What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesse Ramien

perverse

Referee
Seems to have had a blow up with Brown after being dropped for playing like a busted arse all year.

Good luck to him, where ever he ends up. Has been shit for us, bordering diabolical for the past month. Deserved to be dropped, and if his attitude is shit then I'm happy we're showing him the door.

Meth

Staff member
Seems to have had a blow up with Brown after being dropped for playing like a busted arse all year.

Good luck to him, where ever he ends up. Has been shit for us, bordering diabolical for the past month.

Yeah, never looked as good (from what I saw) as he did at the Sharks. Second year blues?

perverse

Referee
Yeah, never looked as good (from what I saw) as he did at the Sharks. Second year blues?
The only people who would really know would be the Knights playing group and Brown. Reading between the lines, I'd say he's not hugely tight with the playing group. Possibly didn't really fit in at the Knights socially. Either way, his efforts have ranged from average to deplorable. That doesn't make you a very popular figure in a team.

If any team wants a player that has a barney with the coach after being dropped for 19 weeks of terrible form, then all suitors are welcome to him. Having said that - I don't know that my opinion is typical for the average Knights fan... there's a lot of people who would sooner get rid of our coach than Jesse judging by a lot of comments in various Knights forums.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
RCG, Ramien, Blake, CHN rumours earlier in the year etc

Seems to be a lot of buyers remorse going around this year after signing new/long term deals.

perverse

Referee

Seems to be a lot of buyers remorse going around this year after signing new/long term deals.
Honestly, we get out of this pretty lightly. Ramien has provided us zero all year, and we get to offload him with no penalty in this scenario. We've had a lot worse situations in the past where overpaid non-contributors are happy to suck up salary cap in reserve grade.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

Good, lets hope it teaches a few lessons, although Brisbane were sure as hell smart to lock up Haas for as long as they did so, it's a double edged sword but one side is undoubtedly sharper than the other.

There is a huge story waiting to hit the airwaves somewhere in this, there would just have to be. I think after the YoYo season they've had and the talent that Ramien seems to be, if it came down to just a bad relationship between coach and player, SURELY there is someone there who would be smart enough to put a stop to Brown squeezing him out.

Reading the Knights statement, it obviously comes across as very glib and without much detail. Something tells me there were more than a few within the club who are happy to see the back of him.

grouch

First Grade
It's a seller's market for a centre. With the likes of Coen Hess, Alex Glenn, Blake Ayshford and Euan Aitken running around in the centres this weekend, Ramien won't have any trouble finding a new home regardless of his issues

myrrh ken

First Grade
It's a seller's market for a centre. With the likes of Coen Hess, Alex Glenn, Blake Ayshford and Euan Aitken running around in the centres this weekend, Ramien won't have any trouble finding a new home regardless of his issues

Anyone interested in a Dugan or Morris? Both young up and comers with bags of potential. Both are bullet-proof with great passing games.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Brad tighe (pad thai)

You are an extremely misled man.

Firstly, Pad Thai is a Taiwanese dish, not Vietnamese or Japanese.

Secondly, Pad Thai is a noodle based dish, rather than a soup.

Thirdly, the former Knights-Penrith-Titans superstar with a derivation of that name is called Bradley Tighe. There is no such dish called a “Padley Thai”, so you are wrong in this instance.

Please think before you attempt such hopeless attempts at trolling.

Generalzod

Immortal
Jessie is a friend.... yeah I know he’s been a good friend of mine ... but somethings changed lately and it ain’t hard to define ...

"Baby, I've been thinking 'bout a trailer by the sea.
We could go to Mexico, you, the cat and me.
We'll drink tequila and look for seashells.
Now, doesn't that sound sweet?"

myrrh ken

First Grade
You are an extremely misled man.

Firstly, Pad Thai is a Taiwanese dish, not Vietnamese or Japanese.

Secondly, Pad Thai is a noodle based dish, rather than a soup.

Thirdly, the former Knights-Penrith-Titans superstar with a derivation of that name is called Bradley Tighe. There is no such dish called a “Padley Thai”, so you are wrong in this instance.

Please think before you attempt such hopeless attempts at trolling.

You are Albert-lite.