What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will you be on the Day Cameron Smith plays his 400th NRL Game?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The fact that Smith's success continues to hurt so many people is glorious.
Real question is which incredible player will everyone decide to hate once Smith retires in 2021?

He is a giant amongst men. It is only natural lessor mortals are going to hate on him. As we saw with Thurston, the better the player the greater the jealousy.

Bloke

Juniors
He is a giant amongst men. It is only natural lessor mortals are going to hate on him. As we saw with Thurston, the better the player the greater the jealousy.
Straya. The home of the Tall Poppy Syndrome. It permeates every corner of life, not just sport. Any Tasmanian that leaves for the Mainland to try and better their lives due to a lack of quality work down here is frowned upon. Heaven forbid you excel at something or have a tertiary education. Sport is a convenient avenue to legitimise the cutting down of tall poppies. Always has been.

Generalzod

Immortal
Straya. The home of the Tall Poppy Syndrome. It permeates every corner of life, not just sport. Any Tasmanian that leaves for the Mainland to try and better their lives due to a lack of quality work down here is frowned upon. Heaven forbid you excel at something or have a tertiary education. Sport is a convenient avenue to legitimise the cutting down of tall poppies. Always has been.
No people hate Cameron Smith because his a grub nothing to do with tall pop syndrome, I really would have loved to see how would have done without the likes of Slater Thurston Inglis Lockyer Cooper Cronk, all the Queensland greats. He kind of answered that himself when he retired from Origin abruptly last year...

ram raid

Bench
No people hate Cameron Smith because his a grub nothing to do with tall pop syndrome, I really would have loved to see how would have done without the likes of Slater Thurston Inglis Lockyer Cooper Cronk, all the Queensland greats. He kind of answered that himself when he retired from Origin abruptly last year...

Yeah he did ,, showing how useless QLD are without him.

MrBlack

Juniors

Qld players I hated whenever they put on a jersey - Wally Lewis, Thurston, Slater, Cronk, Maninga, Corey Parker, to name a few

All great or very good players. In retirement I would happily sit down and have a beer with any of them. My dislike as a player was a mark of respect, I wanted them to fail every week, not really tall poppy syndrome.

Smith on the other hand, just doesn't come across as someone you would call a mate after footy. The cheating scandal combined with his conduct with Alex McKinnon have really hurt his reputation. He is a great player but probably not a great bloke.

firechild

First Grade
Qld players I hated whenever they put on a jersey - Wally Lewis, Thurston, Slater, Cronk, Maninga, Corey Parker, to name a few

All great or very good players. In retirement I would happily sit down and have a beer with any of them. My dislike as a player was a mark of respect, I wanted them to fail every week, not really tall poppy syndrome.

Smith on the other hand, just doesn't come across as someone you would call a mate after footy. The cheating scandal combined with his conduct with Alex McKinnon have really hurt his reputation. He is a great player but probably not a great bloke.
Wally, Cooper and Corey I'd tend to agree with but Billy, Mal and JT I dislike as people, not just because they played for QLD or their respective clubs.