What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd17 vs Tigers post game discussion.

Happy MEel

First Grade
??
In the post I replied to, you suggested we should open two threads.
I’m pretty sure the thread of inane shit that is loosely based on the game is the original game day thread. He just wants that to remain open whilst the post match thread opens.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lol you've had more than your fair share of spats with Suity just as one example tbh....we're all in the same glass house in this forum, Gaz
I don't give a f**k about Suity. He's a dick. I also don't give a shit about individuals ripping into each other. I love the banter and regularly participate as you rightfully point out.

Call me old fashioned but I think there is something distateful about giving mods a hard time.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't give a f**k about Suity. He's a dick. I also don't give a shit about individuals ripping into each other. I love the banter and regularly participate as you rightfully point out.

Call me old fashioned but I think there is something distateful about giving mods a hard time.

Yeah, well when they flip-flop like Avenger on BA, I reckon they deserve it.

Course if I say any more it'll get zapped...

strider

Post Whore
Yeah if we are against a poll, then just leave the game day thread open, make the post game thread, and see where shit lands ... all good

Suitman

Post Whore
I’m pretty sure the thread of inane shit that is loosely based on the game is the original game day thread. He just wants that to remain open whilst the post match thread opens.

Ok. It just wasn't that clear in the reply but if that's what he meant, that's ok with me.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Ok. It just wasn't that clear in the reply but if that's what he meant, that's ok with me.
Ok great. I think we’re getting somewhere. So @Gronk and @TheParraboy could we try leaving the game day thread open this weekend once the post match thread starts?

That seems like a workable compromise for everyone.

For the record, I don’t particularly care either way...

strider

Post Whore

Agree .... modding isnt an easy task ... we should all be extremely thankful people agree to take it on ... without it we will be f**ked ..... so shut ya whiney bitch trap and lay off mods

#modsAreTops

Eelogical

Referee
Couldn't care less about a poll tbh.

If the game day thread stays as it should, I'll post as much as I used to. If it stays as it is now (ie locked), I'll continue posting more in the NRL game day threads. If people vote to lock people out of discussion, there are other options.

Separate my responding to Suity being a complete knob from the game day thread discussion. Two different things, one is just borne from the other
Fair enough. But if a poll was taken and the decision was upheld by the mods and it wasn't favourable to you expectations, you'd have to agree that mentioning it further would be for self gratification only.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I completely understand that but it ain't that hard to quote a post from a closed thread. I proved that before.
And yes, people HAVE been complaining about this thread.

It isn't hard, but it is unnecessarily convoluted. and no, the complaints about this thread are all directly in relation to the locking of the game day thread.

There's been a lot of "it's no big deal" and i"it's not that hard" or people are whinging or whatever, but I haven't seen is any real reasoning offered as to why locking the game day thread is an improvement.

It's all very well to argue why not, but where is the argument for why?

Suitman

Post Whore
It isn't hard, but it is unnecessarily convoluted. and no, the complaints about this thread are all directly in relation to the locking of the game day thread.

There's been a lot of "it's no big deal" and i"it's not that hard" or people are whinging or whatever, but I haven't seen is any real reasoning offered as to why locking the game day thread is an improvement.

It's all very well to argue why not, but where is the argument for why?

That's fair enough, and indeed logical.
It's the most considered reply on this thread so far (besides the people who have just posted their game day thoughts on the match). I don't necessarily agree with everything you have posted, but can understand the reasoning.

I've suggested that it ain't that hard to quote posts from a locked thread. It really isn't, but I do it from a desktop, while others are mucking around on a phone. That's a fair point as well. Only 1 or 2 made that complaint while others were just on their high horse without giving this type of positive feedback.

As for why locking the game day thread could be considered an improvement, there have been reasons given why.
Thank you for your considered reply.

Latest posts