What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V the lot that stole our song, & claimed it as their own (bulldogs)

mxlegend99

Referee
We will have to agree to disagree. We would have lost a lot more games without him. There is a reason he has been in SOO 5 times out of 6 games since he played for the Panthers. Plenty of better judges than me rate him. Cleary on the other hand, has shown in every arena, finals, SOO he just isn't good enough in that position. He might be a great hooker.
Cleary has been aswell. Yet theonly game he missed was for injury.

That's a ridiculous use of argument to be pro Maloney and against Cleary.

Cleary has never lost an Origin series and as yet never missed a finals series. Not to say he's perfect. But before Jimmy arrived he was doing far more than he has since he arrived. He does better when he needs to. He has won games with Carty and May at 6 ffs. With Jimmy though he lets him run the team which is what fans wanted ever since his injury last year

GongPanther

Referee
Yep Cleary just hasn’t kicked on unfortunately and we’re going to pay the price for it for the next few years, was a massive gamble giving him so much money early on and it’s backfired big time by the looks of things, I still think there’s a halfback in there somewhere but I’m probably just an idiot for thinking that, he has to many performances where he can’t even perform basic halfback skills consistently, the fact he’s played origin is truly mind blowing.
Ppl comment in the media that he is still young, yet Brandy was tearing the competition a new one when he was only 19. But there is still time to make the finals. But with so much work ahead of us, we are hardly worthy of a spot in the play-offs.

You insult Egan yet Kenny played double his minutes with 8 metres gained. Like I said people here don't actually understand football. When both your hookers don't run it's the coaching.

I just don’t see what would be in it to tell them not to run. It’s not a risky play.

franklin2323

Immortal

Cleary has never lost an Origin series and as yet never missed a finals series. Not to say he's perfect. But before Jimmy arrived he was doing far more than he has since he arrived. He does better when he needs to. He has won games with Carty and May at 6 ffs. With Jimmy though he lets him run the team which is what fans wanted ever since his injury last year

Ivan coaches a play what is in front of you style which is the opposite of what Cleary does well.

If Nathan can’t step and and take control when the team needs him he must have a pretty low footy IQ. You don’t just sit back and watch the other guy fail, you’ve got to step in.

Abacus

Juniors
I just don’t see what would be in it to tell them not to run. It’s not a risky play.
Not so sure they're specifically told "don't run", more that they've been coached to get the ball to halves to get it wide. And we just don't seem to get many fast PTBs, reducing dummy half run options.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ivan coaches a play what is in front of you style which is the opposite of what Cleary does well.
You mean Ivan doesn't coach. Ididnt see Jimmy or Luai doing anything either.

Playing what you see amounts to shit if you dont have players running lines or finishing opportunities. Whare bombed a try hogging it. Naden bombed one trying to catch a ball rather than grounding it. The guys outside the halves bombing opportunitiescan make the same play look shit. Yet they convert them and the play looks good.

Dave's mate

Juniors
You mean Ivan doesn't coach. Ididnt see Jimmy or Luai doing anything either.

Playing what you see amounts to shit if you dont have players running lines or finishing opportunities. Whare bombed a try hogging it. Naden bombed one trying to catch a ball rather than grounding it. The guys outside the halves bombing opportunitiescan make the same play look shit. Yet they convert them and the play looks good.
Playing whats in fron of you works when you have a stud like Moylan or 2016 Jimmy but that guy is LONG gone

Pomoz

Bench
You insult Egan yet Kenny played double his minutes with 8 metres gained. Like I said people here don't actually understand football. When both your hookers don't run it's the coaching.
Careful Old Panther, your Egan man crush is showing again. I did mention the coaching if you read all of my post, but nil metres is a special effort on top of his 9 metres last week. If he can keep this up, he might have covered the entire length of the field after 26 rounds.

He is supposed to have a great running game. Where is it?

This guy on twitter just told me if Nathan played for the roosters he’d lead the league in assists :joy:

Apologies if you post here pennysmitt

Pomoz

Bench

Let's not argue about who is the better half out of Cleary and Maloney. It's not even close, not in the same post code. The idea that he has got worse with Maloney here is a good one. I'm sure it must be difficult playing along side a two times premiership winning Australian half. Poor bugger, I don't know how he copes.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Let's not argue about who is the better half out of Cleary and Maloney. It's not even close, not in the same post code. The idea that he has got worse with Maloney here is a good one. I'm sure it must be difficult playing along side a two times premiership winning Australian half. Poor bugger, I don't know how he copes.
This shit has to stop. When is Jimmy going to be held accountable? Nathan very well might be a flop but the free pass Maloney gets is sickening

OldPanther

Coach
Careful Old Panther, your Egan man crush is showing again. I did mention the coaching if you read all of my post, but nil metres is a special effort on top of his 9 metres last week. If he can keep this up, he might have covered the entire length of the field after 26 rounds.

He is supposed to have a great running game. Where is it?

It's no secret I like Egan and it isn't a valid response every time I mention him. I wasn't specifically defending him. Pointing out that the team just sucks at the very thing you see as an issue in a single player.

I don't mean to sound rude, I'm still angry over that game.

Pomoz

Bench
It's no secret I like Egan and it isn't a valid response every time I mention him. I wasn't specifically defending him. Pointing out that the team just sucks at the very thing you see as an issue in a single player.

I don't mean to sound rude, I'm still angry over that game.
No worries Old Panther. I'm angry too. Mainly angry that we hired Ivan back when we could have had Hasler, Bennett, Sheens or Maguire. All coaches with a better record than Dave's mate. Todays game was a perfect wikipedia entry for "Dave's Mate's Coaching Style" and "N Cleary's halfback prowess". Put the two together and you get sh%t on a stick.

Flashstep

Juniors
This shit has to stop. When is Jimmy going to be held accountable? Nathan very well might be a flop but the free pass Maloney gets is sickening

Maloney has glaring weaknesses in his game but the fact is even at the end of his career Maloney is a better attacking half and it’s not close, I think Maloney has been up and down for us during his time here but at least he tries to do something every week, it’s a shame we never got him earlier on but it is what it is.