What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V the lot that stole our song, & claimed it as their own (bulldogs)

Marky Mark

Juniors
2016 was almost all Moylan. He had 20+ try assists that year.

Im not saying we can’t make the 8 next year, I’m simply saying Nathan won’t all of a sudden switch on and start regularly creating tries. It’s not in his game.
Nathan is solid but nothing special, solid & on 1 million a season doesn't add up.

Munted

Bench
Paying merkins like Nathan and that gimp at the titans a million a year makes a joke of the whole thing.
These merkins should be paid a base income and then paid for performance to unlock bonus payments.
Just watch people perform at a new level when they are being shipped around.

f**k I am angry. We are a merkin of a team, seeing Kevin Walters head on fox sports makes it worse. How does he have a job? f**k!

Marky Mark

Juniors
All 3 players who go into the position don't run. We have no attacking structures. There is something up with the coaching.
A coach with no ideas, honestly, doesn't he analyse the good teams, really break their game down & work out ways to compete. "What does he do all day?" (Mark's mum)

BxTom

Bench
Honestly, it may be for the best. I think making the finals is papering over the cracks, we need to make some tough decisions to make the next step forward.
Lol, we already did. We sacked a coach with a 58% win record that has taken us to the finals more time than any other coach in Penrith's history so that we could go that one step further - backwards.

Marky Mark

Juniors
The team has no vision, they don't seem to even be aware of the opponents positioning, they don't anticipate anything. No long cut out passes by the halfback, no variation or effective kicking, no creativity. Such a frustrating team to follow.
P.s. Liam Martin has a big heart & talent to match

Lol, we already did. We sacked a coach with a 58% win record that has taken us to the finals more time than any other coach in Penrith's history so that we could go that one step further - backwards.

True, but I think we’ve got some calls to make on a few more players. I don’t see us getting better with Mansour & Whare in our backline.

Whare could stay as a back up.

Re Griffin, solid coach, but I don’t think we would’ve made the next step with him. It was who we appointed that was the mistake.

Marky Mark

Juniors
Paying merkins like Nathan and that gimp at the titans a million a year makes a joke of the whole thing.
These merkins should be paid a base income and then paid for performance to unlock bonus payments.
Just watch people perform at a new level when they are being shipped around.

f**k I am angry. We are a merkin of a team, seeing Kevin Walters head on fox sports makes it worse. How does he have a job? f**k!
I agree yet I'm confused by the constant "merkin" term. I mean, I know what a "merkin" is, although it's just a strange thing to call an average Footy player.

10Grand

Juniors
Lets not kid ourselves we have massive issues.We need more muscle and power and hole running ball playing edge rowers.I don't feel Yeo is much of a match winner either.whare and Mansour are a spent force.massive questions about edwards who just isn't a ball playing fullback.Kenny and Egan don't seem to have that dummy half smarts.Hopefully we make some astute purchases for next season and some good kids come thru the lower grades.Very very disappointed with what that reject Dwz did today when he was absolutely crap for us this year and most of last season.

TheFrog

Coach
Did anyone else catch Hopoate slamming the head of a player without the ball (Edwards) violently into the ground a few seconds after he f**ked up by passing to one of our players? He's got enough of his father in him. Grub.

Does that count as a 'late hit' NRL?
I saw it. Not a word from the comms. Couldn't believe the refs didn't act.

Marky Mark

Juniors
I saw it. Not a word from the comms. Couldn't believe the refs didn't act.
Yeah, have to say the commentating is often very bad with no attempt to explain baffling penalties etc. Too busy talking out of their arses & miss or choose not to comment on stuff we're witnessing in our lounge rooms.
That head slam was violent & would land you in court if done in public.

chrisD

Coach
The roster this year was rubbish but if he was allowed to fix it we'd be top 4 next year atleast.

The whole thing is a mess these 4 years will be a punish
Bennett hasn’t fixed a roster in about 8 seasons. Nathan Brown is actually fixing a Bennett roster and the Broncos are shuffling deck chairs on his other Titanic.

Exsilium

First Grade
We've got a habit of drastically overrating our players.

If not for the winning streak, which ended by playing a top side, we would be cellar dwellers.

Today proved we have not evolved as a football side. We don't grind, were not patient and we lack the unity of a proper football team.

With Maloney gone, we will lack any serious leadership in the halves. Our forward will be fine and we are likely to add to them but its the backline which has me worried. There's little to look forward to there.