt was shocking in defence on Sunday. I'd say its more of an attitude thing than fatigue as his body language was extremely poor from the very start of the game as I had a close eye on him.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Rests Hunt against a more winnable opponent and a week after the poor bugger has played 2 games in 5 days. Mary is just clueless. 3 season on not resting players after origin and watching the team slide, he has learnt this season to rest 1 player the week after he backs up from Origin.

I personally reckon Benny has been dropped as he took him off early and this is probably his warning. Mary is probably pi$$ed off at him because Ben told him his game plans suck, not on form.
It would be true but don't think he's got any game plans.

BLM01

First Grade
Definitely more to it. I think Hunt is having a 'dufty' moment.
Definitely not much more too it except he didnt want to be there Sunday and Mary should of recognised it and taken it out of his hands. I said all along he should of been rested for that game.
Now Hunt is paying the penalty and likely dropped for a crap game instead of putting himself first by saying No... to being right to play. No player will likely say that
I didnt watch the game but was not Frizz in the same boat?. His defense on the highlights looked also a bit flimsy.
Not sure why Norman's head was not there either.

Definitely not much more too it except he didnt want to be there Sunday and Mary should of recognised it and taken it out of his hands. I said all along he should of been rested for that game.
Now Hunt is paying the penalty and likely dropped for a crap game instead of putting himself first by saying No... to being right to play. No player will likely say that
I didnt watch the game but was not Frizz in the same boat?. His defense on the highlights looked also a bit flimsy.
Not sure why Norman's head was not there either.

To be honest no one looked like they wanted to be there including all the origin players...
And are you sure there nothing more to it?
Because from my point of view from the opening sets and how soft and lacklustre I really thought the players might be sending a message again I’m just assuming

possm

Coach
Hunt was shocking in defence on Sunday. I'd say its more of an attitude thing than fatigue as his body language was extremely poor from the very start of the game as I had a close eye on him.
Surely our SOO stars can see the difference between being coached by professionals at SOO and then returning to the rubbish that SGI delivers.

BLM01

First Grade
Surely our SOO stars can see the difference between being coached by professionals at SOO and then returning to the rubbish that SGI delivers.
Not so sure Possm about the coaching..it helps being around and within a side of other elite players

BLM01

First Grade
This is a legitimate product sold at Coles. I love Dragons fans commitment to making a point:

View attachment 31497
Any Panthers supporters out there..I bet they are a bit nervous...6 in a row, Cleary back.
This is the unloseable game at home..... right?..and Dragons are 100's to win it.
Saw this last year against Brisbane in the semis. :)

OldPanther

Coach
Any Panthers supporters out there..I bet they are a bit nervous...6 in a row, Cleary back.
This is the unloseable game at home..... right?..and Dragons are 100's to win it.
Saw this last year against Brisbane in the semis. :)

We definitely aren't confident. We haven't been super convincing in any of our wins.